Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The bun is brioche. Ive no idea who Lucinda O Sullivan is, some kind of burger expert?

The buns are based on an Amish potato roll - at least I remember reading that somewhere once. I haven't been in a while, but I don't recollect them being Brioche buns.

See here for a video about their buns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Weird, they had brioche buns last time I was in there. Maybe I was hallucinating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Its only a burger like :D
    [...]

haha, yeah, but never underestimate the sensual pleasure of eating the perfect burger…it could still totally overwhelm you…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Boxburger in bray has amazing burgers.

Yes I know not in Dublin.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Weird, they had brioche buns last time I was in there. Maybe I was hallucinating

I seriously doubt it. One of their "niche" marketing things, was to ensure they developed a Bun themselves for their burger and using a generic one like everyone else

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Patww79 wrote: »
    I liked it. But take any burger and put hot and sour wing sauce on it: you have a H-Bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

The bun is brioche. Ive no idea who Lucinda O Sullivan is, some kind of burger expert?

Which of the US joints do you think is the best? I think Bunsen stands up well to the dirtyburgers in Five Guys, In'n'out & Shake Shack

She writes for the independent. Okay reviews but she got that one spot on.

As for US burgers, I think In-n-Out and Habit are head and shoulders above all the other chains. Five guys is good but i absolutely detest shake shack, terrible buns again and didn't like the balance of flavours in the burgers.

For "better' high end burgers Burger Bar is the best I've tried anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

bunsen is cat compared to the other providers round town. Its perfect if you're drunk walking out of Whelans but thats its only niche . Your mileage may vary of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

trellheim wrote: »
    bunsen is cat compared to the other providers round town. Its perfect if you're drunk walking out of Whelans but thats its only niche . Your mileage may vary of course.

Just no.

I'll grant you its become a place to be seen but they do a quality quality burger which according to a significant number of people on this thread is the best in Dublin.

So to say its cat is absolute nonsense.

cson wrote: »
    Just no.

I'll grant you its become a place to be seen but they do a quality quality burger which according to a significant number of people on this thread is the best in Dublin.

So to say its cat is absolute nonsense.

It's not really nonsense, by Dublin's incredibly mediocre standards Bunsen is average at best which on a broader perspective makes it awful.

I've just spent 6 months working on and off in Manchester (UK , not NH ! ) and the burger scene over there is fking amazing plus I've been to most joints here. Take the hipster out of Bunsen and you got a decent burger but cat compared to the rest . As I said - your mileage may vary. Who knew.. opinions on the Internet whatever next betty .

Last 3 months " where should we go for a burger.... anything but bunsen... ? " that's currently our thought process

has anyone here ever had one of the heart attack grill’s burgers? any good? not in dublin obviously…

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    has anyone here ever had one of the heart attack grill’s burgers? any good? not in dublin obviously…

Didn't eat there but it was pretty entertaining (or sad) watching people standing on the scales to see if they were big enough to eat for free.

I love the burgers in Bunsen and I like that it's the type of place that you're in and out of quickly because some of the staff are terrible.

I'm not a fan of the burgers in Eddie Rockets but I had one in Rockets in the IFSC and it was lovely. Nothing like anything I've eaten in Eddie Rockets. The chips are really good too.

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    It's not really nonsense, by Dublin's incredibly mediocre standards Bunsen is average at best which on a broader perspective makes it awful.

Which burgers are better than Bunsen in Dublin?

All the rest server overcooked meat with all the focus on the fillings.

Which burgers are better than Bunsen in Dublin?

All the rest server overcooked meat with all the focus on the fillings.

Balfe's as I said in a previous post.
    Fallon and Byrne (granted they do tend to overdo the meat but they still taste better than bunsen)
    Asador
    McDonalds
    Burger King

Anything else I've tried has been poor, Counter being the epitome of a truly bad burger.

Now and again when you get the goo for it, Ricks after a night on the sauce in town is superb, chips are ****e but in a really nice kind of way. Its got that completely overcooked grandads barbecue feel and its lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

For "better' high end burgers Burger Bar is the best I've tried anywhere.

I must have missed this, where is Burger Bar?

McDonalds
    Burger King
    This is just silly.

• Advertisement

sorry, we were talking about American places, its in Las Vegas, one in Hong Kong too.

This is just silly.

Why, because I like McDonalds and Burger King? In all honestly they are closer to what a burger is meant to be than anything you get in other places mentioned.

kinda funny how even a thread about burgers can’t happen without some aggression and a little trolling…and has hitler been mentioned in this one yet? about time for that, too…

Patww79 wrote: »

just sensing some tension in the thread lately…i mean, this is about burgers, not politics or religion or so…and yes, everybody is allowed to like mc donald’s, but nobody has to…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Bunsen and Wowburger have been the two best I've had in Dublin.

Jo Burger is one of the worst I've had, especially on a value for money footing. The bread is terrible for a bun, the burgers themselves are generally not great. Don't even get me started on their sides.

[...]
    Jo Burger is one of the worst I've had, especially on a value for money footing. The bread is terrible for a bun, the burgers themselves are generally not great. Don't even get me started on their sides.

yeah, i found jo’burger’s patty a tad dry…and as you wrote, value for money and all…might give them a second chance, though…

Skip the fries in JB's. Go to JB's in Rathmines, my opinion is its better than the others. Different burger philosophy though to most others but I do love reading the Dandy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Balfe's as I said in a previous post.
    Fallon and Byrne (granted they do tend to overdo the meat but they still taste better than bunsen)
    Asador
    McDonalds
    Burger King

Anything else I've tried has been poor, Counter being the epitome of a truly bad burger.

Can't take you seriously in your assessment of Bunsen when you've those two on your list.

Fwiw when I started this thread I specifically scoped out the mass produced fare you get from your standard fast food corporation.

• Advertisement

A lot of people actively look forward to McD's and BK though so I think a comparison for some has merit.

Advertisement