Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Never had the garlic butter fries in Wow but the chilli fries are delish there.

Which Wow are you going to - there are a few branches now but probably the one in the basement of Marys pub on Wicklow St is the best of all of them for atmosphere, plus you can have a pint with your burger as its connected to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

Warper wrote: »
    How is WOW burger??

going there tomorrow so curious also if anyone knows are the garlic butter fires nice or the chilli fries?

Cheers

I was in the one below Marys Bar on Wicklow Street. I had the garlic butter fries, they were very nice (probably more enjoyable than the burger)

The burger itself was ok, not fantastic but it was good. Definitely not as good quality as somewhere like Bunsen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I was in the one below Marys Bar on Wicklow Street. I had the garlic butter fries, they were very nice (probably more enjoyable than the burger)

The burger itself was ok, not fantastic but it was good. Definitely not as good quality as somewhere like Bunsen

Cheers going there tomorrow so ill post after i eat as well

Bobos on Abbey St had a good lunchtime deal burger and chips for a tenner but thats gone now so not worth 15 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Warper wrote:
    Bobos on Abbey St had a good lunchtime deal burger and chips for a tenner but thats gone now so not worth 15 quid

They are always on Groupon or the like 2 for 20. Never paid full price there

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

The WowBurger fries (chili or garlic) are sensational.

A Bunsen cheeseburger plus WowBurger fries would be hard to beat.

Bunsen trumps any other burger I’ve ever had...better than BoBos, Shake Shack, Five Guys, WowBurger, JoBurger, Eddie Rockets, Burger Joint, or any burger I’ve ever had in a 5 star hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fries in wow are excellent however imo the burger is not as good as the quality in Bunsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Back fromWow had the bacon cheeseburger with most of the toppings with Wow sauce. It was nice, nothing sensational but for the price 6.99 was good, i would go back. Burger not as juicy or tasty as Bunsen, you get 2 thin burgers rather than one big burger but ya was decent.

Also had the Chilli fries, these are basically taco fries and are also good without being exceptional. Not easy to taste the chips on their own with taco on them but they looked the same as Bunsen chips.

So ya another good place to grab a burger. Went to the one on Parnell St and the place is nice as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How much is five guys? Few of them over here in Manchester £8.45 for a cheese burger + £3 for small chips.

Feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

RasTa wrote: »
    How much is five guys? Few of them over here in Manchester £8.45 for a cheese burger + £3 for small chips.

Feck that.

5guysdundrum1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

On a side note, what fat content of their mince would be the norm for these burger joints? 10-15%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

On a side note, what fat content of their mince would be the norm for these burger joints? 10-15%?

18% or more, there are plenty of videos of the places, here and in the US. They show the cooking techniques and most are very similar. It is easy enough to replicate them.

Wow burger to not reveal the cuts they use, but he told you in the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

20% is optimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Gave the chilli fries in Wowburger a try after hearing so much about them and being honest I was disappointed in them. I was expecting more of a kick to them. I enjoyed the burger though especially with the hot sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

On the pig's back eatery, Capel st beside the black sheep pub do a great burger. I've tried two, 6oz patty, loadsa onions (cooked) with gouda and the bacon, cheese and ballymaloe, both excellent and their sweet potato fries are savage and a very big serving. Currently have an offer on groupon too.

Having done the rounds, Bunsen is untouchable in my view; it is simply the finest burger I’ve had anywhere in the world.

Having done the rounds, Bunsen is untouchable in my view; it is simply the finest burger I’ve had anywhere in the world.

It's hard argue with that to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

So the fact that they're doing so well that it's hard to get a seat during peak hours is a bad thing for them?

That's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Patww79 wrote: »

Bunsen hardly need to rely on a lovindublin write up to get punters to eat their burgers. It’s busy cause it’s good, and good value. Imagine that. So suggesting it be struck off a list is just stupid to be honest. Or contrary. One or the other.....

They’ve increased the size of the Wexford St one so it’s not so bad now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anytime I've been to Ranelagh it's been empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Anytime I've been to Ranelagh it's been empty.

That end of Ranelagh is a tough place to make a go of a restaurant. Night market across the road has the best Thai food in Dublin by some margin, but always seems quiet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Only had Bunsen once and after the hotel the girlfriend made about it, I was sadly unimpressed.

I'm a fan of wow burger and Pitt bros.

Has anyone tried the chilli shack in stoneybatter? It's fairly decent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Only for wings. They were lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Was in London recently and tried Patty and Bun and it hit me again just how far behind our burgers are. The quality in the UK and in the states is so much higher than here. For the most part it's down to badly cooked meat (invariably always overdone). Bunsen is fairly average but maybe still the best of what's available though I haven't tried wow burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Only had Bunsen once and after the hotel the girlfriend made about it, I was sadly unimpressed.

I'm a fan of wow burger and Pitt bros.

If you're a fan of Pitt Bros for the barbecue stuff generally, try Bison Bar (a few doors from the Workmans pub) - the OH is from Virginia with a lot of family from the south of the US and even she was absolutely raving about the stuff. So much so she brought her parents there when they were in Dublin... and then they were raving about the stuff! You'd probably want to book ahead if you were going after 5pm or so though, on the weekend particularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

sweetie wrote: »
    On the pig's back eatery, Capel st beside the black sheep pub do a great burger. I've tried two, 6oz patty, loadsa onions (cooked) with gouda and the bacon, cheese and ballymaloe, both excellent and their sweet potato fries are savage and a very big serving. Currently have an offer on groupon too.

Going to head in there tomorrow, but that Groupon deal is so bad it's actually funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Given your Username I'll trust you!

Billy86 wrote: »
    If you're a fan of Pitt Bros for the barbecue stuff generally, try Bison Bar (a few doors from the Workmans pub) - the OH is from Virginia with a lot of family from the south of the US and even she was absolutely raving about the stuff. So much so she brought her parents there when they were in Dublin... and then they were raving about the stuff! You'd probably want to book ahead if you were going after 5pm or so though, on the weekend particularly.

I'll look into it. Myself and the girlfriend are always looking for new places to try.

We're trying "on the pigs back" this weekend as someone here said it's in Groupon.

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    Going to head in there tomorrow, but that Groupon deal is so bad it's actually funny.

What's bad about it? Is it a scam? I bought one yesterday and plan to go to the place on Saturday

Advertisement