Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 MegaThread [Part 2]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

There were 2 bronzes up there when I checked

Oops my bad. I thought they waited until after the final to update the medals. Sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Go on John Joe ya legend! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Paddy was ferocious. He must be torn up with that.
    Fair fcuks John Joe. World class. Great anticipation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Anyone else think they are making the athletes do interviews too soon after the events ???
    ITs fine when they win - but some of the swimmers and track and field people have been really upset at times.
    Also the sweat is still dripping off them all

Its bad form if you ask me. Too much pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Brilliant win and our coaching staff deserves a lot of credit they seem to have the tactics spot on for all the fightd.
    Will be interesting to see what Mullingar does for the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The GB lad has some skinny set of kegs. Like watching peter crouch. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

Anyone else think they are making the athletes do interviews too soon after the events ???
    ITs fine when they win - but some of the swimmers and track and field people have been really upset at times.

But it makes for good tv and that's all that matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Rascasse wrote: »
    Jaysus, 14-19? I thought he won it but some of these scores are generous.

No he won it very clearly.

I though Barnes was very unlucky not to get the nod in his fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It might be me but BBC are awful for asking anyone that doesn't win if they plan on retiring while the athlete is standing there fit to collapse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Ah, he's a star.

His innocence is so endearing......:)

(I'm not being smart)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone know what time John Joe's final is on tomorrow at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Is there any site that shows Olympics events from previous days e.g. 100m, 200m etc?

Other side of the world here so can't watch them live as they're on in the middle of the night.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great result for Nevin,he is a class act

Feel sorry for Paddy,very unlucky not to get the win,he really threw everything at Chinese,but at least he can hold his head high this time because this time Barnes showed up

Roll on Conlan tonight,I really hopes he pulls it off,he is a bit like Barnes you just have to like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The Mullingar Shuffle!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

kfallon wrote: »
    Anyone know what time John Joe's final is on tomorrow at?

8:45pm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Barring a miracle, I'd say Nevin will be up against the British boxer in the final. He's 5-2 after round 1 in his semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Barring a miracle, I'd say Nevin will be up against the British boxer in the final. He's 5-2 after round 1 in his semi final.

That'll be some atmosphere!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Brits vs the Irish round 2 so, can we make it a clean sweep, Yes we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Knock, knock, knockin' on Nevin's door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

So we're guaranteed a medal of each colour now. Classy performance by Nevin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Nevin will be hot favorite for the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I don't care how warm it is outside. I am not feeling one shred of guilt staying indoors, when there are two Irish men on the telly boxing their hearts out for the country.

Unlucky Paddy Barnes. Heroic effort. What a turnaround in four years. Well done John Joe. Now bring home gold!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

11-6 after the second round. Nevin looks the better boxer of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looking at that fight neither of these lads are at Nevins level of skill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Nevin will be hot favorite for the final

Will he? The English guy beat him last year (though on count back). Closely matched I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah.. surely Nevin will be favorite. The British boxer, while good, looked nowhere near as good as Nevin today. Though of course anything can happen on the day.

Rascasse wrote: »
    Will he? The English guy beat him last year (though on count back). Closely matched I'd say.

A lot has changed in a year.

Nevin will be around 8/11 I'd imagine. Looks a far classier article

What are Michaels chances tonight guys do ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Campbell is not fool guys. He will have home support too even though im sure Nevin wont be short on support either.

Nevin can win, but if you honestly think that Olympic final is going to be cake walk then think again.

Wow.

The BBC host was just veyr complementary towards PAddy Barnes and Amir Khan just said he thought Barnes won!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

recyclebin wrote: »
    Knock, knock, knockin' on Nevin's door.

:D:D:D

There's always one!:p

leahyl wrote: »
    What are Michaels chances tonight guys do ye think?

He is underdog alright. Having got pretty much every predication right so far;) im going to say he can win it. He is going to have seen Nevin beat one Cuban and im sure he will want to do the same.

He has got his medal so he has nothing to fear now.

