Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just a couple of setups.

Akuma needs to be banned from the HDR classic tournament. This is pretty much tournament standard worldwide. Both classic and HDR Akuma are considered broken.

Are Gems allowed in SFxT? I believe they are normally banned to save time.

Would it not make sense to have Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited as the Tekken comp as its the newest Tekken game and will be out before the tournament is held.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Just a couple of setups.

Akuma needs to be banned from the HDR classic tournament. This is pretty much tournament standard worldwide. Both classic and HDR Akuma are considered broken.

Would it not make sense to have Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited as the Tekken comp as its the newest Tekken game and will be out before the tournament is held.

I'm sure AJ will apply the usual tournament standard rules, it's more he wouldn't know any of that stuff.

But yeah it needs to be written down in case someone shows up planning to use ultimate defense or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Azza wrote: »
    Just a couple of setups.

Usual accepted rules per game on these matters. No waves, my decision final on the day :).

No Gems.

no Wakkers in HDR. just to note - I am not sure if he is banned in Paris. I'll ask.

Tekken will be latest iteration as previously stated. If that is tag, then so be it.

but most importantly..... NO WHITE TRACKSUITS

ayjayirl wrote: »
    no Wakkers in HDR. just to note - I am not sure if he is banned in Paris. I'll ask.

He will be, he's banned everywhere, all the time.

He will be, he's banned everywhere, all the time.

Just got confirmation from Kuramu. (Obviously this is for Paris and we'll be using whatever setup we can)

Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix:
    1. Game version: PlayStation 3
    2. Game Settings: Versus, 99 seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Default Handicap
    3. If the Players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds of the commencement of a game, the game will be set to random stage select.
    4. Players may not use any glitch or bug that prevents the game from being played, including but not limited to bugs causing the game to freeze, reset, remove character from play zone or similar results.
    5. Akuma character is not allowed in any Tournament play.
    6. The top two (2) Players at the Paris Qualifying Tournament of Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix shall be advanced to the Grand Finals. All other Qualifying Tournaments for this Tournament Game shall advance only the Winner.

so, Akuma is banned, the game is played in Classic mode but the EVO rules still stand.

Direct link to the streetfightercup.fr rules & regulations section: http://elyum-studio.com/wgcfr/?page_id=2075

• Advertisement

We could really use a website to register so Ic an get an idea of numbers for each game. Any volunteers. We have the DB and the server - just need someone to put the HTML etc together.

Any takers?

Interesting that they are using the PS3 version of HDR. Its known to have a few bugs. Think even Sirlin himself said the PS3 version shouldn't be used in tournaments. Not sure if the bugs apply only to the remix mode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I believe Gems are allowed in the SF25 tournaments, so no reason not to have them in our qualifier.

I believe Gems are allowed in the SF25 tournaments, so no reason not to have them in our qualifier.

Other than time and there's no way we can allow DLC ones (people can feck off if they think I'm buying a single gem, lol) so we'd have to restrict to the defaults and how exactly do we check that?

Well I can provide a SFxT setup without paid for DLC gems. Just all the default and free DLC gems. Did anyone in the community actually pay for DLC gems.

Also Gill needs to be banned from the 3S tourney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Are you obliged to send someone for every game?

I wouldn't see much point in even bothering with SFxT unless you feel it would really hurt future support. Even then it would certainly compound the "we don't appreciate your bull**** scam games" message. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

ye i'm sure capcom would really sit up and take notice if the Irish didn't send a competitor to the French qualifier tournament

We can use another platform to protest SFxT. I think we should send for SFxT.

Seed positions are 2 for SFxT, 2 for AE, 1 HDR, 1 3S.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    ye i'm sure capcom would really sit up and take notice if the Irish didn't send a competitor to the French qualifier tournament

Capcom wouldn't sit up and take notice if they sat on a handful of rusty nails.

The point was there's little reason to bend over backwards to support a game that deserves to fade into obscurity anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Don't enter it at the qualifier if that's how you feel so. I don't think your posts are very helpful to ayjay.

He already said he plans to run it anyway, so he'll run it anyway.

You seem to think I'm trying to stir up a crusade, I just wanted to raise the point that if there wasn't support for it then it would save the hassle dealing with gems and such nonsense.

Which is all well and good but Capcom are putting a lot of money up for SFxT and this is what they want to do, so who are we to question that.

Regardless, lets move on, I often say the way I run this forum is I don't mind OT chat except when someone is trying to get something done and this is definitely a case of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Each character has 5 gem slots to use, #3, #4 and #5 are all no gem slots by default so you can easily use those instead of #1 and #2 which contains default gems.

So there's no need for removing gems and there shouldn't be any hassle.

Just make sure it's patched to the latest version.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Just make sure it's patched to the latest version.

Yeh. This is gonna be fun. Peep bringing equipment should let me know in the equip thread as to what patches it will or wont have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It's disappointing to see MK get single elim, since it's been such a constant game in Ireland for the last year or so.
    Anyways, there was a post earlier in the thread stating to put your hand up if you'd be on for commentary. My hand is officially up for talking smack on the mic for Kombat.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    It's disappointing to see MK get single elim, since it's been such a constant game in Ireland for the last year or so.
    IF PEOPLE BRING LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF SETUPS, IT IS CONCEIVABLE WE COULD RUN EVERYTHING DOUBLE ELIM……

IMO MK is first in that line for double elim!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I don't play on PS3 myself, so I don't think I can help Kombat's cause in that fashion. I can supply an Xbox with AE and HDR, if that helps you out though.

deathrider wrote: »
    I don't play on PS3 myself, so I don't think I can help Kombat's cause in that fashion. I can supply an Xbox with AE and HDR, if that helps you out though.

always and thank you. Just post in the equipment thread on what you will be able to bring - allows me to manage easier...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

IMO MK is first in that line for double elim!

when will be confirmed or not if MK will be double elim or not?
    is it more a case of waiting on confirmation if the venue can be booked for longer time on the day or waiting on numbers of consoles?
    if its the latter what would be that magic number?

when will be confirmed or not if MK will be double elim or not?
    is it more a case of waiting on confirmation if the venue can be booked for longer time on the day or waiting on numbers of consoles?
    if its the latter what would be that magic number?

It is kinda a bit of both if you follow? 10 setups for 10hrs. 12 setups for 8hrs. Which is better. I dunno :confused:

I am literally just being careful here. I will probably be running mk9 on the ps3's and most everything else on (except maybe tekken) on xbox so if I only get 2 ps3's (which is about average) then it becomes difficult. I get 4/5, its easier. REally do see how you guys put the in effort to make yourselves available for events though and don't want to disappoint so I'll say MK9 will be double elim unless we literally get 1 or 2 PS3's.

As a result of the amount of games, I'll have to be strict on the timetable for the day. (which I have not yet done).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Everybody who wins the tournaments and goes to paris needs to blast this song out they cars

Venue Update:

Hi guys. I want to confirm for everyone that the venue for this event will be the Exchange. We were trying to get another venue within our price range that would cater for streaming but it fell through so we are back to the old reliable.

At least everyone knows where it is and doesn't have to trek to Mordor to get there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We probably should get all this information edited into the OP

Fergus_ wrote: »
    We probably should get all this information edited into the OP

yeh. A job for tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

We were trying to get another venue within our price range that would cater for streaming but it fell through

Awwwwww

Advertisement