Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 MegaThread [Part 2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Amazing from Mo Farah.

His wife there looked a bit of a mardy cow though - SMILE!
    looked like she was giving out to him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The wife has some puss on her hasn't she. Smile woman your husband just won gold.
    I think she was telling him that she might have left the oven on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The wife has some puss on her hasn't she. Smile woman your husband just won gold.

Yeah wtf was that about ?

She had the look on her face of...'yea yea.....when are you going to clean the gutters you good for nothing lump ? '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Wow wow wom that was brilliant, arise Sir MO, that nearly makes up for the men's 100m relay disaster (I said nearly) :))

Will be rootin for Joe in the boxing in under an hours time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

snubbleste wrote: »
    *cough* laura trott *cough*

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Mo.

More likely get 2nd behind Wiggins in SPOTY now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

45 minutes til we see John Joe..

Colin Jackson again haha

hahahahaahahah - Denise and Colin going mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Best of luck John Joe!!!!

2 Gold Medals would be Super Duper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What channel will yous be watching the boxing? rte or bbc(if they show it)
    I prefer the bbc commentary but I've watched all the matches on rte because they didn't show the others .

Well done Mo.

More likely get 2nd behind Wiggins in SPOTY now too.

What a year for GB! Wiggins, Ennis, Farah, Murray deserve awards on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

gambiaman wrote: »
    Amazing from Mo Farah.

His wife there looked a bit of a mardy cow though - SMILE!
    looked like she was giving out to him!
    I think she was telling him that she might have left the oven on.
    Yeah wtf was that about ?

She had the look on her face of...'yea yea.....when are you going to clean the gutters you good for nothing lump ? '

She was thinking I really don't want to give birth to one child never mind twins in an athletics stadium I reckon.

I prefer the bbc commentary but I've watched all the matches on rte because they didn't show the others .

I think bbc1 will be showing the athletics and showing the boxing after so you will probably end up watching it on rte to catch it live

By the way (US open pending-might not even be enough!!!) I think Farah will actually pip Wiggins now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

hahahahaahahah - Denise and Colin going mental
    And Colin with a stray hand moment there.

Lucky bleeder!

blueser wrote: »
    And Colin with a stray hand moment there.

Lucky bleeder!
    :confused:

cgpg5 wrote: »
    What a year for GB! Wiggins, Ennis, Farah, Murray deserve awards on their own.
    Steady on!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

BBC, prefer a less biased commentary. I don't blame RTE for it it's just my preference and RTE have been annoying showing more talking than sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

The womens 4 x 400m is just before the fight and mens 4 x 100m just after. Hopefully BBC will show both + fight. RTE, I imagine, will just show the fight and athletics an hour later after their boxing 'analysis'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Boxing is live on the BBC red button not on BBC one until after the Mens 4x100m (about 9.15). So I'll be watching it on RTE but might turn the Jimmy Magee commentary off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I like Jimmy McGees commentary for some reason so RTE for me - and BBC commentator might be biased being a British lad he's fighting

:confused:
    When they showed the reaction in the pundit's area as the race was finishing, Jackson's hand went very close to Denise's backside.

Steady on!

:D

Ah sure a Wimbledon final and olympic gold beating the greatest player ever and one of the greats both in straight sets is shocking

If he gets his maiden slam next month he'll be really, really close

Wow womens 800m was a **** up for Caster Semencka - or wahtever her name is

BBC, prefer a less biased commentary. I don't blame RTE for it it's just my preference and RTE have been annoying showing more talking than sport

Yeah I hope they show it they might not be showing it live. The rte feels more like a chat show at times.

Yeah I hope they show it they might not be showing it live. The rte feels more like a chat show at times.

BBC1 are showing it at 9:15 according to their schedule they popped up earlier

Ah sure a Wimbledon final and olympic gold beating the greatest player ever and one of the greats both in straight sets is shocking

If he gets his maiden slam next month he'll be really, really close
    Fair point. But he won't! It'll be between Bradley, Jess and Mo.

Chariots of Fire theme tune again

If he wins the US open I think he'll be incredibly close.

• Advertisement

BBC pundits arguing about Semenya throwing that. I can see where they are coming from. Wasn't arsed at all till the last 100

BBC1 are showing it at 9:15 according to their schedule they popped up earlier

I probably watch the rte. It looks like it's going to be a harder game. I really hope JJ wins and we stay at the top of the boxing medals lists :) otherwise gb take over. I'm just hoping it won't get to a countback . They both seem like pretty good boxers but I've only seen JJ.

BBC pundits arguing about Semenya throwing that. I can see where they are coming from. Wasn't arsed at all till the last 100

I know what Colin means though, with all the controversy surrounding her sexuality/gender maybe she was a little hessitant to win and then be in the spotlight again!!! Headlines around the world again casting assertions about he gender - a bit scary for her to win a Gold maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

I probably watch the rte. It looks like it's going to be a harder game. I really hope JJ wins and we stay at the top of the boxing medals lists :) otherwise gb take over. I'm just hoping it won't get to a countback . They both seem like pretty good boxers but I've only seen JJ.

GB still have 2 more boxers in gold medal bouts tomorrow. Would be huge for Ireland to top the medals in a sport though.

If he wins the US open I think he'll be incredibly close.
    Agreed. But I don't think he will win it. I'm not sure he has the mental strength to win a slam event. I still can't figure out how he dismissed Federer so easily in the Olympic final, having been relatively easily turned over by the same opponent just a few weeks before.

Campbell was awfully tired after last night's bout, I suspect Joe is the fave to take Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Someone walking into the shot there on RTE. Amateurs.

I think I'll watch the diving instead.

20 mins and counting. Come on John Joe.

• Advertisement

I think I'll watch the diving instead.

Half 8 kick off yes? Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

LordSutch wrote: »
    Campbell was awfully tired after last night's bout, I suspect Joe is the fave to take Gold.

1.6 (3/5) on Betfair now

I heard the bbc 3 are showing the boxing it said on twitter. I really want to watch the diving as well. The boxing isn't too long though.

Half 8 kick off yes? Can't wait
    Being introduced now. Can't see Daley winning a medal though.

Rascasse wrote: »
    GB still have 2 more boxers in gold medal bouts tomorrow. Would be huge for Ireland to top the medals in a sport though.

yeah we're at the top at the moment with GB just underneath, oh if they have more to go then we might end up 2nd place. Which still isn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

looking forward to the USA in the 4x400 final.

Allyson Felix has been one of the stars of this olympics.

Rte too busy with chit-chat though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Jess will probably shade it from wiggo, they'll all be doing the chat shows soon so that will have a bearing. Is it about sports or personality.

Another huge cheer for Team GB in the womens relay

USA way out in front

USA way out in front
    Waay ahead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Id say there will be trouble in Mullingar tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement