Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

place to off load dvds

Options
  • 10-08-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

am decluttering at the moment and need to off load a few dvds. does anyone know where I might get a few bob for them?

I know in Galway they give you 75c per dvd and sell it for 2-3 euro. Chapters seems to sell them for 5 euro so maybe I will get more from them?

Failing all options I will bring them to a charity shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Adverts.ie? Sell them altogether for €20 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

Saw a sign in HMV last week saying they were accepting DVDs and CDs now - possibly just for store credit. As always with these places they'll never give you much, bit more if you'll accept store credit, but it is a lot simpler than selling privately imo even if you don't net as much.
    DVDs are so cheap and plentiful now they don't generally seem to hold much value. CEX is another option, but that involves a trek to Dublin. At least their website will tell you what they give in advance: http://ie.webuy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

CeX on Liffey Street will buy them off you. You'll probab;y get about a euro per DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

A flea market maybe? There's a lad down in Newmarket Square (The Co Op flea market, every last Sunday of the month), who sells and buys stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

thanks for the responses. i will try the guy on Liffey street and see what chapters say as well, though I have heard they are not the best to deal with in terms of trying to flog them something.
    a euro is not much, when I recall that paid up to 15euro for some of them but something is better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There's another one. The next event is in October, afaik

http://www.irishrecordfairs.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cex let you check how much you'll get on their website :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Fuinseog wrote: »
    thanks for the responses. i will try the guy on Liffey street and see what chapters say as well, though I have heard they are not the best to deal with in terms of trying to flog them something.
    a euro is not much, when I recall that paid up to 15euro for some of them but something is better than nothing.

Clearout.ie only pay 20c per CD/DVD :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's a used DVD shop on College Green beside the huge Abercrombie and Fitch sign. Not sure how much they give per DVD, but take a look in there when you're doing the rounds.

Advertisement