Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 MegaThread [Part 2]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

blueser wrote: »
    Gabby looking very tidy this afternoon. Another button two please Gabs!

Yes. Very revealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whats the disincentive to fouling in basketball? USA were going to score there so Spain foul them. Even if you get sent off you get to bring someone else on dont you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Whats the disincentive to fouling in basketball? USA were going to score there so Spain foul them. Even if you get sent off you get to bring someone else on dont you?

The USA guy missed, then he was fouled and got 3 free shots. If he had have scored, and got fouled in the process, he gets the original score plus the free shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The USA guy missed, then he was fouled and got 3 free shots. If he had have scored, and got fouled in the process, he gets the original score plus the free shots

It was a stupid foul to commit basically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Must be hard to be still competing. By the time you've finished, they willl be pretty much starting to dismantle the venues and everyone getting ready to go home. Meanwhile all your teammates have been boozing it up in China Whites all week. Must be an awful anticlimax...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

...hehe.....just in case you were missing Timmy Mac ;)

It was a stupid foul to commit basically

Well in the end it worked out because the only conceded 2

Look RTE, I know boxing is our most successful event, both this year and in our history of the games. But its the last day, theres currently 4 live events on, one of which invloves one of our own, and yet you still show highlights.

<Switches back to the BBC>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The fella who announces the winner in the boxing sounds the very same as Boycie.

• Advertisement

They were making a break after Spain missed a shot and were fouled well inside their own half.Think the spanish fouled under their own basket again on the next attack though, which might be the one you were talking about.

steve9859 wrote: »
    Must be hard to be still competing. By the time you've finished, they willl be pretty much starting to dismantle the venues and everyone getting ready to go home. Meanwhile all your teammates have been boozing it up in China Whites all week. Must be an awful anticlimax...

The swimmers have the best time of it. No events since last saturday bar the Marathon events on thursday and friday. Most have probably been living it up, and shagging all around them most of the week, and still one night to go.

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

"Eyebrows were first raised last Wednesday when Azerbaijan fought Japan.

The Azeri bantamweight Magomed Abdulhamidov won the match despite going down six times in the final round.

After an appeal by Japan the decision was overturned. The boxer from Azerbaijan was out, the Japanese fighter reinstated and the referee was on the next plane home to Turkmenistan. "

How did I miss that fight?
    Here's the final round of that fight.
    The last minute and a half is an absolute joke. The Azerbaijani fighter goes down 5 times and isn't given a single count.

They were making a break after Spain missed a shot and were fouled well inside their own half.Think the spanish fouled under their own basket again on the next attack though, which might be the one you were talking about.

Oh right I know the incident you mean. You can accumulate fouls and get sent off afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

RTE seem to have some mistaken belief that high ratings for Irish boxers fights = huge viewer interest in Ireland for boxing matches between random Cubans and Japanese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

RTE seem to have some mistaken belief that high ratings for Irish boxers fights = huge viewer interest in Ireland for boxing matches between random Cubans and Japanese.

I think the fights they are showing now are repeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The men's basketball final is (was?) on, it's a joke if those fights are repeats. Lawds I wish I had BBC...

Oh, Jess.......

And Viccy.

<swoons>

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Natalya Coyle 11th overall in the pentathlon after finishing 5th in the riding. Combined shooting and running should be on soon.

Namlub wrote: »
    The men's basketball final is (was?) on, it's a joke if those fights are repeats. Lawds I wish I had BBC...

Its just over

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    And Viccy.

<swoons>

Hmmmm....cuts both ways. My GF sitting here swooning over Peter Reed...

After much deliberation, Victoria Pentleton is the outright winner of the competition to see who gets to have a threesome with me and Jessica Ennis. Thanks to all those who took part, better luck next time.

Just finished. Wont ruin the result for you. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Natalya Coyle will start 30 seconds behind the leader in the Modern Pentathlon in joint 10th place. Slim chance of a medal possibly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I guess their attitude was that the only live events today were frankly weird sports that no-one is interested in, like volleyball, basketball and handball, so boxing repeats were more likely to entrall the nation. Shower of clowns.

Waterpolo on the beeb now between Modern Petatalon events. Expect some rough stuff.

There are. And will probably be repeated again before the day is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Gee fair play to Spain putting it up to a star studded US side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Natalya Coyle 11th overall in the pentathlon after finishing 5th in the riding. Combined shooting and running should be on soon.

Could be in with a shot.
    The modern pentahlon is my new fave olympic sport. It has everything. I think the last round of running and shooting must be incredibly tough on the athletes
    Is Natalya Coyle in the army?

Hmmmm....cuts both ways. My GF sitting here swooning over Peter Reed...

:eek:

peterreidepa1201337c.jpg

Maybe I googled wrong...........

:)

lol BBC3 presenter jsut read out tweet they got 'France successufully defend handball title won by Theiry Henry against Ireland"

• Advertisement

Just finished. Wont ruin the result for you. :)

Think I can guess who won though :p RTE better show it soon, ugh.

Jess Ennis not a patch on Peddleton in my honest, humble and probably controversial opinion!

panda100 wrote: »
    The modern pentahlon is my new fave olympic sport. It has everything.

Not enough lasers for me :(

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Jess Ennis not a patch on Peddleton in my honest, humble and probably controversial opinion!

Blasphemer!!!

They both have very redeeming qualities. I certainly wouldn't kick either out of the bed for farting or eating crisps.

Blasphemer!!!

There's just something about Vicky. As James Corden "Smithy" said she's got "it". Not sure what IT is but she just has it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I would sacrifice myself on either of their altars, to be frank.

As Albert Reynolds might say; ''That's RTE for ya''.

panda100 wrote: »
    Is Natalya Coyle in the army?

Nope

http://www.london2012.com/athlete/coyle-natalya-1065564/

• Advertisement

There's just something about Vicky. As James Corden "Smithy" said she's got "it". Not sure what IT is but she just has it :D

Wonder if this is what 'it' is.

Here's the final round of that fight.
    The last minute and a half is an absolute joke. The Azerbaijani fighter goes down 5 times and isn't given a single count.

Jesus Christ.
    That was dangerous even - your man could have been seriously hurt. The ref needs to not be a boxing ref anymore

What; no Kerri Ann Payne?

:(

If 'it' involves a tiger suit and a bowler hat, I completely agree....

peterreidepa1201337c.jpg

Maybe I googled wrong...........

:)

I'm pretty sure she means the guy playing the broom in the deckchair. And I hope to God I'm right.....

RTE now showing the basketball final featuring Timmy Mac on commentary.

Hmmm.....do I watch this gain or go back to the lovely ladies of rhythmic gynmastics ?? Choice choices

'Carmelo's popping, the ball is dropping' Ahahaha

• Advertisement

RTE now showing the basketball final featuring Timmy Mac on commentary.

Hmmm.....do I watch this gain or go back to the lovely ladies of rhythmic gynmastics ?? Choice choices

What a stupid question!

Even worse than my earlier one. You know you want to watch BBC3.

:p

Pau Gasol is 7 foot o_O

More boxing? They're taking the piss, I was well into the basketball.

More boxing? They're taking the piss, I was well into the basketball.

WHAT !?!?!? THey;ve cut from the bball to boxing AGAIN ?!?!?!?

Yup, can't remember if it's an interview with Nevin or Barnes. No disrespect, but I think between them and the panelists, there isn't anything left to say at this point...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement