Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

The Counter is my choice. Great meat. Great toppings. They've sadly stopped the 10 euro meal deal. So I've resorted to tap water and sneaking in some Walkers' French Fries. They've changed the menu a bit. Now, the toppings are all free apart from the posh ones which are now 1 euro rather than 50c.
    Bunsen I went to recently and I was sort-of-disappointed. I thought it was nice but it tasted exactly the sort of burger my mam. makes at home. No exoticism, plain toppings. It was average. The chips were boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

[...]
    Bunsen I went to recently and I was sort-of-disappointed. I thought it was nice but it tasted exactly the sort of burger my mam. makes at home. No exoticism, plain toppings. It was average. The chips were boring.

had a bunsen cheeseburger today and can basically confirm that…a nice, juicy and totally grand burger, nothing wrong with it at all, yet no exoticism and all in all a tad plain and basic, sort of the way i would make a cheeseburger at home…had “shoestring” fries with it and found them okay…
    anyone know what their “paleo” options are? wonder how they imagine a paleolithic burger…no cheese obviously…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Paleo in Bunsen is just where they wrap the burger up in iceberg lettuce.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

On a similar note, they're expanding to Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I have to say, Gotham in Stillorgan do a Moroccan Lamb Burger that is mouth-watering; tender, flavoursome, always good.

• Advertisement

On a similar note, they're expanding to Temple Bar.

wise business decision i’d say, perfect grub after a few pints around midnight…presuming they do longer opening hours there…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

katemarch wrote: »
    I have to say, Gotham in Stillorgan do a Moroccan Lamb Burger that is mouth-watering; tender, flavoursome, always good.

I've had it in Stillorgan and South Anne Street and they were equally amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Sugar Free wrote: »
    I've had it in Stillorgan and South Anne Street and they were equally amazing!

They also own the independent pizza company in Drumcondra, which is still one of the best pizza places in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Beeftro balfe street. Amazing food, had the chilli cheese burger and was very impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

hfallada wrote: »
    They also own the independent pizza company in Drumcondra, which is still one of the best pizza places in Dublin.
    I have always considered Independent Pizza company to be bland. My opinion of course

• Advertisement

I have always considered Independent Pizza company to be bland. My opinion of course

yeah, i used to think their pizza was okay yet in no way spectacularly good or anything...but spectacularly good pizza is something i haven’t found in dublin to this day...will have to check if there is a “best pizza in dublin” thread around here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    yeah, i used to think their pizza was okay yet in no way spectacularly good or anything...but spectacularly good pizza is something i haven’t found in dublin to this day...will have to check if there is a “best pizza in dublin” thread around here...

Paulie's pizza, Bath Avenue, Dublin 4.

Best pizza in Dublin.

Luke92 wrote: »
    Paulie's pizza, Bath Avenue, Dublin 4.

Best pizza in Dublin.

ok, will have to check it out...benchmark is a pizza i had in sorrento, southern italy, back in 1988...

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    ok, will have to check it out...benchmark is a pizza i had in sorrento, southern italy, back in 1988...

Off topic, but good god that must be a high benchmark you have!

Luke92 wrote: »
    Off topic, but good god that must be a high benchmark you have!

haha, yeah, more like a faint memory after all the years....pizza down there has defined pizza for me in this life...just like a cheeseburger i had in 1989 at some greasy little shop near buffalo’s bus depot that sort of defined my taste in burgers...would be interesting to try again today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Ginzo

Bunsen for me every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Bunsen and Counter for me!

i’d say the counter is my favorite dublin burger place so far...though i still have to try some of the recommendations here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

Definitely Bunsen, but want to try Counter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm not a burger fan but I love Counter burgers like how you can even get a bit of chilli thrown in too! Going to try Jo'burger next see what thats like.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Tried Jo Burger in Rathmines a few months ago, big let down, nothing special about the burger I thought (aside from the fact the whole thing was just awkwardly oversized).

Keep meaning to try Bunsen but something always comes up!

Just cause I haven't spotted it in here yet, the 108 in Rathgar does a fantastic steak burger. On nights they have football on they do a special, €10 for a burger meal and a pint of Galway Bay beer (choice of 3 and they'll give you a tasting tray if you're unsure), highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

was in jo'burger in Smithfield the weekend before last...was alright, nothing special for the price.
    Would prefer bobo's over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

retalivity wrote: »
    was in jo'burger in Smithfield the weekend before last...was alright, nothing special for the price.
    Would prefer bobo's over it.

Agreed! And Smithfield one seems to have less buzz/busyness than one in town too.
    And unfortunately they have a bit of local competition for burgers - Oscars do a rather fine one, as do L Mulligans.

Despite that, have called in a few times for their lamb burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

All the talk of burgers in Smithfield and no mention of Generator!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Idaho Ver. 3

When is Five Guys opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

All the talk of burgers in Smithfield and no mention of Generator!

The hostel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

When is Five Guys opening?

Just what I was wondering. We haven't even been told where in Dublin, have we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Mr.S wrote: »
    Third person to mention them this week, must try!

Bunsen is lovely, but just a bit too..sloppy :(

Seemingly Generator voted 3rd best burger in Dublin recently. You also have My Meat wagon and Bel cibo do a good burger at a decent price.

Advertisement