Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

Inbox wrote: »
    I wouldn't eat any burgers that aren't cooked all the way through, fact is if it's not you are eating e coli.

I wouldn't agree fully with that, if the meat is freshly ground that day and properly stored there should be no problem with a medium burger, even pork can be served medium but has the stigmatism that you will get sick if you don't cook it fully through. That being said I also prefer burgers to be cooked through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I always order a burger rare if it will be served as such. I love the texture in particular. Hate overcooked dry crumbly burgers.

Macari's in Blackrock, on Newtownpark avenue. Can't beat a 1/2 pounder from there! :D

I wouldn't eat any burgers that aren't cooked all the way through, fact is if it's not you are eating e coli.

Except that's not a fact at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Most Americans eat Burgers (even horrible, crappy ones) at medium rare/ medium. If what you are saying were true- American hospitals would be overwhelmed w/ non-stop e-coli cases. They aren't. You are just spouting off British health and safety, nanny state nonsense that unfortunately has seeped over to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

enda1 wrote: »
    If the meat is minced onsite then it's fine. Plenty of countries eat raw beef and you wont die if it's prepared in the correct environment.

The auld Cannibaal sandwich in Belgium is minced in front of you and I've had loads of them. Bloody gorgeous and totally fine to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I wouldn't risk it, my mother says that all the meat that she tests shows up with e coli.

joeperry wrote: »
    I wouldn't risk it, my mother says that all the meat that she tests shows up with e coli.

Well if she says so... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

joeperry wrote: »

Live a little!

Go on, I promise I won't tell your Mam! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Gourmet Burger, nothing can top it for me. I only really like gourmet burger burgers.

Tried Jo burger and bobo's....wasn't mad on either. :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

maguic24 wrote: »
    Gourmet Burger, nothing can top it for me. I only really like gourmet burger burgers.

Tried Jo burger and bobo's....wasn't mad on either. :-/

please don't tell me you're talking about GBK? worst burger in Dublin. Way too overpriced for what it is. Their service sucks too

I wish more places in Dublin had cheaper side dishes with burgers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I quite like Rick's burgers on dame st....not very fancy or anything like that but my god they're tasty.

chopper6 wrote: »
    I quite like Rick's burgers on dame st....not very fancy or anything like that but my god they're tasty.

I've never actually tried them sober - I'd say it's a drunken reaction though to be fair.

I've never actually tried them sober - I'd say it's a drunken reaction though to be fair.

I've eaten them sober more often than drunk...they sort of remind me of the taste of a whopper only with more and better meat.

EyeSight wrote: »
    please don't tell me you're talking about GBK? worst burger in Dublin. Way too overpriced for what it is. Their service sucks too

I wish more places in Dublin had cheaper side dishes with burgers

Yeah I am...get that reaction a lot.:P I don't know, I really like it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

Tried out Bunsen at the weekend and wasn't disappointed. Reckon it's the best burger I've had in Dublin (skinny chips were great too). Wouldn't call it overpriced - a burger from Eddie's or Bobo's will cost around the same or more - just because it doesn't have guacamole and brie on it doesn't mean it's not worth as much. Even BK or McD's burgers are the best part of a fiver these days.

MickeyD wrote: »
    Tried out Bunsen at the weekend and wasn't disappointed. Reckon it's the best burger I've had in Dublin (skinny chips were great too). Wouldn't call it overpriced - a burger from Eddie's or Bobo's will cost around the same or more - just because it doesn't have guacamole and brie on it doesn't mean it's not worth as much. Even BK or McD's burgers are the best part of a fiver these days.

I'm sorry but Guacamole and Brie have no place on a burger.

Its like putting chocolate on a hotdog.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭xxerogravity

Ive eaten them both sober and drunk. They're very average, if even. They are better than the competition on a drunken night out at 3am though, and that's probably where they get their recommendations from.

chopper6 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Guacamole and Brie have no place on a burger.

Its like putting chocolate on a hotdog.

Guacamole on a grilled chicken burger - delicious!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Except that's not a fact at all.

Ecoli is rampant in all slaughterhouses as cattle defecate everywhere. Then generally gets on surface of meat.

If you don't mince the meat and cook the outside it is killed off.

If you mince the meat then the outside is the inside and the ecoli isn't killed off. Any food safety information tells you to cook minced meat right through. It being minced in the premises or the cut of the meat makes no difference at at all to the risk. It doesn't have to be cooked to brown, but needs to be at least 100c or so in the centre for a couple of mins. So slightly pink at worst.

