Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

RasTa wrote: »
    No i'm not, it's minced beef.

Below is ramsay's place in Vegas. as I said it's only an Irish and UK thing. Look at steak tartare, delicious and safe.
    You don't need to go to vegas for steak tartar, I've had it in marco pierre whites on dawson street. Really nice too.
    Bob_Marley wrote: »
    Anyway all this fighting about how well done a burger should be

The real question is . . . what is the general consensus of the thread, what places in Dublin do the best burgers ?
    From reading the whole thread, I'd say Bunsen is probably the highest rated. Needs a poll though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

american meat is a travesty though, so many bad things in the food system over their.

Grass feed is certainly best when it comes to taste, on burgers i get whole cook it through but medium well kills those, their is nothing worse than when burger gets dried out from being too thick or over done.

i used like aussie bbq burgers back in day but dont know what make of them in hindsight, the chips where always lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Pretty sure Irish beef cannot be marketed as grass fed because the cattle spend some part of the year indoors and are often fed with other things during this period. To be grass fed I think it must be grass only feed throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Had Block Burger last night.

Burger was gorgeous.

It's a bit out of the way though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Pretty sure Irish beef cannot be marketed as grass fed because the cattle spend some part of the year indoors and are often fed with other things during this period. To be grass fed I think it must be grass only feed throughout the year.

Nonsense. Dairy Gold is sold as grass fed butter in the US because the vast majority of the cows feed is grass, even when indoors (silage is grass).

There's very few cows anywhere in the world who eat 100% grass. Grains and fodder crops are essential for yield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just had my 5th chilli shack (twice eating in, 3 times delivered) it's amazing. Surely they're gonna expand to the city centre at Some stage?

The poutine you can get there is unreal. I miss living in Stoneybatter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Probably mentioned here already but there's a new (I've never noticed it before) WOW Burger on Wexford Street. Right next door to Eddie Rockets. Nearly facing Bobos and Bunsen. :D

Seems to be turning to the Burger Quarter. Probably for all the students in Aungier Street.

WOW was very busy today with young uns :mad:

I still grabbed a burger and brought it back to work. I thought it was nice. Not amazing but decent. I make a better burger at home myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    The poutine you can get there is unreal. I miss living in Stoneybatter!

I never heard of poutine until I went to he chilli shack. Still haven't tried it but it seems to be very popular there. I'm just too addicted to the chilli burger to try other stuff on the menu :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

in no particular order

ryans in parkgate st

my meat wagon

cafe at glasnevin cemetery

Advertisement