Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer Garden in Dublin City Centre

• 10-08-2012 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

Looking for a nice beer garden in D1 or D2 for after work today, my mind has drawn a blank so some any suggestions appreciated :)

I've no idea where to post this so if it could be moved to the appropriate forum please

Comments

Try the Galway City Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Try the home and garden forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Try the Galway City Forum.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Try the home and garden forum

pffft... jealous :rolleyes:

davet82 wrote: »

Oh believe me, after celebrating Katie's win last night the last place I want to be is near a pub. Hanging.

Seriously though dude, it's pure lazy not to bother your backside looking for the Dublin forum and expecting mods to do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Well for D2 I suppose you could try D2 pub on harcourt street or Dicys but both will probably be packed with business heads after work.
    I'd take a strole up to the George Bernard Shaw which has a lovely beer garden with pizza served from an old double decker bus or up as far as the Barge pub on the canal which does not have a beer garden but loads of space along the canal for nice pints in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Dicey reillys. Although it's a kip so maybe not.
    The kitchen is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Not D1/D2, but The Porterhouse North is worth a visit...great beers & a lovely beer garden to chill out in.

http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/bars-dublin-north.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

There's the Church on Mary st, nice spot with a beer garden.

There's also Bruxelles off Grafton st.

The Old Storehouse has a nice beer garden and also the best pints in Dublin if you ask me.

The roof garden in Fitzsimmons Templebar is nice enough during the day, wouldn't touch the place for a night out but for a chilled beer outside after work it can be alright.

The kitchen is nice.

is the kitchen not just a nightclub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Try the religion forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The kitchen is nice.

Actually it is :L I forgot it doesnt open during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Pav, if it is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Morrisons hotel, north quays

Be classy OP, beautiful place

Beer garden out the back

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

spoofilyj wrote: »
    Well for D2 I suppose you could try D2 pub on harcourt street or Dicys but both will probably be packed with business heads after work.
    I'd take a strole up to the George Bernard Shaw which has a lovely beer garden with pizza served from an old double decker bus or up as far as the Barge pub on the canal which does not have a beer garden but loads of space along the canal for nice pints in the evening.
    This. Great shout Spoofily. Heaven on a day like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The Barge is where it's at on nice days. Bring your own booze if you're feeling tight

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Go Knacker drinking in the park.

Go Knacker drinking in the park.

not a bad idea but instead of the park maybe the boardwalk, i could also score some smack while i'm there too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Noctor's, always a great atmosphere there!

kfallon wrote: »
    Noctor's, always a great atmosphere there!

the beer garden being sheriff street and broken glass, i think i'll pass :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

the beer garden being sheriff street and broken glass, i think i'll pass :pac:

They pull the sofas out on to the street on a day like today, just like a real life Shameless!

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    They pull the sofas out on to the street on a day like today, just like a real life Shameless!

oh well then, noctors here i come ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Pav, if it is open.

ah yes the Pav for some casual cans of Bavaria, exactly what you need after a long week of work!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The Bernard Shaw on South Richmond St, The Bailey off Grafton St, Grogans on South William Street all have beer gardens. If you can stretch further there is always the Barge on Charlemont St with the best place for outdoor pints IMO. I dont even know if its legal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

No, it's also a room used for cooking and food preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Recently learned of the beer garden in Toner's (Baggot Street). Looks like a great spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

The rooftop in O'Neills Suffolk Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Out the back of Diceys is a good spot and you can get some nice grub in there if you get peckish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The beer garden/fore court in the brazen head is nice enough and not too far from town.
    Smyths in Renlagh has a nice neer garden too.
    On the north side there's a wee beer garden in LL Mulligans which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This place has a savage beer garden.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement