Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caulker / Livermore In Eng Squad

Options
  • 10-08-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Well Done lads, can only be a positive thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The senior squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I don't know if that is a sad reflection of the players available to England or a good reflection on how far our lads have come. Livermore is our reserve to the reserves in central midfield. And Caulker hasn't played yet for Spurs ( i think) and would be behind Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dawson & Gallas.
    Still good news I suppose on a day when our transfer activity is again non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The senior squad?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I don't know if that is a sad reflection of the players available to England or a good reflection on how far our lads have come. Livermore is our reserve to the reserves in central midfield. And Caulker hasn't played yet for Spurs ( i think) and would be behind Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dawson & Gallas.
    Still good news I suppose on a day when our transfer activity is again non existent.

Bit harsh on Livermore. I was sceptical 18 months ago but whenever he played last season, he did very well imo.

As for Caulker, he has a full year under his belt in the PL and has a great future ahead of him with Spurs. It won't be long before the 2 centre half slots are between himself Kaboul and Vert !

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Bit harsh on Livermore. I was sceptical 18 months ago but whenever he played last season, he did very well imo.

As for Caulker, he has a full year under his belt in the PL and has a great future ahead of him with Spurs. It won't be long before the 2 centre half slots are between himself Kaboul and Vert !

Livermore has come on as a player over the last 18 months agreed but he is still way down our list of first choice midfielders. Both Sandro and Parker would get in ahead of him in a holding role and THudd is back also. Actually THudd would be my idea of a Spurs player who should make the England squad. Give him a few weeks to get back to full fitness and he could push his way in.

Caulker looks like one for the future. Impressed with his performances at Swansea last season but just surprised he has earned a call up so quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It seems once your selected for the senior side a players valuation increases, which is beneficial. Anytime I've seen Caulker play I've been impressed. I live Livermore, he just needs to be moulded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Never knew this but what a great quote. In July 2009 Livermore scored his first goal for Spurs in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them!"

Legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Never knew this but what a great quote. In July 2009 Livermore scored his first goal for Spurs in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them!"

Legend!

What a great comment .

I think jake has come on in leaps and bounds and we should Defo keep him

Excellent attitude too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good lad, I hope he gets some game time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

...and then there's modric.

Thank you jake, I want you in our team!

• Advertisement
Advertisement