Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Options
  • 10-08-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭

So I've been asked by Kurama Tengu to hold an Irish qualifier for this event.

We have four spots in the tournament up for grabs, two for AE and two for SFxT (winner and runner up respectively).

We have 1 spot for 3rd strike and HDR classic each.

I believe the site for this event is http://elyum-studio.com/wgcfr/?p=1999 but it's blocked in work, so if not I'll update it when I get home and put more details in this post.

Looking to run this in late September before most colleges start back.

It will be SBO style qualifiers, so essentially fund raisers. Flights to Paris* aren't too expensive with Ryanair at that time of the year and there should be plenty of cheap accommodation too.

I have an official logo pack too for promotion which I'll post when I can.

So, who's interested?

*many miles outside of Paris.

EXTRA INFORMATION:

25thschedule-new.jpg

New Entry Fees for the 25th Series - Irish Qualifier

Venue Entry : €3
    Single Tournament Entry : €10
    SuperCombo Deal (Any 4 Tournaments) : €30
    UltraCombo Deal (Any 6 Tournaments) : €40

The Event is being held at The Exchange, on 6th Oct from 10am until 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

id love to win this

Im In!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pot monster, putting my name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Does the link work?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Does the link work?
    Yes. It's even in French & English.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In. obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eldready

Mmh...as a french who will be in Ireland (for almost a year) I guess I can't participate to this qualifier ?
    Bad timing for me, my regional qualifiers in Brittany take place a couple of day after my departure...:pac:

If you live here you're more than welcome to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Just send hound and ladno!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

joconnell wrote:
    Someone obviously didn't see this :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

He was lulling him into a false sense of security.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

joconnell wrote: »

i agree on this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Count me in for running/yelling/organising and whatnot. Soon as you get a solid date i'll book it off work and i'm all yours. :)

Soon as you get a solid date i'll book it off work and i'm all yours. :)

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

This is exactly the sort of thing I like to make the effort for. I may be gigging with the Wedding Band is the only thing but excepting that, I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

So, looks like I'll be running this one. :) Volunteers welcome etc but I'll start a new post re that in a bit.

Wanna ask the greater audience about venue for this if I can. Previously we have used Trinners, the exchange and the XGC for tournaments (albeit the XGC is more a casuals location imho). Each have their good points and bad. I was thinking that I might be able to get a venue on campus at NUI Maynooth where we could make the event a larger thing that has not only the Capcom games but also a load of other tournies on the day including the 3d ones. I might be able to get a place on campus that could cater for a large group. Could we get enough people to man up with equipment, commitment to go to run an event with the usual games + MK9, KofXIII, SCV, T6, skullgirls, 3s, ... add infinitum to whatever we could manage with setups (hence the commitment part). I am not sure if we could get everyone interested but we have been asked to do this and we are getting seed places from this event for the Capcom game (tbc which ones) ..... really think we should pull out all the stops.

I am not saying I have this booked or we have to do this btw, just want to gauge if people would be willing to try? Its also a work connection I have and I will only use it if people think its a good idea and everyone will go the 30 mins outside Dublin. I am not even 100% on the rate but I am sure I can get it for less than anywhere in Dublin. We can use the exchange but we won't be able to stream and given the scope on this online we could use the stream to promote our scene somewhat. I am not sure if that is the case but I don't think it could hurt. This is why I am suggesting Maynooth. Fibre connection and all - with multiple power sockets.....

Anyway, if this is not something we can do (cause it would be a fairly mammoth task) we can do it in the usual way.... I personally prefer to try the other but I live 5 mins from Maynooth so I would :cool: Post up. Be heard, no point saying afterwards, yeh I WOULD have gone.
    Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Yeah I think that's a good plan AJ, obviously if i'm available i'll be there and helping out and stuff. I think the event in trinity really helped the FGCs image cause it looked so professional and ran so well, we should defo do it again. Maynooth would be worth the 30 min outside dublin if we can get a really great venue at a reasonable price, and be able to stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I can understand the reasons for considering Maynooth but as someone facing a trek down from Belfast for the tournament I feel the benefits don't really outweigh the hassle of extra travel to and from Maynooth. Just a personal opinion from someone outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Trinity venue was amazing, would be great if this was held there. It's also quite convenient for those traveling outside dublin imo

• Advertisement

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Trinity venue was amazing, would be great if this was held there

It had its problems and was expensive. Can't see that being viable again.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Without dates, I really can't comment too much but travel may actually be easier from up North to Maynooth because you can actually drive there (you can't drive to Dublin. Don't even bother). If I'm off and driving, it'll probably still be quite difficult for me to get down early but I do have a 360, PS3, PC, monitors (some ****e but I've ordered an Asus 21.5" VE228T which should be here some time next week, if not sooner), sound equipment, a PVR...

