Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Engineering Science (Mechanical)

• 10-08-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I've been offered a place on the Masters in Engineering Science (Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing, Process, and Automation Systems) program for the coming year. Just wondering if any recent graduates could offer any advice or useful information on the course.

I know you chose 10 modules from the list but is it possible to choose any modules you like or are there certain restrictions? Also, for the research projects (preliminary and minor), are topics/supervisors predefined or do you propose your own topic?

Any advice would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hi,

I've been offered a place on the Masters in Engineering Science (Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing, Process, and Automation Systems) program for the coming year. Just wondering if any recent graduates could offer any advice or useful information on the course.

I know you chose 10 modules from the list but is it possible to choose any modules you like or are there certain restrictions? Also, for the research projects (preliminary and minor), are topics/supervisors predefined or do you propose your own topic?

Any advice would be great!

Doing this as well.

Was onto the lecturer for the pharmaceutical Engineering module and asked, some of the modules are also done with 3rd or 4th years undergrads who would need the requirements but for those doing the postgrad it's fine but you just may need the coordinators permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jennifer_ever

Thanks, that's good to know.

I emailed the course coordinator and he mentioned they're introducing a new module this year in Advanced Robotics too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

Would definitely recommend the production engineering course, on NDT and manufacturing processes.

Decent lecturer and there is some course work I believe ( I did it as an undergrad). Also the Mechatronics course is a winner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jennifer_ever

Thanks catiny :)

Advertisement