Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo Marui P226 E2 (Discussion)

Options
  • 10-08-2012 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

After much research into what would be the best performing pistol for me, I still couldn't make up my mind. So I took a drive up to Dundalk to view AirsoftEire's line up of Tokyo Marui pistols. That brand appears to be well regarded and he had a good selection.

The guy in the shop was extremely helpful (sorry I didn't get his name) and he showed me about 8 different TM models including the M9, Glock, 5-7 and 1911 amongst others. However it was the new P226 that just felt "right" in my hand. He filled the gun with gas so I could see the recoil and hear the bang. Very impressive. He broke the gun down for me and showed me how to maintain its innards. I bought a leg holster and spare mag for it.

Just had my first target session with it and all I can say is "WOW". Very powerful, very accurate (two handed, not so much one handed:o). Five shots, five beer cans at 20 paces. The gun has just the right weight for me, not too light so it feels flimsy but not too heavy so it would become tiring to hold. Good meaty size mag that holds 25 bb's. Very smooth action on the slide which recoils pretty strongly but not so much that it would knock your aim off.

It's my first pistol and there may be better ones out there but for me, this gun suits my own particular hand very well and the Slide lock and decocking switches are easily accessible to my thumb. I'm very happy with it and with the service I got which was informative but not pushy. Check out the TM P226 at AIrsoftEire.com for a full breakdown of its features.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

That TM will be with you a long time I would say, they are fantastic quality. Just noticed there 45 euro for a mag....thats a bit steep, and your going to need at least one spare mag for skirmishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

That TM will be with you a long time I would say, they are fantastic quality. Just noticed there 45 euro for a mag....thats a bit steep, and your going to need at least one spare mag for skirmishing.

I agree on the price for the mags. I did buy a spare but at 45 euro a pop, I wouldn't want to go losing one in a skirmish. I bought a leg holster for it that is designed for the 226 and it is a good fit with a snap button and velcro to hold the gun in place. There is also a pocket for the spare mag.

The downside of the pistol is loading the bb's. You wouldn't want to be in a hurry trying to load if under fire:D.

As for my target shooting, this gun punched a hole in a coke can at 15 metres, and a big hole at that. I'm using .25g bb's as I shoot outdoors as I find that the wind can knock lighter bb's off track. If the gun can do that to a can, Id be careful firing at someone at that range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Just had my first target session with it and all I can say is "WOW".

Congratulations on chosing an awesome piece of kit.

I've had a few TM pistols, as well as some KSC, KJW and WE pistols. With the exception of some of the KSC system 7 pistols the TM easily beats the lot of them hands down. Despite being plastic as opposed to metal, the fit and finish on a TM is usually so good that you would probably pick it out of a line-up as being 'real' over some of the cheaper metal pistols.

The performance is always good - but I found that the 5-7 and 226 E2 have had a little bit of an edge over some of the earlier models.

Yes, the mags are pricey - but if you shop around you can get replacements cheaper than that (certainly from overseas). While I usually try to buy airsoft guns in Ireland, I've no qualms about getting mags from overseas. Luckily enough Hobby had some 226 mags at a reasonable price a good while back (for the original 226, but they still work - they're just not as gas efficient) so I can use those.

I've sold my TM 1911, TM M9 and TM 5-7 - but I kept the TM p226. It's the only pistol I plan to keep. Says it all really...

Thanks for that. Nice to know that I made a good decision for once:D

I went up to buy the 5-7 as I'd read nothing but good reviews of it online but when I tried it out in the AirsoftEire store, it just didn't feel right somehow whereas the P226 was a perfect fit in my hand and the weight felt right. So I went with my instincts and I'm delighted with it. So happy in fact, that my M4 hasn't been in use since I got the TM pistol. My favourite feature is how the slide rocks back when the mag is empty just like the real deal.

