Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 MegaThread [Part 2]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Holy **** , did you all see what just happened on the red button feed. That was amazing. No way will they ever show that again. Talk about something you have to see before you die.

Am sure it will be on youtube soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

irish-stew wrote: »
    leahyl wrote: »
    I think opinion guy should get the boards Olympics personality of the year for his uniqueness in being the only one on here not to have the red button :-P

I only have it because I went home for the weekend.

:D

Ah yes, home is where the red button is:-P

Holy **** , did you all see what just happened on the red button feed. That was amazing. No way will they ever show that again. Talk about something you have to see before you die.

Its being repeated again if you select Basketball.

;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I don't have a red button either - in fact, I only have RTE 1 and 2.

So I get Timmy (DOWWNTOWWN) and Jimmy (Her head the same size as it was as a child) and Bill (Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.)

I rely on this thread to tell me what's going on.

I don't know, it's so exclusive I don't think even YouTube will get the rights to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Don't worry opinion guy. If you work hard, you should be within an asses roar of having the red button for Rio 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Why did rte just do their final wrap up of theri athletics coverage ?!?!? Isn't there the marathon tmro ??

By the way - was the mountain biking any good ? I totally missed it

It was only the women today. French girl Bresset won it clear. Team GB in 8th. It's a good course. The men on tomorrow at 1.30pm, should be fast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm gonna miss The Olympics and this thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No chance. Never mind super injunctions. There is mega tonnage of paperwork to go in to the hyper injunctions on this one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was it more wet T shirts?

kfallon wrote: »

We'll keep it going for the Paralympics at the end of the month. Off work for most of it and nothing planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Malari wrote: »
    It was only the women today. French girl Bresset won it clear. Team GB in 8th. It's a good course. The men on tomorrow at 1.30pm, should be fast!

I watched a bit and found it pretty boring. Not a patch on the BMX :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Silverfish wrote: »
    So I get Timmy (DOWWNTOWWN) and Jimmy (Her head the same size as it was as a child) and Bill (Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.)

Timmy is awesome though.
    Yes Bills robotic laughter is grating

I don't have a red button either - in fact, I only have RTE 1 and 2.

I rely on this thread to tell me what's going on.

A dog just ran on the basketball court. And scored a slam dunk. From "down-town".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Still don't get why the posters without red button didn't just use the Eurovision site. You are posting here so you clearly have the internet (i'll forgive you are outside the EBU area or in a part of Ireland with super slow broadband).

• Advertisement

Me too! Can't believe tomorrows the last day! It's been a pretty incredible games! So many stars - Katie, John Joe, Paddy, Michael, Rob, Annalise, Mo, Jessica, Chris, Phelps and of course Bolt and his team mates! I never thought I'd enjoy it so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

But....but.....we don't have red buttons!!!!!
    Peasant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Some games for Alison Felix. Golds in the 100m relay, 200m individual and 400m relay. Beautiful to watch too. It's a tough call between her and Anna Chicherova from tonight's high jump for most elegant athlete of the games.

We should keep it going with imaginary events among ourselves.

opinion guy wins gold in "antiquing"

leahyl wins silver for "inappropriate use of smileys in a post"

Shryke qualifies for the "After Hours pentathlon" final.

Deb Dynamite takes silver for "best avatar"

I'd say Timmy hates commentating on the women's basktball. There's never any slam dunks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I don't have the red button either but I use the eurovision website for the events not on tv :).

Did anyone see the chinese guy crying at getting a silver medal? but Tom winning the bronze medal jumped into the pool with joy. It's crazy the guy was crying over that silver is still good.

keith16 wrote: »

We should keep it going with imaginary events among ourselves.

leahyl wins silver for "inappropriate use of smileys in a post"

???! Explain!

I'd say Timmy hates commentating on the women's basktball. There's never any slam dunks.

No, I'd say the guy commentating with him has him sedated.

