Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Account Name

Options
  • 10-08-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

When changing your account name, you are charged €300 deposit. What I want to know is what happens to that €300? Is it used as credit on the account? Or do you get it back when you move house again? Can someone shed some light on this please! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi acton84,

Only new customers, or customers who have not had an account with us for the past 2 years, are charged a security deposit. It is automatically refunded as a credit on your account after 14 months (or 6 clear bills). It would also be automatically credited back to your account if/when you close it (i.e. if you move out of a property). Once it is credited back to your account, you have the option of leaving it there to offset future invoices, or you can claim it back in the form of a cheque refund.

It is worth noting that if you sign up to pay by direct debit, for gas or electricity, you are not charged any security deposit.

If you have any further questions I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 acton84

Thanks for that. I have been charged the deposit already, if I sign up for direct debit will I get the €300 refunded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi acton84,
    acton84 wrote:
    Thanks for that. I have been charged the deposit already, if I sign up for direct debit will I get the €300 refunded?

You will indeed. I can arrange for it to be credited straight back to your bank account if you like - just PM me the following details and I'll sort it out:
    • Your full name and Electric Ireland account number
    • Your contact number and date of birth (for account security)
    Regards,

David.

Advertisement