Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

trellheim wrote: »
    It is legit - looks like all the branding is right. Where bread and bones used to be.

so are they planning to have a real presence in dublin at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I doubt it. I was under the impression that they only had restaurants in California and nowhere else? This was probably a complete one-off, can't believe I missed it :(

Six states, all branches are within drivetime of a distribution centre as they don't have freezers in the branches. I'd be surprised if they opened their first further away from home in Ireland and not, say, New York first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

They did it in London before & they aren't open there either so I'd say it's just a one off.

Fwiw got down there @ 12.25 (1h25m after opening) and the queue was literally mental. Like roughly 500m long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

cson wrote: »
    They did it in London before & they aren't open there either so I'd say it's just a one off.

Who really benefits here and who stumped up to pay for it? (branding / licence if any?
    What benefits are In-n-Out getting if no plans to move here?
    Was this a quick buck earner for Bread and Bones to flog burgers in the morning (I doubt they were imported in... probably just local produce as others have mentioned).
    Interesting arrangement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

I suspect from the points above the poster Birneybau may know more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Queue was mental alri!

Tastes really good and quite cheap ;) was one of the last people to get in. Worth the wait (an hour and summ'n minutes). The demand is quite high so hopefully then plan on franchising here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I suspect from the points above the poster Birneybau may know more.

Nah, just following links online, honest

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

5star02707 wrote: »
    Queue was mental alri!

Tastes really good and quite cheap ;) was one of the last people to get in. Worth the wait (an hour and summ'n minutes). The demand is quite high so hopefully then plan on franchising here ;)

They don't even franchise in the US so it'd be a huge departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

All the waiting staff were apparently promotional models.
    No wonder there were no dodgy looking Chuckle Brothers-a likes with dodgy taches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Am I the only one who thinks the idea people queuing over an hour to get a burger is absolute lunacy?

The world has gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Am I the only one who thinks the idea people queuing over an hour to get a burger is absolute lunacy?

The world has gone mad.

Yeah. I've been to In n Out a few times, it's nice but definitely not worth the hassle.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah. I've been to In n Out a few times, it's nice but definitely not worth the hassle.

have to say i don’t really get the whole in n out hype either…it’s been a while since i was in california and i don’t remember that specific burger chain, wasn’t looking for them anyway…the name only really became known to me through the big lebowski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Honourable mention : tried Black Sheep last week and pleasantly surprised at their burger ... not going to win prizes but a good journeyman experience.
    Black sheep pub is owned by people who also own the "against the grain" pub. Before starting up in dublin they already had some gourmet burger place in maybe Cork or Galway.

What is the cheapest place that people consider a "proper burger"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

rubadub wrote: »
    Black sheep pub is owned by people who also own the "against the grain" pub. Before starting up in dublin they already had some gourmet burger place in maybe Cork or Galway.

What is the cheapest place that people consider a "proper burger"?

I've already mentioned it but I'd say SoMa in liffey valley imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

I've already mentioned it but I'd say SoMa in liffey valley imo.

Was there for lunch today, had a bacon and cheese burger with Cajun fries, delicious, great burger, will be back for more next time I'm in the area.

has anyone had a burger at the avenue? any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    has anyone had a burger at the avenue? any good?

€25??
    I prefer my burger simple, and not too full of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Had an In N Out in Las Vegas, nommmmmmmmmmmmm

Whats that crap all about a pop up In N Out? Dont get it, what were doing differently than say McDonalds, they surely didn't have US beef for starters?? Who was behind it? Why only serve till 3pm? All seems like a lot of nothing, yet loads of loons queuing up.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    €25??

thing is, besides the stupid description it did look pretty simple to me, and not great, patty is too thick and not wide enough for the bun, suffering from "golf ball syndrome" and the slice of tomato can feck right off. Too big a slice of pickle and crappy looking salad instead of crunchy lettuce. Trying its best not to look like a mcdonalds or chipper burger so it can justify the ludicrous price.

The 10oz rib eye with fries is only 50 cent more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

vicwatson wrote:
    Whats that crap all about a pop up In N Out?
    There was an In-N-Out pop up shop in Dublin a few weeks ago.
    Dont get it, what were doing differently than say McDonalds
    They were serving food from the In-N-Out menu (as opposed to McDonalds menu).
    they surely didn't have US beef for starters??
    Probably not - do you eat US beef exclusively?
    Who was behind it?
    In-N-Out.
    Why only serve till 3pm?
    They probably estimated their stock would only last until then (I think it only lasted til around 1PM though).
    All seems like a lot of nothing, yet loads of loons queuing up.
    Did you queue for your In-N-Out burger when you were in Las Vegas?

I doubt he would have joined this queue, but I guess you know exactly what he was talking about. Feigning ignorance to appear smart always backfires very badly...

innout3.jpg

just read some gobshite paid €50 for a wristband to let him buy one.

http://entertainment.ie/life/In-N-Out-Burger-came-to-Dublin-today-and-it-was-momentous/370431.htm

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/american-fast-food-chain-n-6468825

rubadub wrote: »
    I doubt he would have joined this queue, but I guess you know exactly what he was talking about. Feigning ignorance to appear smart always backfires very badly...

I know about the queue, it was discussed here weeks ago. Vic just seems a bit confused and annoyed by the idea of a pop-up shop - possibly due to the fact that he had to go all the way to Vegas to try In-N-Out while plenty of people in Dublin just had to walk out of their office?

It was just a pop-up shop - a very successful one at that - so who cares if you thought the queue was too long? Plenty of other people were clearly happy to wait. Reports on the day suggested everyone liked their burgers. They must be good - after all, Vic just felt compelled to come to this thread and tell us all about the In-N-Out burger he had while on holiday in Vegas. Well done Vic :)

whiskeyman wrote: »
    €25??

yeah well, i reckon you have a point…so the simple answer would have been ‘no’…

Probably not - do you eat US beef exclusively?

Yes, when I'm in America. Not really in n out if it's Irish beef is it? Considering they are a U.S. Chain mostly confined to the south west.

And no I didn't queue, there wasn't one, why does it taste better if you queue for an hour and a half?

I know about the queue, it was discussed here weeks ago. Vic just seems a bit confused and annoyed by the idea of a pop-up shop - possibly due to the fact that he had to go all the way to Vegas to try In-N-Out while plenty of people in Dublin just had to walk out of their office?

It was just a pop-up shop - a very successful one at that - so who cares if you thought the queue was too long? Plenty of other people were clearly happy to wait. Reports on the day suggested everyone liked their burgers. They must be good - after all, Vic just felt compelled to come to this thread and tell us all about the In-N-Out burger he had while on holiday in Vegas. Well done Vic :)

You are feckin hilarious, a real addition to boards. We'd all be lost without your wit.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes, when I'm in America. Not really in n out if it's Irish beef is it? Considering they are a U.S. Chain mostly confined to the south west.
    Five Guys is another US burger chain that have opened franchises across Europe. I visited one in London a few weeks ago - would you not consider the burger I had to be a 'real' Five Guys burger as it was made with British beef instead of US beef?

Same goes for Big Mac's - as McDonald's are a US chain, are the ones made using Irish beef not 'real' Big Mac's?

:rolleyes: :p
    does it taste better if you queue for an hour and a half?

I wouldn't know :)

Five Guys is another US burger chain that have opened franchises across Europe. I visited one in London a few weeks ago - would you not consider the burger I had to be a 'real' Five Guys burger as it was made with British beef instead of US beef?

Same goes for Big Mac's - as McDonald's are a US chain, are the ones made using Irish beef not 'real' Big Mac's?

in n out are an American chain exclusively in the south western part if the USA.

So if you want a real in n out that's the place to go.

Queuing in Dublin for an in n out is the same as queuing for a burger in your local chipper - it aint an in n out.

Pop up fake in n out burger joint, pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There's something pathetic around here alright

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    in n out are an American chain exclusively in the south western part if the USA.

So if you want a real in n out that's the place to go.

Queuing in Dublin for an in n out is the same as queuing for a burger in your local chipper - it aint an in n out.

Pop up fake in n out burger joint, pathetic.

Christ almighty..that has be one of the most stupid statements that I've ever read on Boards - and that's saying something. Well done.

You forgot to answer the question by the way.

Advertisement