Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    kinda funny how even a thread about burgers can’t happen without some aggression and a little trolling…and has hitler been mentioned in this one yet? about time for that, too…

When they get to accusations of "pontificating" that's when you know it's time to unfollow the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mod: Folks, more talk about burgers and less worrying about differences of opinion, which are inevitable. Each to their own tastes... Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

has anyone here ever had one of the heart attack grill’s burgers? any good? not in dublin obviously…
    Had one last year. worst burger I've ever tasted, and yes I've had McDonald's in America.

The whole thing was just the novelty of being dressed in a hospital gown, being served by nurses and getting jelly shots in syringes.

----

In-n-out on the other hand are the pinnacle, bunsen is the only place that comes close in Dublin but they're still a bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I really don't get the fanfare for bunsen at all.

Found myself vastly underwhelmed by the burger I got.

For me it's the counter all the way although I've yet to try wowburger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I really don't get the fanfare for bunsen at all.

Found myself vastly underwhelmed by the burger I got.

For me it's the counter all the way although I've yet to try wowburger.

do you like lots of different stuff on your burger? bunsen bit overhyped but people like it as its the best simple burger

don't think simple is fair, it's good quality ingredients no insane ingredients (what i mean by that are like tobacco onions, chilli mince, jalapeños etc.) and most importantly it fits in your hand and mouth without creating spillage.

Steve Jobs once said "If you see a stylus with a phone, they've blown it" I think the same with a burger "If you see a skewer holding it together, they've blown it" many places in Dublin just wedge in all sorts of ingredients in between two buns and bobs your teapot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

This thread is gone a bit repetitive.

Maybe this means I should open a new burger place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

budgemook wrote: »

go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

go for it

I think I'll go for a bunsen/wowburger/jo'burger/counter twist with a dab of some foreign burgers thrown in for good measure (foreign burgers obviously better than ours). "Bwownter'Burger"

Definitely no bobo's though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

I think I'll go for a bunsen/wowburger/jo'burger/counter twist with a dab of some foreign burgers thrown in for good measure (foreign burgers obviously better than ours). "Bwownter'Burger"

Definitely no bobo's though!

"Bwownter'Burger"...okay, i'll be there and have one...

as a newcomer to the thread here's my observation.

there's maybe what 200 places in dublin that do burgers (hell even if it's 300). there are 430 odd posts here, there's about 10 places that are named that are actually any good and know what they're doing. It's inevitable that this thread is going to get repetitive.

Food in based solely on opinions, and like assholes everyone's got one. sit back, relax and everything will be alright :pac:

we won't go there; we don't need another mod warning especially when talking about food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

anyone prefer the counter for number 1?
    Id say bunsen is second

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

I have tried the counter. Excellent service before I start with the bad news. Burger is woefully bad and is very very expensive. Counter is about putting tons of stuff on your burger - but face it folks if the plain burger doesn't measure up what is the point.

Fries = exact same as McDonalds fries ... you have to wonder if its the same supplier. and for 2.50 they can fk right off.

It pains me to say this but even Bunsen is better.

Honourable mention : tried Black Sheep last week and pleasantly surprised at their burger ... not going to win prizes but a good journeyman experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A worthy mention has to go to Soma Burger in liffey valley shopping centre.

It may not be the best but in terms if value for money and 5aste it's top notch imo. In a food court stuffed with McDonald's , Burger King, KFC etc it's hand down the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

In and Out Burger open today as a pop-up in Bread and Bones, Millennium Walk. Only open til 3!

Queue of 40 outside In-and-Out right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Birneybau wrote: »
    In and Out Burger open today as a pop-up in Bread and Bones, Millennium Walk. Only open til 3!

Is this a legit pop-up?
    Signs of them coming here?

Odd that it's only open til 3 too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

It is legit - looks like all the branding is right. Where bread and bones used to be.

trellheim wrote: »
    It is legit - looks like all the branding is right. Where bread and bones used to be.

It's only a one off...so far. Bread and Bones ain't going anywhere.

darn. My work chair is located < 15m from the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

I thought bread and bones was crap

trellheim wrote: »
    Have In and Out ever done this kind of thing before globally?

• Advertisement

F*******K

Advertisement