Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Way too drunk and way too on holidays to go into details atm but your reasoning about the 'failure' of the last event being due to price is flawed at best. I'll have a little chat at the event with you and go through it of you would like. I assume you'll be there?

In case you are confused, ideas are welcome..... Just not 10 mins beforehand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Might have been helpful to say that a few weeks ago, instead of going on about 2 minutes before a tournament. For about the third time.

That's the final word on it. I'll just delete anything else on this topic on this thread, we're trying to do something here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

woops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Shout outs to this event officially shouted out on this month's podcast, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

deathrider wrote: »
    Shout outs to this event officially shouted out on this month's podcast, lads.
    Cool, which Podcast though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

The Hound wrote: »
    Cool, which Podcast though?

Yip, the site that Sairus posted. It's on the latest podcast, which would be episode 13.

Good shout out, "I'll batter you like a mars bar", lol

Good shout out, "I'll batter you like a mars bar", lol

Auld Richie has a way with words, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I'll go along for the craic. Probably enter at least three of the Street Fighter events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Hope this helps build some hype. I wanted to upload the video on mediafire for yas, but it's 40mbs over the upload limit. You could use http://savemedia.com/ to get it and spread it around as much as you want.

Gonna see if I can't get this on Eventhubs or something similar. What sites are there other than EvHubs and shoryuken.com anywho?

Mirrored. People just use download helper to grab the video, or even go to chrome/ firefox's cache to get it.

Could someone throw it up on rs.ie.

I'll get Aj to mention it to the French for hitcombo et al.

Anyone post on neoempire? I know some Irish check there and not here.

Updated the site with the new vid.

site

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Updated the site with the new vid.

site

is there a list of people who registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Have there been any changes since the provisional timetable & pricing?

ladnopoka wrote: »
    is there a list of people who registered?

Didn't have a DB available this time so we have everyone registered in a list of emails. At last count there are 21 people who have registered on the site. I am assuming there are more coming than that and people just haven't registered yet. There are 32 saying they are going on the FB page.
    Have there been any changes since the provisional timetable & pricing?

No change for the scheduling. Its been suggested that skullgirls might need to be sacrificed in order to make sure we are able to host everything else but other than that the schedule is the same. I only included skullgirls as it hasn't been given a tournament place and was an independent gaming company. I have no great love for it and if its best to let it go, then we may have to. Apologies to anyone who was looking forward to it. Maybe on the day, if we get enough setups etc.

There has been some discussion on the pricing of the event. Some seem to feel it is too expensive. I can appreciate a lack of funds being a problem but at the end of the day, we are having this event to 'fund' the expense of sending our best over to an invite only Capcom celebration event. We have to give the venue something as well. We have a possible 6 people to send to Paris in November for 3 nights. That has a cost associated with it. The flights are approx 100 each with accommodation working out at 150 for the 3 nights for 2 people. Thats a possible €950 cost alone before paying the venue or allocating any prize funds to the other games that do not offer a seeded place, flights & accommodation - both of which we also need to do. Given that information I then tried to work out how to price/charge for the tournaments and entry etc. This is a difficult task as we have NO REAL idea of how many we are going to get for what. The disparity in the numbers from the FB page and website alone illustrate the unreliability of each of the numbers. We could get 50+, only have to send 3 players and be laughing all the way to buying extra setups for future event etc but it is literally impossible to know for sure so I guessed at probable numbers for each event, and set a price that would cover the costs we could potentially have. We could probably take the venue entry to €3 but all these reductions do one thing which is reduce the amount we have to work with. We get 50/60 people registered on the site (like we have had before for the last 2 big events we ran), AND they all show up, we could conceivable charge 3/4 euro less for all events but we have no way of knowing that. I know its not cheap but the prizes are decent, the craic will be mighty and it is a fundraiser after all.

I will go on record now and say a flat entry fee will not work for us with our resources and for what we want to do. I mean we could say 30 in and play all the games but that would mean everyone playing every game....... never be able to accommodate that in the Exchange. We tried to get UCD but couldn't and there were objections to NUIM. On a campus, other possibilities are available but in the exchange, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hey strangers. I just registered for AE and what I thought was Marve(r)l, but later transpired was in fact HDR (using Chrome fwiw). That is quite confusing.

Looking forward to playing on the day, but honestly, what I'm most looking forward to is seeing some familiar faces, and seeing the likes of Stevo and Ladnopoka play in person. Very much hyped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hey strangers. I just registered for AE and what I thought was Marve(r)l, but later transpired was in fact HDR (using Chrome fwiw). That is quite confusing.

Looking forward to playing on the day, but honestly, what I'm most looking forward to is seeing some familiar faces, and seeing the likes of Stevo and Ladnopoka play in person. Very much hyped.

Oh guys, ye didn't know? Limerick posse be representin!

Edit: AyJay, I tried registering but it stalled and I'm not sure if I'm registered or not. Just playing SSF4AE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Forgot to say in my last post... any chance someone will be bringing along DoA5? I'd like to try it out as I really liked 2 and to a lesser extent, 4. Not entirely sold on purchasing yet however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

seeing the likes of Stevo and Ladnopoka play in person. Very much hyped.

Prepare for these expectations to be shattered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I might be wrong here, but the FB event, the RS.ie article and the site, as well as the first page of this thread don't have the cost or schedule mentioned.

Maybe the schedule isn't locked in but the cost is.

Maybe give them an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Good point there, Speed Boat

Article on randomselect.ie updated with this information.

Pricing & Schedule Update

right guys, in light of the suggestions and comments from peeps I am updating the pricing for the event to make it more suitable and hopefully find the balance that allows everyone to come and also to fund the excursion. Basically we will drop SG, as you know, and KOF. This is cause there doesn't seem to be the interest to actually make it happen and also to possibly free up a machine or two for casuals on the day.

That leaves AE, SFxT, 3S, HDR, Tekken Tag, MK9 and Marvel - All double elimination!

I am proposing the following change:

Single Tournament Entry : €10
    SuperCombo Deal (Any 4 Tournaments) : €30
    UltraCombo Deal (Any 6 Tournaments) : €40

The entry fee can be reduced to €3 - we can use this for paying the Exchange.

I am hoping that this helps everyone concerned, and still gets us over the line in the fundraising efforts.

I will update the facebook page and the website later tonight after work if there are no objections. Is this a bit better? Just trying to find the right balance. We also have to have some prize fund for MK, TT & Marvel - sponsors were not very forth coming with help :(.

I have also booked the exchange up until 8pm to help cater for getting everything done. I will put up an updated schedule in a post tonight.

Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good stuff AJ.

I'll probably play in quite a few more tournaments now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Good Call, AJ.

I'll play in all 4 SF games now for definite.

I'll update the info on randomselect.ie to reflect these changes later

25thschedule-new.jpg

New updated schedule lads. Moved a bit back to cater for slightly later start times but we should be opening at 10 with registrations anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

get hype!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rhino n Chips

Right, Signed up for SFxT and Tag2, Can't wait, even if I get slaughtered :)
    So do we recieve our times by email, or when we get there? Sorry it's the first time I've been to one of these and I haven't a bloody clue what I'm doing.

Oh and big thanks to Lythero, I would've never known about this is it weren't for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

OP definitely needs to be updated with details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Agreed.

Also, I'm afraid to ask what the salt shaker icons are about.

Advertisement