Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ggs everyone, stay free to team D4RK people

ggs Marvel 2/3:pac:

Was well played today Onion, Myself and Doyler played like twats near the end, I exposed myself quite heavely shutting off upstairs during our last match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Kinda pissed with myself for being so free all day but GGs anyway, no bad feelings (well, not much... goddamn kangaroo :pac:).

TBH I hated the exchange as a venue but I know it wasn't the first choice and you guys did as well as you could with it. Being able to move my elbows from time to time would've been a sweet bonus though. :p

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Fair play to Zeus for organising the event. Glad to see somone in that house isn't completely useless.

Lol at washed up Hobocog.
    Rofl at Juns low integrity emo hair.
    Boo to Blag counter picking in ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Good luck in Paris lads. GGs to all I played, good to see old and new faces. Event ran very smoothly I felt, well done AJ/Rach/Doom/all the TOs/everybody else who helped out and brought equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Had a lot of fun yesterday, thought the whole thing great. Was good to get back to a Dublin tournament after a year. I've never left a tournament feeling less annoyed at losing:pac:

Had lots of fun matches, ggs Azza, Hound, Stev0, Cork Fei Long (can't remember name), was good to see everyone again.
    Good luck to everyone going to Paris, there's definite potential for people to qualify for the main event in San Francisco.

Also, I think it might be the first tournament in years when I haven't played Doom, long may that continue!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Really fun day. Hope the five spot winners can all make it to Paris.

SFxT was mad hype.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

SFxT was mad hype.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'd rather forget about that >_>

Azza wrote: »
    What?

It was.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

ggs to everyone i will hopefully be back next time and do a little better :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

lLCIS.jpg

5KClg.jpg

Will snap more next time.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

5KClg.jpg

Will snap more next time.

Ah here
    Only 4 culprits to this hogwash

...this looks like Doyler's or Lee's hand writing

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

5KClg.jpg

Viewtiful!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Speaking of pro-scrubs, Lee have you broken the bad news to your fanbois yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was thinking after the tournament that I hoped someone would snap a pic of the bullsh1ttery that was written on that chalkboard. It amused me each time I went in to use the Major Jackson Briggs. Good stuff :D

Speaking of pro-scrubs, Lee have you broken the bad news to your fanbois yet?

Yup.

Then they said "aw, that's too bad" and checked out the previous two tournaments before that.

Lythero wrote: »
    Yup.

Then they said "aw, that's too bad" and checked out the previous two tournaments before that.

Living in the past, I wouldn't start that. When's the comeback tour?

Living in the past

Says the Vanilla She-Hulk, Tron and Wolverine mvc3 player?

Been living in the past since Ultimates release:pac::P

Living in the past

There was a new Capture Card waiting in the letterbox when I got home:

Right now all I can do is look forward! Look forward to Eirtakon that is ;D

By the way, Doom, if you're seeing this you should definitely consider the Elgato HD card if you get the spare monies. It comes with a lead to conveniently record PS3 footage and the box has a HDMI output so you just plug it into a tv without any latency or splitters. Haven't tested it on PS3 yet, but so far this device is bloody genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Sorry for not showing up. Had some personal circumstances. Hope everything went well! And good luck to the victors going to play in France!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

First of all great day, thanks to everyone who helped make it a success, I feel there's lessons to be learned from yesterday for anyone who wants to run tournaments (speaker for announcements + mike worked great, promotion was good enough that people from England hopped over).

The tournaments all ran smooth as silk so thanks to everyone who did one of them, thanks to the several people including Misty who showed up early to set up, thanks to Lythero, arcadeandretro.com/hitstartnow.weebly.com, Sabre and everyone else who helped on the media/ promotion end of things.

Also thank you to everyone who showed up, it was very heartening after the poor show out for the evo event to see a show of force. It was awesome to see so many old faces and so many new.

It was also great to see Tekken show well again, we should try and build on that. Power's in your hands and all that.

Apologies to the MK and TTT2 lads, dunno what was going wrong with the recording set up. I think it was a bust hdmi to component converter I was using to strip the HDCP encoding on the PS3 games. I'll have a proper set of tests done before the next tourney. It was also weird how the PVR2 seemed to randomly dislike some HDMI cables.

It might be a couple of days before you see vids up for the tournaments, apologies for that. It's to do with the impending partnership.

Also, you mightn't realise this but AJ had been really, really sick for the last couple of days before the tournament so especially big thanks to him for holding it together.

Finally, we should all thank Zeus who blessed the day with his presence. The dark lord was pleased.

I all seriousness though, well done to all the marvel players who came and showed that Ireland is definitely not free in UMvC3. It was a pleasure to see almost every big Marvel player there and to finally see them all in a tournament. Congrats to Dark Talent for taking the tourney, and ggs to him, Nutrient, Doyler and Stephen Clark.

Bracket is here btw, don't think it was mentioned yet.

Really looking forward to the videos and the promotion we can get off this in Paris.

I all seriousness though, well done to all the marvel players who came and showed that Ireland is definitely not free in UMvC3. It was a pleasure to see almost every big Marvel player there and to finally see them all in a tournament. Congrats to Dark Talent for taking the tourney, and ggs to him, Nutrient, Doyler and Stephen Clark.

Bracket is here btw, don't think it was mentioned yet.

Really looking forward to the videos and the promotion we can get off this in Paris.

Only problem being Marvel is not one of the SF25 games.

Anyone got the link to the challonge bracket for AE?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Anyone got the link to the challonge bracket for AE?
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    no stream lads I'm afraid.

http://challonge.com/ssf4aefgcirl

:pac:

Only problem being Marvel is not one of the SF25 games.

Sorry, should have made that clearer. I meant I hope all the people we send for the SF25 games blow that sh*t up in Paris!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Here is a more expanded post as I was really tired and pretty hungover yesterday. I would have met up with you guys but Doyler sent me a text saying you had pretty much all bailed at that point from being too tired :pac: ( Fortunately, I had went with Mackg to the After Hours beers so I stayed there. )

Firstly, needless to be said, thanks for such a good day - well done to AJ, Doom and co for organizing everything and ensuring things all went smoothly, glad to have helped put the place together when I arrived.

Unfortunately, I didn't record any interviews because the day was simply to busy. If things were less chaotic, I would have. Luck of the draw, I guess.

GGs to everyone I played during the day, in whatever game I played you in, be it SFxT, 3s, ST or AE.

Congrats to all the winners, some of those matches went down to the wire and were pretty tense. Good luck to those who are going to Paris to hopefully blow sh!t up, do us proud!

That was more than likely my last Dublin tournament before I go to Australia so if any of you want to play me again before I leave, you're all gonna have to come down to Tempest.

And finally, a special shout out to Zeus - who made the day all the more awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm back in Ireland now, still gutted I couldn't attend this.

Gratz on the day AJ, it sounds like it went really well!

I am eagerly looking forward to consuming all media related to this: Videos, Pictures, Text write ups. Everything!

Hang on..... I missed meeting Zeus? Well God Damn....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Anyone have Cobelcog's number/email? If anyone is speaking to him, ask him to pm me.
    Aj

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm back in Ireland now, still gutted I couldn't attend this.

Gratz on the day AJ, it sounds like it went really well!

I am eagerly looking forward to consuming all media related to this: Videos, Pictures, Text write ups. Everything!

Hang on..... I missed meeting Zeus? Well God Damn....

Vids should be starting this weekend.

Sorry about missing Zeus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Sorry I missed it too. Back was in such agony on the day that I couldn't make the trip. Sounds like I missed a proper event. Best of luck to the winners in France!

Advertisement