Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

45 mins - 1hr at around 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

As above, it can take a while at peak periods so best to have a drink somewhere (like Against the Grain which is across the road) or some other activity and wait for the automated text to inform you that you have 15 minutes to take your seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

We're planning on going to the one on Essex Street - is the waiting time as long there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

factnee wrote: »
    We're planning on going to the one on Essex Street - is the waiting time as long there?

Ooops, I'd no idea they opened a new place! I'm afraid I've only eaten at the Wexford St. place.

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Ooops, I'd no idea they opened a new place! I'm afraid I've only eaten at the Wexford St. place.

Samesies.
    No idea about temple bar one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

factnee wrote: »
    Was waiting about 25 mins at 7 or so on a recent Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

any more word about five guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

They are coming to Dublin?? Amazinggg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    They are coming to Dublin?? Amazinggg:D

looks like..interesting stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

In the last while rents for the type of unit they are looking for have gone nuts seems they are finding it tough to find the right units. I wouldn't be surprised if Belfast happened before Dublin now.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    In the last while rents for the type of unit they are looking for have gone nuts seems they are finding it tough to find the right units. I wouldn't be surprised if Belfast happened before Dublin now.

dublin rents…damn all the greed…maybe they should do a boat on the liffey, sort of like the mv cill airne, a burger boat like…could call it the “five guys’ burger boat” or so…or just wait for the next crash and recession to hit ireland…

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    dublin rents…damn all the greed…maybe they should do a boat on the liffey, sort of like the mv cill airne, a burger boat like…could call it the “five guys’ burger boat” or so…or just wait for the next crash and recession to hit ireland…

That would be pretty cool!

finally made it to jo'burger…nice burger though the meat seemed a tad dry…so for me it’s basically still the counter and bobo’s as dublin’s top burger places…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

Any more news on Five Guys?
    It seems to have been dead and buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Anyone tried Wowburger in the Workmans? Apparently it's good!

http://lovindublin.com/feature/heres-what-we-know-about-workmans-new-burger-joint-so-far

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Anyone tried Wowburger in the Workmans? Apparently it's good!

http://lovindublin.com/feature/heres-what-we-know-about-workmans-new-burger-joint-so-far

Yeah, I was there on sunday. It's pretty nice, big burger, freshly made, pick your own toppings. It's cheap.
    The seating area for the place is in the workman's smoking area which I didn't like.
    If I was going down again, I'd just go in to bison. If I wanted a burger, I'd go to bunsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Market for commercial retail units in the City Centre is supposed to be very very tough at the moment for those looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

I love the sambos in the Ugly Duckling in Epicurean food hall and expected great things from the burger but was left a bit disappointed. The patty was much too big and a bit tough to be honest.

The washer womans in Glasnevin does a fab burger though. Well worth a trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

My favourite was The Chuck Wagon on the old Dublin-Belfast road, Just after the last round-about for swords. Anyone remember it, Is it still there?

They did a Soda bread double sausage double rasher egg and burger......(mouth is watering).

wylie wrote: »
    My favourite was The Chuck Wagon on the old Dublin-Belfast road, Just after the last round-about for swords. Anyone remember it, Is it still there?

They did a Soda bread double sausage double rasher egg and burger......(mouth is watering).

Yeah it's still around. They've had to move up the road a good bit towards Balbriggan due to the road renovations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

cson wrote: »
    Market for commercial retail units in the City Centre is supposed to be very very tough at the moment for those looking.

Well were back to the days of Key money, so they could be looking a while.
    Gone be the era of the pop up restaurant that restarted Jo Mackens enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

I was in Wowburger today. It's not bad but it's not on the same level as high quality places like Bunsen or Jo'burger. It's more of a Supermacs on steroids type place. Reminded me of In'n'out burger in the US.

It's not a very nice place to eat either. Sticky floors, funky smell. It is a smoking area of a very busy bar / club after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Can't go wrong with an XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger :D

Nah, as far as particular to Dublin, the best I've prob had was in the Brock Inn In Finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can't go wrong with an XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger :D

Nah, as far as particular to Dublin, the best I've prob had was in the Brock Inn In Finglas.

The Brock isn't in Finglas...

cson wrote: »

Its gone ridiculous. Three years ago we were having landlords call us asking us to view their places and offering x free months etc now they don't even get back to you as they have people banging the door down over asking without evening viewing the place!

January wrote: »
    The Brock isn't in Finglas...

Wow, my sincerest apologies?

Wow, my sincerest apologies?

No need to be sarcastic about it, just pointing out that it's not in the area you stated it was in case anyone actually wanted to go to it.

January wrote: »
    No need to be sarcastic about it, just pointing out that it's not in the area you stated it was in case anyone actually wanted to go to it.

It would have been better to tell them the area that It Is In, otherwise your comment was really rather pointless.

That is true.

It is on the old n2 road just before the roundabout for junction 2 on the m2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I visited Wowburger in the Workman's Club yesterday. Had the bacon cheeseburger - two juicy patties, cheese and crisp smoky bacon. Really good dirty-style burger for €6.95. Garlic butter chips are insanely good, although probably best avoided on a regular basis!

Advertisement