I thought the RTE roundup which had him commentating on the dressage was hilarious though.

el diablo wrote: »
    Jaysus, they even have it in Mayo. :eek:
    Well; I thought I may as well, seeing as we got the electric in at easter time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I don't have the red button either but I use the eurovision website for the events not on tv :).

Did anyone see the chinese guy crying at getting a silver medal? but Tom winning the bronze medal jumped into the pool with joy. It's crazy the guy was crying over that silver is still good.
    The Chinese guy wad crying because he knew his family were all "dissapeared" as soon as three results came up

???! Explain!

Well your last post doesn't have a "smiley" in it. I rest my case :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Is it sad that I've set a reminder on my phone for the men's basketball final tomorrow? Timmy time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

No, I'd say the guy commentating with him has him sedated.

I thought the RTE roundup which had him commentating on the dressage was hilarious though.
    :eek::eek:
    Didn't see that - sounds hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

But....but.....we don't have red buttons!!!!!
    blueser wrote: »
    Peasant!

Jaysus, they even have it in Mayo. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

David Beckhams on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Chinese are programmed to win. They expected a clean sweep of the golds at the diving and anything short of that would be considered failure.

Oh, you should press the red button.

???! Explain!

Well your last post doesn't have a "smiley" in it. I rest my case :pac:

Inappropriate isn't the word - I think you mean excessive! :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I fucking love the red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

David Beckhams on again.

Big smiley head on him. Never misses a photo op.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Buttons.

er....red button?

Nah it was actually hilarious, the funniest thing RTE have done. They just overlaid some of his commentary on the dressage and diving. But it was very funny.

Their other "funnies" were the usual fair....laughing at "Destinee Hooker" and there was a squirrel or something on the walking track.

I thought Tom had gotten silver at first because he was in the pool celebrating and the chinese guy was crying.

Silver is still great he shouldn't be too hard on himself. Everyone wants the gold , and he only missed out by a few points. I don't know how he would've reacted if he'd gotten the bronze.

er....red button?

Nah it was actually hilarious, the funniest thing RTE have done. They just overlaid some of his commentary on the dressage and diving. But it was very funny.

Their other "funnies" were the usual fair....laughing at "Destinee Hooker" and there was a squirrel or something on the walking track.

There was a vid of Timmy commentating on the Katie Taylor final. The DOOOWNTOOOWN moment was Katie hitting the deck that time. Link seems to be broken now though :(

• Advertisement

David Beckhams on again.
    Media whore. Er; him, not you! Surprised Posh isn't there with him.

:(

Yes, it was pretty lame alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I thought Tom had gotten silver at first because he was in the pool celebrating and the chinese guy was crying.

Silver is still great he shouldn't be too hard on himself. Everyone wants the gold , and he only missed out by a few points. I don't know how he would've reacted if he'd gotten the gold.

Apparently athletes who get bronze are more content than athletes who get silver. Silver medallists tend to focus on the gold that could have been, whereas bronze winners look back at those behind them who got nothing and feel relief not be in that position.

Usain Bolts manager is an Irish guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

This thing on RTE now is just highlighting the fact they haven't been getting interviews with anyone for the whole Olympics...

Mens Marathon, Mountain biking, and of course the Closing Ceremony for me tomorrow.

Holding off till late tomorrow night before heading off for work on Monday morning so I can watch it on the Red Button.

• Advertisement

Any Oirish participation tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

el diablo wrote: »
    Any Oirish participation tomorrow?

One in the mens marathon and one in the womens modern pentathlon

One in the mens marathon and one in the womens modern pentathlon

Any chance of a medal or no-hopers?

Apparently athletes who get bronze are more content than athletes who get silver. Silver medallists tend to focus on the gold that could have been, whereas bronze winners look back at those behind them who got nothing and feel relief not be in that position.

It was amazing the way Tom celebrated . I wonder if he'll get the gold in the next olympics or the chinese guy will probably be trying for the gold next time.
    the silver medalists should feel just as happy at that next time they're in a good position to get the gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

1 day left, just one day of easilly the best games ever for everything, fair play to London.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement