Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If this doesnt tug at your heartstrings, check your pulse

Comments

how is that sad? they go out every evening to the lake so the doggy feels better
    it's absolutely lovely
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/man-dog-lake-superior-photo-_n_1755609.html

excuse me, i have something in my eye *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Awh noes... It's Marley & me all over again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

pookiesboo wrote: »

Really lovely story. Thanks for sharing :)
    'people have said they see everything from pure love to hope for the world. They see peace, kindness, the relationship between man and dog,'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2186373/Pictured-The-heart-melting-moment-man-lulls-arthritic-dog-sleep-lake.html#ixzz239T4WDyP

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Snot & tears everywhere after reading it.
    And I'm in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

No.

Not doing dying puppies today.....busy with boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Hmm, I guess that thing I thought was a pulse is something else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

There is no way I am reading that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

No.

Not doing dying puppies today.....busy with boxing.

Not a puppy, dog is 19 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I love this, the doggie is so content in this picture. He gave his owner strength when he was at his lowest, and the owner is returning the favour now that the doggie is near the end. A beautiful friendship.

Hmm, I guess that thing I thought was a pulse is something else....

Maybe its your robot batteries needing to be charged....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

That's ruff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Maybe its your robot batteries needing to be charged....

Foolish meatsack, we run on pure ethanol and the bloo--- I mean, hahahah, good joke, fellow human!

Ha

ha

ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

The average age in Vietnam was nnnnnnnn19

Also the guy is single and looking for a girlfriend *checks to see next flight to Wisconsin*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He looks like John Lennon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Heart warming story.

That's the thing.

EVERY dog is still a puppy.

I'm not exactly heartless but a hundred year old dog would be still a puppy to me. I hate those articles. Makes me sad........:(...sniff.....

That's the thing.

I'm not exactly heartless but a hundred year old dog would be still a puppy to me. I hate those articles. Makes me sad........:(...sniff.....
    I'm exactly the same. I have my dog since he was six weeks old. If the day ever comes that something should happen I know I'm going to be inconsolable. I prefer spending time with him than spending it with a lot of people I know.

And the tears are about to fall again at the thoughts of him goin to doggy heaven :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I always feel more upset reading or seeing things happen to dogs then I would a human. When you think how the world treats animals as lower stupider and less important then ourselfs we could actually learn so much from them.

Far as I'm concerned when an animal shows any kind of emotion or feeling towards something its always for real and one hundred percent doubt u could say the same for most the human race.

I always feel more upset reading or seeing things happen to dogs then I would a human. When you think how the world treats animals as lower stupider and less important then ourselfs we could actually learn so much from them.

Far as I'm concerned when an animal shows any kind of emotion or feeling towards something its always for real and one hundred percent doubt u could say the same for most the human race.

Me too, dogs love humans unconditionally, it breaks my heart reading stories about animals being abused, they cant stick up for themselves either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm exactly the same. I have my dog since he was six weeks old. If the day ever comes that something should happen I know I'm going to be inconsolable. I prefer spending time with him than spending it with a lot of people I know.

And the tears are about to fall again at the thoughts of him goin to doggy heaven :(

I'm not liking seeing mine get old, although it has helped calm her down a bit :p

I've had my dog for 11 years, got her when she was only a few weeks old. Haven't seen her in 5 months, and I've another left before I get home. I miss her :(

I am looking forward to seeing her go mental upon my return though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

we could actually learn so much from them.

You mean how they react to drugs and cosmetics, that kind of thing? Or how they taste?

(Sorry, involuntary AH response.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

If you really want to blub like a big girl

Oh, God stop.

I had to bury a cat.......everything you say makes me so sad. My cousin's dog has two tumors and comes up to my door every day. I don't want to even go there. She's called Holly and yes....I agree!.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's sweet of him and all, but if it's just the floatation he's after why not put it in the bath?

Our dog is 8 now and we got her from the local shelter when she was 6 wks old, her and her siblings were dumped in a ditch and she was the only one who survived. Shes slowing down now and I dread that day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Stopped watching once I heard the music. My dog died around the time of my 18th birthday a few months ago. I got her when I was three.

Never want another dog after her :(

Had a lot of Marley and me moments, best dog ever!:D

kylith wrote: »
    It's sweet of him and all, but if it's just the floatation he's after why not put it in the bath?

Probably prefers being outside in nature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Not watching it haha I could honestly watch a lot of bad things happen to people but the smallest thing happen to a dog and really gets me. Ffs I couldn't even watch that episode the simpsons other day one the old ones were they try get rid santas little helper cause he wrecked homers shoes haha :-) I turned it off half way threw had tears in me eyes ha.

I pray to god every night since I had to get me dog put down last year that he's in better place now and that I did the right thing. Everything reminds me of him ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

VET: The humane thing to do would be to put the dog down as it's suffering a lot and it's like 2000 years old in dog years.

John: No I need something to cuddle. :(

Never want another dog after her :([/QUOTE]

I'm so sad for you. In time, hopefully, you will pick up a little kitty or puppy who needs the tlc......

They need you as much as you need them!:).....

GSWxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

1ZRed wrote: »
    Stopped watching once I heard the music.
    Not watching it haha I could honestly watch a lot of bad things happen to people but the smallest thing happen to a dog and really gets me.

But it's got a happy ending....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Never want another dog after her :(

I'm so sad for you. In time, hopefully, you will pick up a little kitty or puppy who needs the tlc......

They need you as much as you need them!:).....

GSWxxx[/QUOTE]

Nah I'm alright but I don't think I'll want another dog. That was my dog :)

An apology of sorts for bumming everyone out with this thread

smilingdog2z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i tell my dog to shut up a lot she barks too much i do love her tho shes awesome...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Orla99

Sad:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My dog has torn up countless pillows and cushions. He's often pee'd and poo'ed indoors. He has regularly terrorised the local rabbit population and still gets overly excited in the presence of house visitors. But I wouldn't change him for the world and dread the day when I have to say goodbye (although it should still be a few years away still).

And I refuse to watch the OP link or any other dog related material, as it would only ruin my day!

Nah I'm alright but I don't think I'll want another dog. That was my dog :)[/QUOTE]

:)....That's what I said.

I'm a Mammy. I know it all...........:D:D:D

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That guy's man card must be revoked. Lulling his dog to sleep in a lake means the house will always be full of wet-dog smell. I thought the title was about a guy euthanising his dog by drowning it in the lake.

My dog has torn up countless pillows and cushions. He's often pee'd and poo'ed indoors. He has regularly terrorised the local rabbit population and still gets overly excited in the presence of house visitors. But I wouldn't change him for the world and dread the day when I have to say goodbye (although it should still be a few years away still).

And I refuse to watch the OP link or any other dog related material, as it would only ruin my day!

I would either shake your hand or buy you a drink if you were in my neck of the woods....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

'Mr Unger adopted Schoep'

'he and his then-fiancee adopted Schroep'

'Shep falls asleep every night'

Good ole Daily Mail. Which one is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Confab wrote: »
    That guy's man card must be revoked.

Right, with you so far. Don't agree, but still with you nonetheless.
    Lulling his dog to sleep in a lake means the house will always be full of wet-dog smell. I thought the title was about a guy euthanising his dog by drowning it in the lake.

Wut? Now who's man card should be revoked?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

I guess I don't have a pulse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Is he getting the dog to sleep or putting it to sleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Birneybau wrote: »
    Is he getting the dog to sleep or putting it to sleep?

Easing the pain from it's arthritis and soothing him to sleep.

That guy's man card must be revoked. Lulling his dog to sleep in a lake means the house will always be full of wet-dog smell. I thought the title was about a guy euthanising his dog by drowning it in the lake.
    Jesus there's always one hero isn't there.

He's doing a nice thing for his dog, his buddy who has seen him go through good & bad times. And you start this man card shyte & drowning the dog in the lake nonsense?

Cop to fcuk on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Manly tears were shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

You either have no heart, or have never had a dog you really loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

I'm not an emotional guy in any sense of the word, but anything to do with the relationship between a Dog and it's owner always manages to set me off.

Here's a short film I seen recently that pushed me to tears. It really displays the unbreakable bond that exists between a Man and his Dog, a bond that lasts long after the two have parted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

That's the thing.

I'm the same, my dog is 5, I still call her the pup. She'll always be a puppy to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement