Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i find a list of Irish wholesalers or a wholesale directory?

Options
  • 10-08-2012 4:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭

I am using a wholesale directory at the moment, but it caters more for the UK and doesn't really have many Irish wholesalers on it, does anyone know how i might find a larger list of wholesale companies in the Republic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ive never found one .. ever !!
    And you could say i would be pleased to see an irish company actually produce something - There about but just not advertising on wholesale lists, which is quite dissapointing .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭ByronB

Ive never found one .. ever !!
    And you could say i would be pleased to see an irish company actually produce something - There about but just not advertising on wholesale lists, which is quite dissapointing .

Yeah it is rather difficult to find them online alright.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

you could do a search on Kompass

http://ie.kompass.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

The topic of finding wholesalers in Ireland for a huge variety of products is a frequently recurring one on this forum. With lots of people looking to start up retailing online and offline, the demand clearly exists. Why not set a directory up on boards.ie and let anyone feed in the info and I would suggest reviews of the companies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

LinkedIn has a company search where you can specify the industry. Just checked it out and found 50 companies who are headquartered in Ireland who have specified "wholesale" as their industry. Not all will suit but even if you found one or two it could get you off the ground

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

I am using a wholesale directory at the moment, but it caters more for the UK and doesn't really have many Irish wholesalers on it, does anyone know how i might find a larger list of wholesale companies in the Republic?

I find that most sellers on Ebay.ie are lot cheaper than Irish wholesales and have better qaulity products. But as for an Irish wholesaler list with actually good supplier, I don't think that exsits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 icedcheese

I've been looking for the same thing myself and came accross http://www.wholesaledirectory.ie. So far so good - all Irish wholesalers, and they actually have some good wholesalers on there that I couldn't even find using Google!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

icedcheese wrote: »
    I've been looking for the same thing myself and came accross http://www.wholesaledirectory.ie. So far so good - all Irish wholesalers, and they actually have some good wholesalers on there that I couldn't even find using Google!

I saw this post and thought someones spamming a joke of a site, but looking at it, it seems quite a bit of work has gone into it and if its what you need the €15 annual fee seems quite good.

The reason why many will not appear on google is because they wn't pay or don't see the worth of SEOand tend to see their website as a media outlet for current customers rather than new customers.

Another way to find wholesalers is to go to trade shows - but this is time consuming, so assuming above has a good list, it seems to be the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Seems to be legit, unlike may of the UK web scraping sites that have no validation just a rehash of the Yellow Pages etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnpaulirsh

hi, boards. im a new user i need to know, does anyone know about, a company that imports and sell direct to market traders as im in the notion of starting a market stall soon, maybe for christmass.

iv heard of a company called,. irish-import-export.com from a freind. but is there any more i can go to, to before i start.

i heard robbin hood industrial estate is verey good too to find wholesaler cash and carrys.

hope i can get more advice as well as share any nolege i learn.

thanks
    john paul

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

iv heard of a company called,. irish-import-######.com from a freind. but is there any more i can go to, to before i start.
    l

That doesn't look like a company, it looks like a very dodgy, badly put together, single web-page. No contact details, no company name, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

Any one have a name of a good wholesaler in sporting goods top brands? preferably ireland or uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnpaulirsh

Graham wrote: »
    That doesn't look like a company, it looks like a very dodgy, badly put together, single web-page. No contact details, no company name, nothing.

is but, iv been in contacted with the owner, it all looks ok, hes working on a eccomers website, that will take a few months to finnish, so they put up this simple website to get in touch with more people that want to sell.

the real wholesalers out there dont really sell online anyway, the just sell direct to middle men or retail shops.

so iv read somewhere,

hope this helps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

is but, iv been in contacted with the owner, it all looks ok, hes working on a eccomers website, that will take a few months to finnish, so they put up this simple website to get in touch with more people that want to sell.

the real wholesalers out there dont really sell online anyway, the just sell direct to middle men or retail shops.

I would at least expect a wholesaler to have an address and a telephone number, maybe even a company name.

I'd usually be the first to tell businesses that any web presence is better than none at all. That website must be the exception that proves the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

ORourke3 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, not sure if I can jump in or not but there's...

www. buywholesale .ie

they import from china, i bought a few things from them it took 10 days to arrive which is ok if you can wait.

But that's not a wholesale site, its a dropshipping site, why wouldn't you buy of DealExtreme etc where the goods are coming from anyway.. your going to get stung with import taxes on any item with decent value..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

ORourke3 wrote: »
    i'm not sure what you mean?
    i didnt have to pay import tax from buywholesale .ie

dx.com looks good too.

People looking for wholesalers want a supplier where they can buy bulk quantities at wholesale prices.
    Buying from a site like this is just paying the middleman (drop shipper) for nothing. You can't base a business buying from these sites as when your hit for import tax the profit is usually wiped out. If you don't understand what drop shipping is them google it, it's how 90% of goods on e-bay are sold.

But why would you choose to buy from a 3rd party drop shipper site, if you want cheap goods shipped from China then buy direct.

This thread was about Irish Wholesalers, not sites drop shipping tat from Chima.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Maybe try contacting somebody at www.fashioncity.ie to try get a list of wholesalers there?

Advertisement