Really not keen on bringing stuff on the train but I'd love to see bigger events over here and if I can help, and I'm not gigging (need dates), I'd be all for it.

blag wrote: »
    I can understand the reasons for considering Maynooth but as someone facing a trek down from Belfast for the tournament I feel the benefits don't really outweigh the hassle of extra travel to and from Maynooth. Just a personal opinion from someone outside Dublin.

It's about half an hour or so to Maynooth from Connolly, which is where your train would be arriving in Dublin anyway, so I don't think the slight extra travel would be too much, but knowing Irish Rail, it probably costs a small fortune because it's inter-county.

Was Roogle the only one of you lot who drove? Would it not be easier/cheaper to carpool?

Personally, I'm all for Maynooth if the Northern (anywhere outside of Dublin really) lads can make it.

It's about half an hour or so to Maynooth from Connolly, which is where your train would be arriving in Dublin anyway, so I don't think the slight extra travel would be too much, but knowing Irish Rail, it probably costs a small fortune because it's inter-county.

Was Roogle the only one of you lot who drove? Would it not be easier/cheaper to carpool?

Its not expensive at all. Its like 3 euro or similar from Connelly to Maynooth.

In fact, it might even technically be easier to get to Maynooth than the exchange as if the lads got the train down they'd just have to walk around the corner in Connolly Station and get onto the arrow to maynooth, 30 mins, comfy, about 3.50 if I recall.

I'm not convinced this is a great idea yet but I certainly don't think it's a bad one. It'd be cheaper so crucially we could run more tournies and have more casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

You also have to factor in travel time to and from, with the first/last trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Going to Maynooth would mean having to get either a 6:50am or an 8am train (assuming a start time of around midday). Too early for me!

I don't want to be someone sh***ing on plans but unless it's in Dublin I don't think it's fair on everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I don't think Maynooth sounds like a great location for this event either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ayjayirl wrote: »
    So, looks like I'll be running this one. :) Volunteers welcome etc but I'll start a new post re that in a bit.

Wanna ask the greater audience about venue for this if I can. Previously we have used Trinners, the exchange and the XGC for tournaments (albeit the XGC is more a casuals location imho). Each have their good points and bad. I was thinking that I might be able to get a venue on campus at NUI Maynooth where we could make the event a larger thing that has not only the Capcom games but also a load of other tournies on the day including the 3d ones. I might be able to get a place on campus that could cater for a large group. Could we get enough people to man up with equipment, commitment to go to run an event with the usual games + MK9, KofXIII, SCV, T6, skullgirls, 3s, ... add infinitum to whatever we could manage with setups (hence the commitment part). I am not sure if we could get everyone interested but we have been asked to do this and we are getting seed places from this event for the Capcom game (tbc which ones) ..... really think we should pull out all the stops.

I am not saying I have this booked or we have to do this btw, just want to gauge if people would be willing to try? Its also a work connection I have and I will only use it if people think its a good idea and everyone will go the 30 mins outside Dublin. I am not even 100% on the rate but I am sure I can get it for less than anywhere in Dublin. We can use the exchange but we won't be able to stream and given the scope on this online we could use the stream to promote our scene somewhat. I am not sure if that is the case but I don't think it could hurt. This is why I am suggesting Maynooth. Fibre connection and all - with multiple power sockets.....

Anyway, if this is not something we can do (cause it would be a fairly mammoth task) we can do it in the usual way.... I personally prefer to try the other but I live 5 mins from Maynooth so I would :cool: Post up. Be heard, no point saying afterwards, yeh I WOULD have gone.
    Aj

Thanks for volunteering to run this man and I do hope you get thecrowd you deserve.

Personally, I'd rather it to be in Dublin as waiting/taking extra buses is going to add a significant amount of time to anyone outside of Dublin.

I'm just curious as to the cons of running it in Trinity?

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm just curious as to the cons of running it in Trinity?

Well from my perspective, there was severe problems with power first and foremost.

The internet wasn't up to what we needed for a stream.

And it cost money :D

Advertisement