Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time gym user in bray

Options
  • 10-08-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi everyone, i have recently moved to bray with my girlfriend and we have both decided we would like to use this time to start a new lifestyle and join a gym or regularly visit a gym to improve our health and lose weight. i am very big at 6ft 4 and 21 stone but she is small at 5ft 5 and 9 stone and we want to go somewhere we can be comfortable and not stared at. any suggestions are appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Do you have two heads? Why would anyone stare at you?

99%+ of gym goers don't give a rats ass what their fellow members look like join a gym that has what you need and is close to either work or home.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MeMeJK1

Don't worry about other people. You are doing this only for you. Find a gym that fits your needs. Find out what you want from a gym and how much you are willing to pay. Do you want to attend fitness classes? Do you want personal training and nutrition advice? Do you want a good swimming pool?

Go and visit a few gyms and go for the one that ticks all the boxes on your wish list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If bootcamp/group training is an option, 100% talk to Stephen Kinsella. Top bloke who's working with a wide range of clients and will definitely get the results you want http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionFSC

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭swededmonkey

i've heard good reports about the raven, but never been myself

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just joined the raven gym last week, had been a member of Total fitness for years.

For the pprice you pay its a very good gym. plenty of machines and free weights. the times I've been it hasn't been too busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I've no idea about gyms in Bray, sorry.

You have nothing to worry about with regards to being stared at. Nobody cares about what other people are doing in the gym.*

* Well, unless you are particularly good looking. Despite our best efforts not to be a perve, sometimes you can't help but admire a hotty when they insist on doing squats rights in front of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

Raven Gym are posting fliers in letterboxes in Greystones - even when there is a 'No Junk Mail or Fliers' sign. I always associate this kind of activity with dodgy or desperate companies

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

can any one can tell me what raven gym in bray is like ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Tinker13 wrote: »
    Raven Gym are posting fliers in letterboxes in Greystones - even when there is a 'No Junk Mail or Fliers' sign. I always associate this kind of activity with dodgy or desperate companies

What company isn't desperate these days. Also most of the time a company would contract a letter drop company and have no idea about "No Junk Mail signs" being ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Not Easy

pump wrote: »
    can any one can tell me what raven gym in bray is like ??????

Great gym..great trainers..loads of good classes..and its cheap.. Some of their treadmills need a service...but there are plenty anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement