Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

I've tried to have a Bunsen burger, but it's always too packed, 45 minutes to be seated last time I went in, no thanks. BoBos is nice enough. Really, they're just burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

went to the “wing’s gourmet burger” place on o'connell street earlier today…thought it was quite nice, and it’s definitely great value for money…i had a basic cheese burger, yet they offer many different sauces and whatnot…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    went to the “wing’s gourmet burger” place on o'connell street earlier tonday…thought it was quite nice, and it’s definitely great value for money…i had a basic cheese burger, yet they offer many different sauces and whatnot…

I got a Groupon for that place just after it opened, not a bad burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got a Groupon for that place just after it opened, not a bad burger!
    I was just going to post to watch out for groupon and similar as its always appearing.

actually there is a live one out now

Choose Between Two Options
    €20 for a burger, fries and wine or beer for two
    €38 for a burger, fries and wine or beer for four

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/wings-gourmet-burger-3?p=8&nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_114&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=ab8fc0e2-2226-40b8-a370-815c9d521bf1_0_20160423&division=dublin&eh=50bf3614b30960a4e3ec24311ddac6679002b06edecd4790efc82c743e4fd682&date=20162304&sender=rm&s=body&c=title&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=wings-gourmet-burger-3-88616007

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

rubadub wrote: »
    I was just going to post to watch out for groupon and similar as its always appearing.
    As an FYI, there's a deal always inside (no voucher needed) that seems to run every week day anyway: Any burger + fries + soft drink for €9.99. Often go there after visiting Cineworld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Not exactly Dublin but box burger in Bray was savage when I went there last week

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

check out the taphouse in ranelagh, some really nice burgers there...and a great place altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ate in this place in Edinburgh last weekend, imo better than anything I've had in Dublin. Their bacon fries were delish
    http://breadmeatsbread.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,142 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Epicentre Burger in East Point D3. My kind of burger. And Wetherspoons Irish burger is very good too.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I'll probably get slated for this, but the Eddie Rockets cheese burger with the extra pattie beats them all hands down. (lot of hate for Eddie Rockets on this site)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'll probably get slated for this, but the Eddie Rockets cheese burger with the extra pattie beats them all hands down. (lot of hate for Eddie Rockets on this site)

I've always enjoyed Eddies.
    It's a lot better than many burgers out there!

yeah, eddie rocket's burgers aren’t bad at all, and i also like the “rocket’s by eddie rocket’s” ones, whatever the exact relationship between the two brands may be…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    yeah, eddie rocket's burgers aren’t bad at all, and i also like the “rocket’s by eddie rocket’s” ones, whatever the exact relationship between the two brands may be…

agree on this I think they're good.

I maybe wrong but as far as I thought was rockets are the exact same as eddies as two eddie rockets owners split over a disagreement one kept the eddie rockets brand and the other split and changed the name of some locations to rockets?

I maybe wrong but as far as I thought was rockets are the exact same as eddies as two eddie rockets owners split over a disagreement one kept the eddie rockets brand and the other split and changed the name of some locations to rockets?

interesting, i thought the “by eddie rocket’s” places are new locations, and the burgers are a tad different, less à la carte somehow…i really like their cheeseburger (at the ifsc place anyway)…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

I thought it was just a fast food version?

I heard it was just that rockets was more like a self service style place like mcdonalds. One opened in dun laoghaire and posters were saying something along those lines.

They clearly say "by eddie rockets" on their site, you would think they would not be allowed if it was an argument and different trade marks (like the hicks butchers fallout)

http://www.rockets.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That's Rockin Joes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

rubadub wrote: »
    I heard it was just that rockets was more like a self service style place like mcdonalds. One opened in dun laoghaire and posters were saying something along those lines.

They clearly say "by eddie rockets" on their site, you would think they would not be allowed if it was an argument and different trade marks (like the hicks butchers fallout)

http://www.rockets.ie/

Same place, just in smaller venues/food court type areas.

It gives them a much smaller menu to offer and doesn't limit them to the booth style seating etc

Same owners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sorry yeah I was mixing it up with Rockin joes

had a heavily customised bison burger at the counter the other day and it was absolutely delicious…not sure if that bison meat makes such a big difference or whether i just got it right somehow…check it out…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

depends on time of day i reckon…often packed but on a day off at 3pm or so you should be grand…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Been a while since this thread.

Tried the new Wow on Parnell St

1. 15 minute wait for food, they are cooking in flights ( for info, you are getting a ticket for your order e.g 62. When yours is ready ( they called 50,51,52,53,54,55 all together, then 56,57,58,59,60 all together, then 60,61,62 etc ) which is REALLY irritating

2. Fries are the usual miniscule Wow size . I could not see this competing with 5 guys who will wipe the floor if they do proper 5 guys size when they enter the market.

3. Burger OK nothing to write home about ,

opinion : for a cost of the guts of 12 quid walk 100 yards to Black Sheep for better burger and better service for the same price ( In the interests of fairness Black Sheep is not bottomless fountain drinks ) . Need to step up the service and the portion sizes.

trellheim wrote: »
    2. Fries are the usual miniscule Wow size . I could not see this competing with 5 guys who will wipe the floor if they do proper 5 guys size when they enter the market.
    You can see plenty of photos of sizes of burgers & chips in online reviews. The smallest five guys chips look about the same or smaller than the wow burger photos. Wow burger are 2.95 and the smallest five guys is 3.50 so its really the 2 that should be compared. I know the large five guys are huge but also a huge price.

This is a dublin photo of what I guess are the 3.50 size fries.

o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anything better than Bunsen? :) Wasn't a fan of Five Guys at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

BuJo in Sandymount is pretty daycent. Their panko pickles are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When 5 Guys first opened, I thought it was pretty poor (and I’d been going to them in the US for years beforehand), but I’ve been a few times recently and thought it was decent.

I like Wowburger, especially their garlic fries. And I’ve been really impressed with the burger in BuJo in Sandymount. Really delicious char taste from the patties. In my view, I’d take either Wow or BuJo over Bunsen now. I still think Bunsen is good, I’d simply give the other two the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Ref the 5Guys fries this is what I'm thinking for a large

five-guys-fries.jpg

What you've posted is less than a small ...

( photo from Internet stock )

My point also is that they( Wow ) don't offer such a thing - it's take it or leave it one size of fries ( yes of course you can buy two )

Also the "all burgers with 5 other orders" really infuriated me - doesn't happen in Bunsen, Bobos or any of the other joints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

trellheim wrote: »
    Ref the 5Guys fries this is what I'm thinking for a large

five-guys-fries.jpg

What you've posted is less than a small ...

( photo from Internet stock )

My point also is that they( Wow ) don't offer such a thing - it's take it or leave it one size of fries ( yes of course you can buy two )

Also the "all burgers with 5 other orders" really infuriated me - doesn't happen in Bunsen, Bobos or any of the other joints.

Is not offering a ridiculous portion of fries, illustrated in the above photo, really a negative?

Fan of wow burger I have to say.

Haven't tried five guys just yet.

Advertisement