Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe Free to play beta

• 10-08-2012 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

Warframe is a cooperative 3rd-person action free-to-play game from Digital Extremes, the team behind The Darkness II.

You can sign up for access to the beta here

https://playwarframe.com/?ref=86147136

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

looks pretty sweet
    my pc couldnt handle that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I knew I had seen a thread for this somewhere in this forum but had completely forgot I had signed up for it ages ago.

Was a bit surprised when I went into my email and saw
    Your Warframe is waiting...

You have been chosen to participate in the exclusive Warframe Closed Beta.
    We look forward to having you in the game and getting your feedback.

To activate your account follow this link:

Note: In order to play Warframe, you must read and agree to our legal
    policies found at www.warframe.com and the Closed Beta Test Agreement
    after downloading the game.

Warframe is a co-op focused third-person shooter brought to you by
    Digital Extremes.

Was actually going to ignore it as I had never heard of the game but then I saw Digital Extremes (who I remember from Unreal/Darkness fame) so decided to have a look at website. Liked the look of the video/idea (reminded me a bit of ME3 multiplayer) so currently downloading the client.

They are currently doing a stress test so have expanded the numbers getting in and from the looks of the major update seems to have added a lot more to the game since the Alpha.

Anyone here actually playing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Beta is out now and there are still some keys left.
    I just picked up one myself

It's a F2P 3rd person Co-Op action/Shooter
    Beta Keys http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/warframe-beta-keys

https://warframe.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ffs before I registered there was 5 keys left and once I'm done registering, they were gone
    Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Headshot wrote: »
    Ffs before I registered there was 5 keys left and once I'm done registering, they were gone
    Ugh

http://www.freemmostation.com/giveaways/warframe-closed-beta-giveaway/

:)

Played it for awhile. It was fun for an hour but then got very sameish and repeats everything.

Also what the hell is is with item shop? you have to pay for almost EVERYTHING in this game including being able to level your character / weapons fully.

Can you earn platinum in game? If not I won't be playing it as I don't like to be gouged so much in a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thanks alot Limericks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This just went into open beta. Played 2 games so far and it seems decent. Plays alot like the Mass Effect multiplayer which isn't a bad thing, although i find it odd there is no PvP component to the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

alot of the flashy effects in the trailer are from the physx engine, the game itself doesn't take much to run,

the classes would need to be seriously nerfed for pvp to be honest, theres too many instant kill aoe's, for example, the Excalibur's javalin attack, the only things that doesn't drop is bosses, the banshees sound quake is similar... but is more likely to blind what ever player is looking at it..

Enjoyable game, wouldnt play it alot though.

All i can say is the leech balls in later levels will drive you demented.....not only do the stunlock you, they also kill you at the same time, another player will need to kill them for you or you're dead... but when they are destroyed, they explode and hurt you anyway .

Advertisement