Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yep the hostel.

I may be biased but I actually work in the kitchen there so I no the food is very good and Is only going to improve!

The head chef has done a great job with the burger everything from the sauce to the bun is his own recipe.

Pop in if I'm there I'll make sure your all looked after! Just look for the tall dark handsome lad in chefs gear ha :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If Generator have a restaurant they need to market it better! I walk through Smithfield all the time and have had people mention the hostel to me, but never realised they serve food.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Forgot how good My Meat Wagon's burger is. Usually get the boards, but the burger is awesome.
    Must check out Generator. They've a sign out now about their craft beers and bar bites - too much choice in Smithfield!

Ya there's a lot in Smithfield it's become one those areas.

Generator has so much going on in there every week but ya the food needs to be advertised a bit more it's something I'm going to mention.

They have the cafe that does lunch till bout 3 then main opens soon after.

The hours will be changing in the next week or two though as most people looking for food want the bar bites menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Aard wrote: »
    If Generator have a restaurant they need to market it better! I walk through Smithfield all the time and have had people mention the hostel to me, but never realised they serve food.

I cycle through Smithfield and work just up the road and have never heard of this place.. I even drink in The Cobblestone, never heard of Generator.

• Advertisement

I cycle through Smithfield and work just up the road and have never heard of this place.. I even drink in The Cobblestone, never heard of Generator.

I was only in it once before I worked there I would never of heard of it if mate wasn't working there.

Seems to be attracting a lot of people lately though. They get a lot of events. Have the Smithfield market every month as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I was only in it once before I worked there I would never of heard of it if mate wasn't working there.

Seems to be attracting a lot of people lately though. They get a lot of events. Have the Smithfield market every month as well.

I often passed it but never would have thought to go in there for a drink or food. On my travels I stayed in a lot of hostels, and nobody other than backpackers (and the occasional drug dealer) ever seemed to venture in to them. I wouldn't have ever thought of a hostel as a place to go for a feed if I wasn't staying there. I'll have to add it to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Its a pity all you knowledgeable Burger posters, didn't give the address / location of these Burger-Eateries. It would be v.helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Its a pity all you knowledgeable Burger posters, didn't give the address / location of these Burger-Eateries. It would be v.helpful.

easy enough to find online i’d reckon…good point anyway…bunsen is 36 wexford street in d2…where exactly are all those burger shops in smithfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    easy enough to find online i’d reckon…good point anyway…bunsen is 36 wexford street in d2…where exactly are all those burger shops in smithfield?

Well generator is right in front of the Smithfield luas stop next door to the jameson building. It has big sign outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I quite like Bobo 's burgers. I tried Bunsen recently and was really, really disappointed :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Isolt wrote: »
    I quite like Bobo 's burgers. I tried Bunsen recently and was really, really disappointed :(

Not surprising if you like Bobos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I tried Bunsen at the weekend, it was ok I thought, I didn't really like the bun, everything else was nice
    The thing the I really didn't like was the table service, it just dosent fit, it's still only a burger and chips,
    I love the pitt bros method where you decide what you want then pay and then leave when you want,
    Sitting waiting for a bill to be brought to the table was a bit weird after a burger,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Quality of Bunsen for the price is something I think needs to be mentioned too - certainly vs the likes of Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

The burger in Ugly Ducking, George's Arcade/Epicurean Food Hall is marvellous.
    Simple, but with mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickle, cheese, and a giant pile of chips for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

cson wrote: »
    Quality of Bunsen for the price is something I think needs to be mentioned too - certainly vs the likes of Eddie Rockets.

How much?

Eddies give you a classic burger, fries and drink for just under a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Barcelona has ruined my Bunsen experience. Now they just taste dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Endthescam wrote: »
    Not surprising if you like Bobos.

Bobos is basically like the burgers my mother used to make, not in a good way, bit of mince and onion into the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

RasTa wrote: »
    Barcelona has ruined my Bunsen experience. Now they just taste dry.

?

What way do you ask for the burgers to be done?
    I ask medium, and the juiciness is gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

whiskeyman wrote: »
    ?

What way do you ask for the burgers to be done?
    I ask medium, and the juiciness is gorgeous!

Medium or Medium rare. The ones in barca didn't even come with Ketchup and were pissing out juicy goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The burger in Ugly Ducking, George's Arcade/Epicurean Food Hall is marvellous.
    Simple, but with mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickle, cheese, and a giant pile of chips for a tenner.

Can't agree more, it really is a quality burger with a giant pile of chips. You really can't get better value for money for a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I like the burgers from Wings on O'Connell St. Good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

noodler wrote: »
    How much?

Eddies give you a classic burger, fries and drink for just under a tenner.

http://www.bunsen.ie/menus/

About €12 for the equivalent, which is a far far superior offering to ER's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Patww79 wrote: »

nope.
    You go in and if there's no free tables (highly likely if peak time!) they take you're name and number and will text you once your table is ready.
    They'll also send you a link to let you know where in the queue you are.
    They may take bookings for larger numbers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

RasTa wrote: »
    Medium or Medium rare. The ones in barca didn't even come with Ketchup and were pissing out juicy goodness.
    They should use that as their advertising slogan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

finally managed to check out the meat wagon place in smithfield…not bad at all, yet also a tad bland, sort of like a good home-made burger, very few options…good fries…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You simply cannot compare Eddie Rockets to Bunsen.

Save up your pennies and rob a granny if you need to, but spend the extra fiver to go to bunsen ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I got the cheeseburger in Luna under Super Miss Sue on Drury street.
    Best burger I've had in ages. Not cheap though.

http://www.supermisssue.com/luna-temporary-steakhouse.html

Advertisement