Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options
  • 10-08-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭

Continuing on the 'Best of' Dublin theme after the Sandwich thread; where is the best proper burger to be had in the City? Not McDonalds/Burger King/Supermacs etc, I'm talking about a proper burger. Jo'burger in Rathmines is probably the best of that type of burger I've had.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Counter Burger on Suffolk Street, absolutely savage burger, custom made exactly how you want it. Nommm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There's a place in the Italian Quarter, some Mexicans afaik. Hope, it's still there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

+1 for Jo'Burger. Savage altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Stop all the silliness - Gourmet Burger out in Ranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Jo'Burger. Nom Nom Nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Stop all the silliness - Gourmet Burger out in Ranelagh

Drove past it the other day, it's closed! Have to say best I've had is the Counter or Jo Burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Jo'Burger for sure. With the sweet potato fries - yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Another vote for Jo'Burger - and in case you hadn't spotted it, they have Jo'Burger Town now on Castlemarket Street :D

Twenty10 wrote: »
    Another vote for Jo'Burger - and in case you hadn't spotted it, they have Jo'Burger Town now on Castlemarket Street :D

Was there a few weeks ago. Tasty. Washed down with their cranberry lemonade, savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Counter Burger on Suffolk Street, absolutely savage burger, custom made exactly how you want it. Nommm!!

Was in the Dundrum one and it was really nice.

Nothing worse than getting a home made burger in a pub and it's a tennis ball shaped ball of mince and they think they're great cos it's big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Cienciano wrote: »
    Was in the Dundrum one and it was really nice.

Nothing worse than getting a home made burger in a pub and it's a tennis ball shaped ball of mince and they think they're great cos it's big.

You mean those, which maybe contain 20% meat, and the rest is breadcrumbs and onions?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

I have had one from JoBurger - i didnt think it was anything special

to make matters worse they have no ketchup

I like the counter, bobos on camden st is nice also

I have had one from JoBurger - i didnt think it was anything special

to make matters worse they have no ketchup

I like the counter, bobos on camden st is nice also

Bobos is nice also. Dont need ketchup for Jo'burger burgers, they have great relish. Try their green curry mayo beef burger. Unbelieveable. Nice atmosphere in there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

JoBurger, BoBo's, Counter is excellent too... I also like GBK's blue cheese burger. The Aussie BBQ is new addition to the scene but has a bit to do.

But here's a surprise... If ever out in Liffey Valley, check out Moo in the food court..... A real burger - it's good too - with unlimited topings such as cart onions and mushrooms served with proper fries and a drink for Big Mac meal money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Jo Burger No. 1

The Counter No. 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ricks is very good also, on the corner of George's street. In terms of "fast food" burgers, Borzas chipper in Sandymount do a "Big B Burger" and a "Millenium Burger" which are huge and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Ricks is very good also, on the corner of George's street. In terms of "fast food" burgers, Borzas chipper in Sandymount do a "Big B Burger" and a "Millenium Burger" which are huge and delicious.

Really? I was in there once and thought it was just a standard chipper with a tricked up US style shopfront. Can't remember what I got but it wasn't that spectacular.

So Jo'Burger is number one after all!

[Jackass] wrote: »

Ricks is a dump and crap burgers. They cater to the drunk 3am burger requirements more than a good burger.

Must try the Counter, never been, may pay it a visit tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Was in the new Bobo's on Dame St. yesterday and enjoyed it. Nice decor, very friendly staff and the burger was delicious. Nice filling and a good crispy bun. The chips were crispy too.

Passenger wrote: »
    Was in the new Bobo's on Dame St. yesterday and enjoyed it. Nice decor, very friendly staff and the burger was delicious. Nice filling and a good crispy bun. The chips were crispy too.

When did that open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Quite like Rick's,real proper mince beef burger,lovely fillings and lovely burger buns.The fish burger that they serve there is also delicious.Just ignore the tacky looking dining area and avoid the place on weekends after 11pm (unless you like annoying drunk people!)

Jo Burger is decent too,but a bit out of the way from the City Centre.Pricey enough too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Another vote for Jo'Burger! I get it in the wrap now as the bun is just too much bread for me! And of course need to leave room for sweet potato fries, washed down with the lemonade.

The Counter is lovely as well, usually get a chicken burger. Best discovery there was beansprouts on the burger, surprising delicious and crunchy!

EDIT: starviewadams, Jo'burger have a new branch in town now, on Castle Market St.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

cson wrote: »
    Really? I was in there once and thought it was just a standard chipper with a tricked up US style shopfront. Can't remember what I got but it wasn't that spectacular.

So Jo'Burger is number one after all!

You were wrong, Ricks has been doing quality no frills burgers for many years longer than all the new 'posh' burgers joints. Similarly, although given little credit Eddie Rockets provided a proper burger option over the more processed ones available at the time when it came along. They both paved the way in Ireland for the plethora of decent options now available.

Of the newer places, GBK and BoBos are up there, but the Counter wins out for me. You can't go far wrong with any of them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

This thread "I'm Lovin' It" .

Ok went to the Counter this evening based on this thread. Really enjoyed it. For me the burger was great but I think Jo'Burger has the edge in the burger department. The sweet potato fries were better than Jo'Burger and the overall service was definitely better also than Jo'Burger.

I will go again. Their lunch deal for a signature burger, fries and drink is great value at €9.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

I love good quality real burgers, love Bobo's, GBK, etc but my bitter sweet favourite is the counter buger in Dundrum, love the food but the service / staff can be very hit and miss and if it is anyway cold or windy outside god love you if they seat you anyway near the door, you will freeze the arse off yourself :mad:

totally off topic, for the last four years we have been to the same campsite in france http://www.aloha-camping.fr/en/index.html the onsite butcher does the most amazing burger ever, he freshly minces the meat infront of you, cooks it the way you want it, his sauces / fillings are dynamite and great value, christ I miss that place already....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sounds like I have got to try out Jo'burger. I hope it's as good as its being cracked up to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya Jo burger is nice just a shame about the hipsters.......

Counter i really liked when i was there i like having loads of different options to pick from makes me feel like im on Man vs food :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Grilled pineapple burger in Eddies does it for me everytime!

Advertisement