Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Venue Update:

Hi guys. I want to confirm for everyone that the venue for this event will be the Exchange. We were trying to get another venue within our price range that would cater for streaming but it fell through so we are back to the old reliable.

At least everyone knows where it is and doesn't have to trek to Mordor to get there. :D

Not this steam room again :mad: need to break windows and bring 10 fans

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm bringing a fan, but it's mine. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I just want to voice my opinion on a matter. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this but I just want to say it anyways.

Firstly, I think that the people running this and the other major events are doing a superb job, and I know I have stated that many times previous. I wouldn't say that unless I meant it, and if I didn't think so, I simply would not show up. This is not aimed at ye at all and it's not aimed at this event in particular. This is more about the mentality which I feel exists in the FGC community in general.

It seems that, if you are not streaming your events, you are not seen as "legit".

We are a great community and we have good players. However, I think we spend far too much time and effort trying to show the world what we are up to when we should be focusing on running the best event possible for the players that actually show up on the day.

I strongly dislike the Exchange as a venue. It's small, it's stuffy, there is no privacy, on a sunny day there is glare, and quite frankly, it's a mess. But it is always been touted as a possible venue because we can stream from there.

I would happily sacrifice streaming if it meant we had a better venue for this tournament at a similar price. A venue that is cool, comfortable, clean and airy. One that allows us to run a great event for the people that are spending their money to attend, not one that caters for the few people who will actually sit down and watch the event online. Honestly, how many people are going to be watching the entire thing?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for streaming but not when it compromises the enjoyment of the people who are in attendance. The 50 people in the room on the day are infinately more important that the people watching online.

Could we not just upload the finals right after the event? It's our skill as a group of player makes us "legit", not because we can stream.

Again, maybe I am by myself on this or in a small minority, but I just thouught I'd get it out there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Pretty sure we can't stream from The Exchange?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I strongly dislike the Exchange as a venue. It's small, it's stuffy, there is no privacy, on a sunny day there is glare, and quite frankly, it's a mess. But it is always been touted as a possible venue because we can stream from there.

I would happily sacrifice streaming if it meant we had a better venue for this tournament at a similar price. A venue that is cool, comfortable, clean and airy. One that allows us to run a great event for the people that are spending their money to attend, not one that caters for the few people who will actually sit down and watch the event online. Honestly, how many people are going to be watching the entire thing?

We've never once streamed from the Exchange, I'm pretty sure you can't. We go there because it's cheap and central. I can set up in a corner anywhere, that's not the issue.

In fact, the only time I streamed a tournament was at the huge and airy Evo qualifier, which we were struggling to afford at all.

It is not likely to be hot or glarey- the tournament is in October.

If you can find us a venue that's nice and airy, and cheap, and quite frankly that people won't moan about, I'm all ears- because AJ and I tried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I think you read it wrong. It's impossible to stream from the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Not this steam room again :mad: need to break windows and bring 10 fans
    I'm bringing a fan, but it's mine. :)

I'll be playing my usual Kitana, so there'll be no shortage of fans, lads :P

We've never once streamed from the Exchange, I'm pretty sure you can't. We go there because it's cheap and central. I can set up in a corner anywhere, that's not the issue.

In fact, the only time I streamed a tournament was at the huge and airy Evo qualifier, which we were struggling to afford at all.

It is not likely to be hot or glarey- the tournament is in October.

If you can find us a venue that's nice and airy, and cheap, and quite frankly that people won't moan about, I'm all ears- because AJ and I tried.

My apologies, I misinterpreted AyJays post earlier. I thought that streaming was a prerequisite for the venue and the reason we weren't going for the other venue was because we could not stream.

I have no doubt ye have searched high and low for a different venue.

Regardless of the venue, I'll be doing my best to make it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

FB event page created. I have invited all those in my friends that will come all though I do not have everyone on FB so spread the word and share/like/+1/-3/kindalike wha-evs

http://www.facebook.com/events/472157346152305/?context=create

Someone click and tell me if that link works for them. I set it public but with FB, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

deathrider wrote: »
    I'll be playing my usual Kitana, so there'll be no shortage of fans, lads :P

I'll bring mine too, it'll be a lot cooler :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

FB event page created. I have invited all those in my friends that will come all though I do not have everyone on FB so spread the word and share/like/+1/-3/kindalike wha-evs

http://www.facebook.com/events/472157346152305/?context=create

Someone click and tell me if that link works for them. I set it public but with FB, who knows.

It works fine on my end, AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

What do I get if I win 3s?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »

A congratulatory handshake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

What's the story with DLC characters for SFxT? I assume they'll be allowed, I can take my console which has them so if anyone uses a DLC character, they can play on my setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

So did this tournament run today or has it been rescheduled? Sorry for not keeping up to date, I just came back to Ireland last night and had a busy week.

When If you win 3S you get a seeded position in the exclusive invite only 25th Series tournament, Paris in November and flights & accommodation.
    So did this tournament run today or has it been rescheduled? Sorry for not keeping up to date, I just came back to Ireland last night and had a busy week.

Yes

:P -> 6th of October ;)

When If you win 3S you get a seeded position in the exclusive invite only 25th Series tournament, Paris in November and flights & accommodation

Really?! Chopper's first post states different? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Really?! Chopper's first post states different? :confused:

That needs to be updated. AJ has since "acquired" spots for 3S and ST.

Orim wrote: »
    That needs to be updated. AJ has since "acquired" spots for 3S and ST.

I have been told its been updated

BOOM!!!

• Advertisement

BOOM!!!

We fought hard to get those spots, so don't let us down (assuming you can defeat my beast remy) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

BOOM!!!
    Just make sure no Chun wins, kthnx.

Ehh I'm going to win ofc

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Can we please get a set-up for the Street Fighter Monopoly set? BISON DOLLARS

Just wanted to mention that the FB event page is the one linked to on the main 25th series official listing for an Irish qualifier. If you haven't already, say you're going. Looks better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Can we please get a set-up for the Street Fighter Monopoly set? BISON DOLLARS

tumblr_m44ung7wkR1qfaf9co1_1280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

what happens if somebody wins 2 games, like does that mean they go and represent on both?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

As far as I know yes they to get to represent in both games or more if they win them.

Update

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen and Farz, I've done up a provisional timetable & price list for the day.

25thschedule.jpg

As you can see, it will be a busy day for all. We are running 9 tournaments so there will be overlap between some - there is little I can do about this and we'll just have to man up on that front.

Prices
    provisional and subject to change

Entry to venue : €4

AE - DoubleElim - €10
    SFxT - DoubleElim - €10
    3S - DoubleElim - €10
    HDR - DoubleElim - €10
    Tekken Tag - DoubleElim - €10
    MK9 - DoubleElim - €10
    uMvC - DoubleElim - €10

Skullgirls - SingleElim - €6
    KoF - SingleElim - €6

Hopefully we will get enough to make this a success! At present we have approximately 26 who said they are attending on the facebook page. I am hopeful we can get double that.

The prizes for the Capcom games are known, with cash prizes for the other tournaments. We'll do a usual split of 60/30/10 ratio. The amounts will depend on the numbers.

We also have a registration website done and hopefully that will be up later today.

Get HYPE!

• Advertisement

Will be there.

Advertisement