Campbell is not fool guys. He will have home support too even though im sure Nevin wont be short on support either.

Nevin can win, but if you honestly think that Olympic final is going to be cake walk then think again.

It won't be

But Nevin has better feet and speed and should have enough. Campbell has more power though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Wow.

The BBC host was just veyr complementary towards PAddy Barnes and Amir Khan just said he thought Barnes won!
    And he said ''one thing about the Irish is that they can make noise.''

Wow.

It def looked like he won that last round by a bigger margin but that's life I guess :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Wow.

You sound surprised!! The BBC have been supportive toward every Irish athlete right since the opening ceremony...

blueser wrote: »
    Wow.

And he said ''one thing about the Irish is that they can make noise.''

"one thing about the Irish is they sing at the drop of a hat, ask them to talk and they won't" :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

Wow.

I wouldnt be surprised if the BBC campaign for Irish medalists to be included in the British medal parade in London in September the way they have been supporting Irish boxers! I always thought they were the British national broadcaster - RTE have gone firmly up in my opinions these games for actually showing faith in their own athletes first and foremost. Something the BBC need to learn from.

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    It won't be

But Nevin has better feet and speed and should have enough. Campbell has more power though

Yes its Olympic final and this kid has done the same thing as Nevin to get here in beating top boxers.

I rather be in camp Nevin as I think he is better, but its not going to beat just as simple as collecting the medal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Campbell beat Nevin on countback in the World Championships.

Nevin has looked excellent this tournament though.

bwatson wrote: »
    Wow.

I wouldnt be surprised if the BBC campaign for Irish medalists to be included in the British medal parade in London in September the way they have been supporting Irish boxers!

Nah it's grand we'll have our own here :-)

I wouldnt be surprised if the BBC campaign for Irish medalists to be included in the British medal parade in London in September the way they have been supporting Irish boxers!
    You've rumbled them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,376 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

steve9859 wrote: »
    You sound surprised!! The BBC have been supportive toward every Irish athlete right since the opening ceremony...

Except Gabby Logan, she's a patronising a*sehole. Wonder does she still polish her olympic gym medal? Oh wait.........

steve9859 wrote: »

Not so much surprised - I merely think its worth pointing out because about once every 5 pages we get people on trolling about Irish people supporting English athletes.

I'm merely innoculating the thread against such things :)

The way its going there wouldnt be enough room on the British open top bus for the Irish lads and lasses anyway ;) I must say though, as lovely as it is that the BBC want to show support I find it sad they do it at the expense of their own athletes!

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Except Gabby Logan, she's a patronising a*sehole. Wonder does she still polish her olympic gym medal? Oh wait.........
    Really? I didn't notice anything particularly anti-Irish about her. She's a p*** poor presenter, certainly.

But she's better looking than John Inverdale and Bill O'Herlihy!

The way its going there wouldnt be enough room on the British open top bus for the Irish lads and lasses anyway ;)

I know but it's irrelevant - they wouldnt want to be part of that parade anyway because they're not British ;-)

I wouldnt be surprised if the BBC campaign for Irish medalists to be included in the British medal parade in London in September the way they have been supporting Irish boxers! I always thought they were the British national broadcaster - RTE have gone firmly up in my opinions these games for actually showing faith in their own athletes first and foremost. Something the BBC need to learn from.

I would be surprised....Brits have won a few medals of their own, including the first ever female boxing gold, in case you haven't noticed!

The way its going there wouldnt be enough room on the British open top bus for the Irish lads and lasses anyway ;) I must say though, as lovely as it is that the BBC want to show support I find it sad they do it at the expense of their own athletes!

Have you not noticed the BBC 'team GB' love in going on??!

I know but it's irrelevant - they wouldnt want to be part of that parade anyway because they're not British ;-)

Oh, you have read me wrong. I don't think will take part and neither do I have any desire for them to. I was simply joking. I'm sure there will be more than enough support on their return to Dublin anyway! I'm simply commenting on the clearly confused outlook of the BBC.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement