Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

So after all that, what really is the best burger in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

enda1 wrote: »
    So after all that, what really is the best burger in Dublin?

There's no official "best burger". It's subjective, depends on who you ask. For instance, I like Counter and hate GBK. Someone might say the opposite. Was in ricks last week when I was drunk and thought it was amazing. Still never there when sober. Some guy did riverdance in there for entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

probably Jo Burger.

Heard about a place in Dun Laoirghe - little homemade burger bar or something - supposed to be best of the best.

You often get savage burgers in restaurants, as opposed to burger bars. Maybe even better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

JoBurger FTW. GIANT burgers, delicious (and big portions) chips, sweet potato fries, onion rings. Drinks wise, I love the big home made lemonades. Lots of burger options, and the special burger and fries are always unreal.

Cienciano wrote: »
    There's no official "best burger". It's subjective, depends on who you ask. For instance, I like Counter and hate GBK. Someone might say the opposite. Was in ricks last week when I was drunk and thought it was amazing. Still never there when sober. Some guy did riverdance in there for entertainment

Anyone who says GBK, in fairness, loses their right to vote on any culinary issue.

• Advertisement

The best burger I've ever eaten in Dublin was a few weeks ago in the long stone. It was melt in your mouth divine. Would love one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sex on the Farm.... woo hoo. Yes it has to be BoBo's hands down for me. The burgers are simply amazing and their lunch deal for €9.99 is excellent value.
    The Sex on the Farm
    Prime juicy beef burger with iceberg lettuce, tomato, onion,
    Old Dubliner cheddar cheese, smothered with chilli beef
    mince, hot salsa, creme fraiche and jalapeño and roasted
    red pepper mayonnaise,

http://www.bobos.ie/menu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sex on the Farm.... woo hoo. Yes it has to be BoBo's hands down for me. The burgers are simply amazing and their lunch deal for €9.99 is excellent value.

http://www.bobos.ie/menu.html

Bobos is rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Best burger right now (for me) is Bunsen Burger - thinish patties, seasoned nicely and broiled to a nice shade of pink. Incredibly juicy.

The Counter & JoBurger are good, but their burgers are more in the gourmet style (i.e. thick patties) rather than the thin style I prefer.

I actually quite like Eddie Rocket's burgers. Yes they are a bit overcooked (legislation fail) but they aren't oversized hockey pucks of meat and are tasty. I don't quite get all the Eddie-bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 555

budgemook wrote: »
    probably Jo Burger.

Heard about a place in Dun Laoirghe - little homemade burger bar or something - supposed to be best of the best.

You often get savage burgers in restaurants, as opposed to burger bars. Maybe even better.

Real Gourmet Burger on the pavillion in Dunlaoghaire - http://www.realgourmetburger.com/

Frequent visitor and never disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I was very impressed with the burger at Beckett & Bull in Harold's Cross/Rathgar. Lovely tender meat, with smoked applewood cheese melted inside the patty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Bobos! mmmmmm bobos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

555 wrote: »
    Real Gourmet Burger on the pavillion in Dunlaoghaire - http://www.realgourmetburger.com/

Frequent visitor and never disappointed.

Was there last week for the first time. Very poor selection and mediocre burger. The chips were truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Bobo's do a burger with Chorizo, rocket and whipped goat's cheese. Oh sweet lord in heaven!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Bobo's by a mile in my view.

Their €10 lunch deal (cheeseburger plus fried plus Coke) is fantastic.

I go Dubliner plus chili cheese fries.

Their onion rings are also gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

love the pulled pork on top of the burger that the aussie bbq do, chips are nice if bit heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

What makes Ozzie BBQ chips so nice? I'd like to try make them but cant find a recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Jack Kyle wrote: »

Their €10 lunch deal (cheeseburger plus fried plus Coke) is fantastic.

Every burger place should have such a deal imo. Nobody wants to pay more than €10 for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MARTYRYAN

Rustic Stone do a great burger, with polenta fries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Oscars smithfield, double burger...that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭xxerogravity

Used to be a huge Counter fan. Now I think their burgers are vile. I got about 4 really bad burgers in a row there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

What's the consensus on Bunsen Burger on Wexford Street? Gonna try it out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Passenger wrote: »
    What's the consensus on Bunsen Burger on Wexford Street? Gonna try it out this week.

Was in last Sunday, found it very underwhelming.

I've not heard many good reviews, mainly people saying it's overpriced and underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

The size of the burgers in bobos has decreased since it opened originally, wasn't impressed on my last visit. GBK is overpriced muck.

I don't see where all the hate for Eddies, chippers, BK and McDonalds is coming from, they do exactly what they promise, a burger, (although I will concede that eddies is pretty pricey for what it is).

Most (if not all) of these "Gourmet" places just slap on a few fancy sounding toppings and charge stupidly high prices for what is essentially ground beef and bread. I'm going to have to accuse people of being food hipsters here, own up if you've ever taken a photo of your food for instagramming or otherwise!

So you're a "food hipster" if you like "fancy sounding toppings" on your burger? I'll agree that GBK is absolute ****e, but the likes of JoBurger and The Counter do quality meat, bread, sides and toppings. A burger doesn't have to be a simple pleasure, you can make a meal out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

It's not the liking of whatever topping you may or may not be into, it's the dismissal of certain franchises that do not provide non standard toppings, or use pre-made burgers rather than making them on the premises. I will stand firmly by my instagram comment, you instantly get issued the hipster card for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Bunsen Burger by a country mile. Many here will complain cause they only do "In and Out" style toppings but the quality of the beef, the fact that they ask you how'd you like it cooked and properly do it to your specifications and pretty much execute the perfect example of the classic American Hamburger, make this the best in town imo.

Honorable Mention

Ely Gastropub
    Joburger (decent)

In general (as a non Irish person) I do notice that Irish people seem to place an awful lot of importance in perceived bells and whistles (fancy sounding toppings, amount of sauce, portion size, gimmick etc etc) Bunsen Burger is a place that does one thing and one thing well- there is a tradition of that in America but I don;t think it plays particularly well here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I wouldn't eat any burgers that aren't cooked all the way through, fact is if it's not you are eating e coli.

• Advertisement

If the meat is minced onsite then it's fine. Plenty of countries eat raw beef and you wont die if it's prepared in the correct environment.

Advertisement