Where is your information that it isn't a fact coming from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Ricks on Dame Street :D

I've heard the Bunsen Burger on Camdem Street is quality too, though I went in at 12:15 one day with a couple guys from work and they asked us to leave because they weren't open until 12:30... :confused:

EDIT: Oh an I've had Bobo's, was tasty too, but I would prefer a Ricks any day!

copacetic wrote: »
    Ecoli is rampant in all slaughterhouses as cattle defecate everywhere. Then generally gets on surface of meat.

If you mince the meat then the outside is the inside and the ecoli isn't killed off. Any food safety information tells you to cook minced meat right through. It being minced in the premises or the cut of the meat makes no difference at at all to the risk. It doesn't have to be cooked to brown, but needs to be at least 100c or so in the centre for a couple of mins. So slightly pink at worst.

Here you go

E.Coli in about 2.7% of samples they tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

You clearly know very little about food safety.

Again. Nearly all Americans eat burgers that are medium rare/ medium and aren't cooked in the centre to anywhere near 100c (which is ridiculously over the 75C that even the FSA and British/ Australian Food authorities recommend.) If ecoli in burgers is so dangerous why aren't millions of Americans dying of ecoli instead of stupid Middle Eastern Wars/ gun nut rampages and cancer... Show me the bodies!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Bunsen is very good.

Counter's also very good. Hot wing sauce is lovely on a burger.

However, for me BoBo's is the clear winner.

I'm not a big fan of GBK or Jo'Burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

SolitaireX wrote: »
    It's not the liking of whatever topping you may or may not be into, it's the dismissal of certain franchises that do not provide non standard toppings, or use pre-made burgers rather than making them on the premises. I will stand firmly by my instagram comment, you instantly get issued the hipster card for it.

I'm sorry but your talking out your arse, there is a huge difference between a Mc Donalds burger and say The Counter.

Mc Donalds is processed shiite basically you couldn't pay me to eat it. Were as I can go into the counter order a burger in a bowl pick my own toppings get quality beef burger and avoid simple carbs.

Wanting to eat nice food and eating crap like some the bigger chains throw out does not make someone a hipster.

You instantly get issued the moron card for making such a statement ;).

Plus the word hipster is becoming a bit mundane really anyone and everyone loves to throw that word around at everything these days, and I'm sorry instagram is probably the most unhipster thing one could possibly do ;).

drquirky wrote: »
    You clearly know very little about food safety.

Again. Nearly all Americans eat burgers that are medium rare/ medium and aren't cooked in the centre to anywhere near 100c (which is ridiculously over the 75C that even the FSA and British/ Australian Food authorities recommend.) If ecoli in burgers is so dangerous why aren't millions of Americans dying of ecoli instead of stupid Middle Eastern Wars/ gun nut rampages and cancer... Show me the bodies!!!

It's food poisoning, not poisoning. It doesn't kill you unless you already have really compromised or weak immune system, kids, elderly, pregnant are at reasonable risk.

Still most people don't want food poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Aussie BBQ is good.
    The Outback is tasty as anything. The Pulled Pork sandwich is delicious too.
    And they're fries are awesome (would't want them too often though, some amount of salt I reckon)

I was at GBK a few weeks ago, and yeah it was good. Got the Habanero one, plenty of heat off it.

A friend recommended Bunsen, so I'll have to give that a go soon

Here you go

E.Coli in about 2.7% of samples they tested.

So your 'facts' for not having to cook mince through is a Fsai document that recommends that you cook all once once through to at least 75c for two mins in the centre? Grand so.

So your 'facts' for not having to cook mince through is a Fsai document that recommends that you cook all once once through to at least 75c for two mins in the centre? Grand so.

Did you actually read the article? It would appear not.
    The report is about pre prepared store bought minced meat and beef burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Aussie BBQ is good.
    The Outback is tasty as anything. The Pulled Pork sandwich is delicious too.
    And they're fries are awesome (would't want them too often though, some amount of salt I reckon)

I was at GBK a few weeks ago, and yeah it was good. Got the Habanero one, plenty of heat off it.

A friend recommended Bunsen, so I'll have to give that a go soon

Have to admit Aussie BBQ is nice.

The Great White is almost too big, I looked like a 4 year old trying to eat mine, all over the place! :pac:

Although their chips aren't great, and their drinks suck.. they pour you a cup out of a 2 litre bottle... cheapy crap too.

Also the girl at the cash register could do with smiling every now and then...

Advertisement