Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Real Gourmet in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Grilled pineapple burger in Eddies does it for me everytime!

Eddies? GTFO! Only messing, nothing from Eddies comes close to Jo or the Counter. you can get grilled pineapple at the Counter also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Another one for Counter in Dundrum amazing burger with the options to have it as you like, or to try out new things, second for me is Bobos.

But thirdly another shout for Moo in Liffey Valley food court real burger with good options nice cajun fries and for Mc Donalds prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

sugarman wrote: »
    Don't see Rick's Burgers mentioned, nom nom nom!

You haven't looked very hard :D (Posts 17, 18, 19, 23 and 25 are all about Ricks ;))

I really want a burger now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I had a burger in Eddy Rockets in Walkenstown last week and it was the second most disgusting burger I've ever had.
    Think I've given up on the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Rasher Byrnes in the epicurean food hall did a nice burger. Sadly it has closed down recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

chris85 wrote: »
    Eddies? GTFO! Only messing, nothing from Eddies comes close to Jo or the Counter. you can get grilled pineapple at the Counter also.

you can get grilled fookin anything at the Counter! I was running late so the lads ordered for me, the pricks customised the worst burger ever! My toppings consisted of cranberries, boiled egg, mushrooms and chilli cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

nbar12 wrote: »
    you can get grilled fookin anything at the Counter! I was running late so the lads ordered for me, the pricks customised the worst burger ever! My toppings consisted of cranberries, boiled egg, mushrooms and chilli cheese

Brilliant. Your mistake was trusting the lads! Boiled egg though? Sounds manky!

chris85 wrote: »
    Brilliant. Your mistake was trusting the lads! Boiled egg though? Sounds manky!

yeah I know but it was my first time going so I didn't know you could pick outrageous toppings like that! Honestly, manky doesn't even describe the taste of all those toppings at once! I had to eat the burger on its own they were all so bad! Nice big juicy burger though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Has anyone tried the new gourmet burger joint on Camden St? It's part of The Palace/ Camden Deluxe Hotel. Think it's called Yum.

• Advertisement

wyndham wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new gourmet burger joint on Camden St? It's part of The Palace/ Camden Deluxe Hotel. Think it's called Yum.

yeah, it's not so Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

The Izakaya Burger in Yamamori Izakaya (Georges Street) is really nice

AsianDub wrote: »
    The Izakaya Burger is really nice

The what burger, were is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Just edited my post there to include location.

It's a downstairs Japanese bar on Georges Street.

From their menu:

"Izakaya Burger (teriyaki sauce option). € 5.95. Beef and pork pattie, served in our homemade steamed bread buns with our original burger sauce"

It's not your monster burger you get from the other places mentioned, smaller but nice all the same. They have a deal for a bottle of Japanese beer and burger for a 10er.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

BoBo's

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I quite liked the Great White burger from Aussie BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

McDonalds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

cson wrote: »
    Continuing on the 'Best of' Dublin theme after the Sandwich thread; where is the best proper burger to be had in the City? Not McDonalds/Burger King/Supermacs etc, I'm talking about a proper burger. Jo'burger in Rathmines is probably the best of that type of burger I've had.
    McDonalds

Reading not your strong suit buddy? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Jo'Burger definitely. Will have to try The Counter soon though. [/diet]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

After reading this thread had to go to Ricks as it's been a while. And noticed a new Bobo's on Dame st, don't know if it's open yet but will have to check it out. Looks like it will be bigger than the Wexford st one. It's on the corner across from Citi bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There seems to be a lot of places around with deals on for around €10. I might give the Counter another go now. Tried it when they first opened (years ago, mind) and wasn't terribly impressed. Oh, and aren't they owned by Eddie Rockets? If it's the case, I'm sure their suppliers are the same. Maybe time to stop snobbing Eddie's so! :P (And while I'm at it, I'll plug their M50 burger.)

Does JoBurger have any similar ~€10 meals (i.e. burger + drink and maybe chips)?

And while I remember, Tribeca in Ranelagh do pretty good burgers.

Eddie Rockets is an Irish owned Franchise, The Counter is american, with Ireland being it's first non-american location. Eddie's may have something to do with the franchise, I'm not sure, but taste wise, they are worlds apart.

Eddies is overpriced muck imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

mmcn90 wrote: »
    ...taste wise, they are worlds apart.

Oh, I wouldn't argue with you on that. Compared to places like the Counter, Eddie Rockets is also way overpriced. I guess it's nick named Empty Pockets for a reason. Still, I wouldn't call it "muck"! I sometimes nip in if I'm really stuck. It's not exactly a "destination" burger-joint, unlike the Counter, GBK, or Jo Burger.

I really dislike Eddies, went there recently enough. Never again. Burger had lots of gristle and zero taste. Thats for about €10/11 as part of a meal. Personally, I think I'm getting much better value in any of the 'Gourmet' burger places in Dublin. ie Counter, GBK, Bobos. Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

+1 on the aussie bbq, just down from the bernard shaw. Tucked away nicely . all burgers cooked on a big bbq in front of you and they have double cooked chips with the skin on them that are unreal too. They have a pound burger that takes some finishing! well priced also!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

aodhan2 wrote: »
    +1 on the aussie bbq, just down from the bernard shaw. Tucked away nicely . all burgers cooked on a big bbq in front of you and they have double cooked chips with the skin on them that are unreal too. They have a pound burger that takes some finishing! well priced also!
    Where is it in relation to the Shaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

aodhan2 wrote: »
    Where is it in relation to the Shaw?

If your comin from town in car / taxi and your going to the Shaw. You have to go up wexford st , around by the bleeding horse and follow that road. You take a left turn and it's a small one way street just there beside a gym and veg shop . Can't miss it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I like food and all but have no love for these burger places. They're too thick so have to be cooked for ages leaving them completely dry. Good choice of toppings and good marketing being their only saving grace. Gimme a chipper burger over these any day.

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    I like food and all but have no love for these burger places. They're too thick so have to be cooked for ages leaving them completely dry. Good choice of toppings and good marketing being their only saving grace. Gimme a chipper burger over these any day.

Your nuts :P, chippers burger while they do serve a half three in the morning purpose are generally slop just thrown together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Mr Whirly wrote: »

Medium rare is yer only man

Advertisement