Ok, I am a noob, I know very little about airsoft but the TM P226 is a lovely piece of workmanship that I am glad I bought. I just pity the poor guy who will be on the receiving end of this pistol when I eventually go skirmishing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

You have made a great choice, I have the P226 E2 also and can only say again what a beautiful piece it is. The fact that TM pistols are mostly if not all ABS makes no difference, they're beautifully made with great performance. I also have the TM 1911 M.E.U, another beautiful piece. They'll bury me with that pistol:P

• Advertisement

I fill the mag with the can upside down and with the nozzle straight as it enters the mag but I always get gas spilling out freezing my fingers. When I fire off rounds, I get between one to one and a half (sometimes nearly two) mags worth of bb's before the gas has to be refilled. Is this right? I'm sure the guy in the shop said I'd get more use out of each mag before I had to refill them as these mags are supposed to be very efficient.

I know it's no big deal having to refill with gas as I have to reload the mag anyway but I'm just curious if this is normal or is there something wrong with the way I'm filling the mag with gas or if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I fill the mag with the can upside down and with the nozzle straight as it enters the mag but I always get gas spilling out freezing my fingers. When I fire off rounds, I get between one to one and a half (sometimes nearly two) mags worth of bb's before the gas has to be refilled. Is this right? I'm sure the guy in the shop said I'd get more use out of each mag before I had to refill them as these mags are supposed to be very efficient.

I know it's no big deal having to refill with gas as I have to reload the mag anyway but I'm just curious if this is normal or is there something wrong with the way I'm filling the mag with gas or if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks

Sounds about right to me, remember to use gas with silicon lubricant, sniper gas has no lubricant so watch for that. Always leave a tiny tiny bit of gas left in the mag to lubricate the seals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The gas spilling out is because TM don't put a small O-Ring in their fill valves (often called the silent-filling O-ring...for obvious reasons), so you get a loud gas noise as well as the spurting of gas.

If you fill the mag when it's cold, and then warm it up, you'll get even more shots per fill of gas :)

Very good choice in pistol btw! I'm a huge TM fan, and you really can't go wrong with any of their gear - it's all top quality laser-beam fairy dust stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭drifterex

Is the E2 much better than the previous generation Marui P226? I love the stainless finish one, but its quite old now, so should I just get the E2, and forget about the colour.

Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

I have the older TM p226 and I cant fault it at all . Always reliable and on target with good groupings , never any trouble ( I do keep it well maintained). It is about 4 years old and still my favourite by far . Other pistols have come and gone but this one will always be my number one back up, or when the sh1t really hits the fan my Robocop auto 9 !!

• Advertisement

darren ff wrote: »
    I have the older TM p226 and I cant fault it at all . Always reliable and on target with good groupings , never any trouble ( I do keep it well maintained). It is about 4 years old and still my favourite by far . Other pistols have come and gone but this one will always be my number one back up, or when the sh1t really hits the fan my Robocop auto 9 !!

Cool, that's good enough for me. Would love an Auto 9. Brings me back to my youth, and wanting "the Robocop gun" more than anything. Didn't realise it was a souped up 93r then, didn't know what it was tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

sh1t really hits the fan my Robocop auto 9 !!

Unless you've got Robocops robotic limb to holster it then it's just not the same:P

jayod30 wrote: »
    sh1t really hits the fan my Robocop auto 9 !!

Unless you've got Robocops robotic limb to holster it then it's just not the same:P

A scalpel and some tin foil would sort that out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

Yeah it's just an angry m93 but can change the game when you got a few mags and switch to full auto . Bought it here from AI and is just a great bit of kit(an mp7 holster will fix the carrying problem) Anyway I've gone off topic, congrats on the 226 if it's good enough for the US navy seals it's good enough for me!!

Anyway I've gone off topic, congrats on the 226 if it's good enough for the US navy seals it's good enough for me!!

And the Irish army Ranger Wing also use it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Realmav

Picked up a TM P226 E2 today and it looks and feels quality, it is a bit lighter than the KJ. However was looking at a metal slide and frame upgrade kit for it well over 300 euro (they wife say's no way ha) from Asia, then I seen my old KJ P226 and by all means looks like all the internals of the TM should fit if I put the metal KJ slide on the TM woks fine, mags are all interchangeable all the screw hole and that all seen in the right place. haven't tried swapping them over but if I do I'll keep you posted.

Advertisement