Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mail1.eircom.net - services changes around 2nd Aug 2012

Options
  • 10-08-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Eircom,

Can you specify which changes you made around anti-spam for outgoing SMTP mail sent to mail1.eircom.net and this affects mail please?

We are having issues where a mail system was (and has been for ages) forwarding on mail to gmail for certain users but these forwarded mails have suddenly stopped working.

If you did make any significant changes (which going by another thread it looks like you did), would it not be an idea at the minimum to notify your customers in advance so that business does not get impacted and/or workarounds can be implemented ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Shakka wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

Can you specify which changes you made around anti-spam for outgoing SMTP mail sent to mail1.eircom.net and this affects mail please?

We are having issues where a mail system was (and has been for ages) forwarding on mail to gmail for certain users but these forwarded mails have suddenly stopped working.

If you did make any significant changes (which going by another thread it looks like you did), would it not be an idea at the minimum to notify your customers in advance so that business does not get impacted and/or workarounds can be implemented ?

Thanks

Hi Shakka,

Sorry for the delay with a response. I have sent a request for a breakdown of the updates. Will let you know if when I get a reply. I should probably advise now that I might not get the full list of updates if any of them were security related but I'll post up whatever I can here.

Regards

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi again Shakka,

Have gotten a reply from support regarding this. The details they gave are as follows:

Cloudmark rule sets are being updated to help reduce the amount of SPAM. It will now validate the sender’s domain by checking it has a valid “MX & A Record” (DNS entries). It should not be service affecting.
    The only customers impacted after the change will be those sending spam or “spoofed” email addresses.

This is all the public info we have on the upgrades. If you would like to speak to someone in technical support you can call 1890 260 260 from 8am - 10pm, 7 days. If you ask to speak to a manager they should be able to answer further queries. Alternatively you can of course post them here and I'll request further info for you.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Eircom:James " The only customers impacted after the change will be those sending spam or “spoofed” email addresses."

I have been impacted on in three of the businesses I look after IT in, the 3 of them have had issues sending to gmails and hotmails since these changes were done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 melw

Advertisement