Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Someone write it up and I will edit it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't register on the site, it won't accept my confirmation code.

In for 3S, AE & HDR (and possible casuals).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Good stuff, kinda sad to see KoF dropped again but it most likely wouldn't be represented well enough to be worth slowing down other proceedings, and I get a bit of extra time to make the trip down.

Super combo deal lets me enter everything I've a vague interest in as well. :D

(That would be AE, 3S, HDR and TTT2 now that the selection has changed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I've updated randomselect.ie with the latest information.

Lythero wrote: »
    Agreed.

Also, I'm afraid to ask what the salt shaker icons are about.

Salty Cog and salty Onion? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

God damn it AJ uncalled for!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

ayjayirl wrote: »
    25thschedule-new.jpg

New updated schedule lads. Moved a bit back to cater for slightly later start times but we should be opening at 10 with registrations anyway.

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

OP Edit

25thschedule-new.jpg

New Entry Fees for the 25th Series - Irish Qualifier

Venue Entry : €3
    Single Tournament Entry : €10
    SuperCombo Deal (Any 4 Tournaments) : €30
    UltraCombo Deal (Any 6 Tournaments) : €40

The Event is being held at The Exchange, on 6th Oct from 10am until 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

What's the craic with the "light musical entertainment" in the middle of the fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

deathrider wrote: »
    What's the craic with the "light musical entertainment" in the middle of the fights?

Most likely Guile ralated music will be played during these intervals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Nutrient wrote: »
    Most likely Guile ralated music will be played during these intervals

Well it does go with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Can any locals tell me if the Luas goes to Exchange street? I was thinking of taking the Luas thats beside Busaras to get to the Exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can any locals tell me if the Luas goes to Exchange street? I was thinking of taking the Luas thats beside Busaras to get to the Exchange.

It does not.
    However if you take the LUAS down to Jervis it leaves you with a short walk (~500m) across the Liffey to Exchange street.

How are pots sorted for non sf games?
    Like what % would marvel champ get from marvel entry fees? Or will this depend on turn out?
    Sorry if this is already answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Like what % would marvel champ get from marvel entry fees? Or will this depend on turn out?

You feelin' yourself already?

"If we get under 25 people (for example), then 50% of the pot is taken for the fundraiser & costs and 50% goes to the prize pot. If 30 people enter, then 40%. 40 people then 30%.... These are just example numbers, I'll have to work out the exact percentages but in essence it means the more people in that tournament, the more the prize pot - it doesn't all go to the fundraising."

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Just a quick question, will the AE tournament be run on X360 or PS3? The reason I ask is that my fightstick is out of order so I'd like to know what pad (X360 or PS3 pad) to get used to using for when I use it at the tournament. Before anyone suggests I could borrow their fightstick, I appreciate the offer but I'm very picky about using controllers as there may be something different with your fightstick over mine, even if using Sanwa JLF and OBSF-30s like my own. I remember using someone else's fightstick at casuals a while back and finding the joystick a little bit sticky when directing it to down-left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It'll be on 360.

Doyler01 wrote: »

"If we get under 25 people (for example), then 50% of the pot is taken for the fundraiser & costs and 50% goes to the prize pot. If 30 people enter, then 40%. 40 people then 30%.... These are just example numbers, I'll have to work out the exact percentages but in essence it means the more people in that tournament, the more the prize pot - it doesn't all go to the fundraising."

Really it comes down to numbers on the day Doyler. We have a fundraising cost for sending the scrubs to Paris, after that, and assuming we get the numbers, I'll divvy it up as best I can.

Nah bro I've been getting owned just looking out for my homies.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I'll be there for TTT2. So will my bro (cardboard fox).
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Rhino n Chips

Can I just ask few things If you don't mind:
    Will you have PS3 controllers at the tourney or should I try borrow one before I get there (Scince I don't have a PS3 ;_; )?
    Are we using gems in SFxT?
    In Tag2 is it a set stage, random stage, or whatever we feel like, considering how the stages are so different in size and mechanics?
    Are you still gonna record Tekken footage even though the last batch had to be taken down?
    And when's the tourney for Clay Fighter 63 1/3 ?!?!?!?!?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can I just ask few things If you don't mind:
    Will you have PS3 controllers at the tourney or should I try borrow one before I get there (Scince I don't have a PS3 ;_; )?
    Are we using gems in SFxT?
    In Tag2 is it a set stage, random stage, or whatever we feel like, considering how the stages are so different in size and mechanics?
    Are you still gonna record Tekken footage even though the last batch had to be taken down?
    And when's the tourney for Clay Fighter 63 1/3 ?!?!?!?!?

I hope AJ doesn't mind me answering on his behalf.

I'll be bringing a ps3 controller but it's better to bring one if you can.

No gems.

I will record some tekken but it will be going up on an alternate channel: The fault of this lays soley with Namco btw.

I will defer to the tag players about the stages- what is tournament standard lads?

IK+ before clayfighter tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My PS3 has the Japanese CvS2 on it.

Thankfully all menus are in English, just got to remember that Circle is accept and X is reject.

CvS2 over Clayfighter and IK+.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rhino n Chips

I will record some tekken but it will be going up on an alternate channel: The fault of this lays soley with Namco btw.

Great, I just wanted to make sure in case I miracously won a match :P Still trying to figure out why Namco wanted it down though.
    I will defer to the tag players about the stages- what is tournament standard lads?
    Most of the tournament I've seen use random stages, which is an awful idea (The stage Coastline Sunset changes brightness to where sometimes you can't see!)
    I vote for the Arena, it's big, easy to escape walls, and it's got good visual contrast A.K.A you can figure out wtf is going on.

Anyway thanks very much for the help!

CvS2 over Clayfighter and IK+.

Breakers Revenge!
    Most of the tournament I've seen use random stages, which is an awful idea (The stage Coastline Sunset changes brightness to where sometimes you can't see!)

Random would be fine if it weren't for that bloody awful stage, It seems lately that every game needs one stage where you can't see a damn thing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Even Maximilian told me he's been having trouble with Namco and copyright.

I'm shocked that they're trying to come down on people merely promoting their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I hope AJ doesn't mind me answering on his behalf.

I'll be bringing a ps3 controller but it's better to bring one if you can.

No gems.

IK+ before clayfighter tbh!

I think they change the stage after every match and it's random select.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MellowToast

I want to play some Marvel. Only MARVEL. I plan on having fun and if I do well you shall all be ashamed.

• Advertisement

Anyone available to grab the keys to the exchange today?

Advertisement