Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Down Stairs or Upstairs on Dublin Bus

• 10-08-2012 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I used to get the bus home from school and followed my friends upstairs. Nothing too freaky going on in the 48A to Ballinteer. Got the bus today and sat down stairs like an ould wan.

Your stories please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Tbh OP, I don't know what to tell you.

Edit, maybe a bit of generic reassurance, you're not old. Better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lollers wrote: »
    I used to get the bus home from school and followed my friends upstairs. Nothing too freaky going on in the 48A to Ballinteer. Got the bus today and sat down stairs like an ould wan.

Your stories please.

Where are your stories? you must regale first thats how it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Kids these days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

If the kids are with me we go upstairs, used to be the front when they were little, now its down the back, if I'm on my own its downstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Your stories please.

Have you sold the publishing rights to that magnificent tale yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I go upstairs to ****, drink and smoke dope.

Otherwise I stay downstairs

always upstairs unless it's a bit later at night then i feel safer downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Downstairs at the side!

I prefer to sit downstairs, because upstairs is usually where all the scumbags smoke/ smoke joints/ inject heroin/ take dumps/ go for a piss.

Yes, I have witnessed all of these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Ah the 48a :)

I sit downstairs, because Im clumsy as fook and the driver always pulls out just as I get on the first step!! I end up being smacked into one of the walls lol

So I sit downstairs, normally on the high seats! Or the back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I never been on a two story glass lorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Upstairs back seat centre

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Always upstairs - unless my niece is with me because she's afraid to go upstairs in case the top of the bus topples over or gets cut in half by a bridge, even though the bus doesn't go under any bridges.

Was forced downstairs a while ago due to a drunken idiot closing all the windows (which were open because it was a very warm day) so he could smoke his cigarettes, spill his can of beer and shout his stream of incoherent abuse at all and sundry without having a hair of his head blown out of place by the cool breeze that had been pleasantly flowing in through the open windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Asking for stories, my friends and me chatting away, like dopey teenagers do. A middle age man starts to enjoy to the page 3 Sun newspaper a bit too much. Cock on display, winks at and me and my friends and rings the next stop bell. Delightful memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Asking for stories, my friends and me chatting away, like dopey teenagers do. A middle age man starts to enjoy to the page 3 Sun newspaper a bit too much. Cock on display, winks at and me and my friends and rings the next stop bell. Delightful memories.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Sat upstairs once on a trip into town to find a job. Sat down at the back cause that's where the cool kids sit :cool: Anyway, this bloke beside me proceeds to take out a square of tinfoil and a straw and started smoking heroin right beside me. He turns around to me and says "don't mind me I'm only a junkie." I actually felt sorry for him when he said that.
    On that particular day people were heading into oxegen on this bus. They were drinking, smoking and shouting and generally annoying me. One of the lads decides to get changed on the bus as ye do! That was fine. He then exclaims that he's "dying for a piss and can't hold it any longer" while bouncing up and down. The junkie suggests that he piss in a large empty bottle of WKD. He pisses in the bottle and I swear to god the piss was neon green! It looked radioactive. At this point I was nearly getting sick!
    He decides then that he's going to pour the piss out the window. He pours it and it cascades down the side of the bus. Sickening.

In a bizarre twist, the junkie turns to me, hands me his phone and tells me to look at this conversation he is having with another junkie friend through text. The conversation was about The man who pissed in the bottle. The other junkie friend said in a text that he would be waiting for the weak-bladdered man at the bus stop with a baseball bat. This freaked me out.

Me and my job-seeking friends got off the bus and got the next one home. It wasn't a proud day for Dublin City to say the least. Don't know what the bus driver was up to but he done nothing about it. Probably didn't want to get involved.

inb4 tl;dr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Did he get off at the next stop??

Get off....geddit???

:(

TLDR

Ugh.. I remember similar on the bus trip to marley park... knackers... spilled a bottle trying to pour it out the window so everyone was standing in piss.

The traffic was so slow I convinced the bus driver to open the doors, hopped out and went into a pub for a piss, ran to catch up and jumped back on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Even now I still feel deep down that I'm not cool enough to sit upstairs, and DEFINITELY not down the back.

I hardly ever take the bus though, it drives me bananas the way it keeps stopping for other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Ugh.. I remember similar on the bus trip to marley park... knackers... spilled a bottle trying to pour it out the window so everyone was standing in piss.

The traffic was so slow I convinced the bus driver to open the doors, hopped out and went into a pub for a piss, ran to catch up and jumped back on board.

It always happens any time there's a concert or something similar. People are disgusting :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Depends on Bus

77, 77A, 78 = No fcuking way.

46a, 14, 16 = Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I like the rest of Ireland outside Dublin haven't a jaysus clue what a 49a is. Unless it comes with fried rice.

Perhaps the people of Dublin could request a forum for Dublin people to talk about Dublin stuff.

Crazy idea but it might work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement