Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online issue's with FiFA 12..need some help

Options
  • 10-08-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Basically the problem relates to UT and slow sluggish gameplay,i have 120mb broadband and from what i can see all the right ports open but still end up with 80% of my games not playing right.

I'm using the new Cisco EPC3925 that UPC gave me..any help to fix this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Basically the problem relates to UT and slow sluggish gameplay,i have 120mb broadband and from what i can see all the right ports open but still end up with 80% of my games not playing right.

I'm using the new Cisco EPC3925 that UPC gave me..any help to fix this would be appreciated.

its not you mate its their servers
    their absolutly crap

only ea game ive played was fifa and every year its the same thing with their servers
    once their game is sold they dont care they begin working on the next fifa

its not your internet
    its them
    my internet is the best one you can get in ireland at the moment and still it lags only on fifa
    i get random kicks from games online and i get the loss and the other guy gets the win, same vice-versa i get a win and other guy loses then i get accused of lagging him out( although some people do lag glitchs in the game ) so its impossible to tell whos fault it is then

but again i just blame fifa
    they have a horrible record for keeping up server maintance
    and yet i still buy fifa every year haha

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stephen2022

saiint wrote: »
    its not you mate its their servers
    their absolutly crap

only ea game ive played was fifa and every year its the same thing with their servers
    once their game is sold they dont care they begin working on the next fifa

its not your internet
    its them
    my internet is the best one you can get in ireland at the moment and still it lags only on fifa
    i get random kicks from games online and i get the loss and the other guy gets the win, same vice-versa i get a win and other guy loses then i get accused of lagging him out( although some people do lag glitchs in the game ) so its impossible to tell whos fault it is then

but again i just blame fifa
    they have a horrible record for keeping up server maintance
    and yet i still buy fifa every year haha

Thanks for replying...

I do some mod stuff fro EA so i know how bad there servers can be but i'm convinced that part of the problem is down to UPC because if it was just the servers then a lot more people would be having the problem i'm having.

In the games where i get the slow sluggish play my opponent doesn't and that is the same when i'm the home and away team and the fact that it has gotten worse since they swapped the Thompson router for the new Cisco one just shows that they must be at fault somewhere,i have also noticed that i have a few problems downloading movies and also cant set a manual IP address in my Xbox settings since i got the new router.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Thanks for replying...

I do some mod stuff fro EA so i know how bad there servers can be but i'm convinced that part of the problem is down to UPC because if it was just the servers then a lot more people would be having the problem i'm having.

In the games where i get the slow sluggish play my opponent doesn't and that is the same when i'm the home and away team and the fact that it has gotten worse since they swapped the Thompson router for the new Cisco one just shows that they must be at fault somewhere,i have also noticed that i have a few problems downloading movies and also cant set a manual IP address in my Xbox settings since i got the new router.

turn off the firewall on your router ( i dont know the upc ip address to your router it should be on the back of the router )
    turn it off
    manually open the fifa ports

portforward.com
    you get the codes their

then it should work

i hate upc, i find them slow, reason i switched

their a great service and cheap but after a few months its like your connection gets worse and worse ha

saiint wrote: »
    turn off the firewall on your router ( i dont know the upc ip address to your router it should be on the back of the router )
    turn it off
    manually open the fifa ports

portforward.com
    you get the codes their

then it should work

i hate upc, i find them slow, reason i switched

their a great service and cheap but after a few months its like your connection gets worse and worse ha

Thanks for replying

All of what you said is already done and still get delayed reactions in nearly every game...

Problem with living outside of Dublin or other big cities is that UPC are the only option for any sort of decent speeds,any company that has to use Eircoms lines can only give me 7-8MB but if this keeps up i might just change anyway to see is there any difference in gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Does it lag the same way if you play a pro ranked match?

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    Does it lag the same way if you play a pro ranked match?

Only plat UT now but used to have similar trouble with H2H and some pro games but i think everyone has trouble with pro games

Advertisement