Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Admit it. You've all wanted to do this...

• 10-08-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭

You know the feeling. You've just gotten to the airport to go home and you've had a few and all you want to do is get onto the plane and sleep.

But there's a nice flat luggage belt looking nice and comfy right over there behind the check-in girls. They're cute and smiling and look like they won't mind.

Plus you're Norwegian - no one ever accuses the Norwegians of being drunk and doing silly things while in foreign countries - what's the worst that could happen...?
    A Norwegian tourist has been caught on X-ray sleeping on a moving baggage belt at Rome's Fiumicino airport.

The unnamed 36 year-old man reportedly climbed over one of the check-in desks and fell asleep on the belt that takes luggage to be loaded on to planes.

When the belt started moving, he travelled for around 50m curled up in the foetal position.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19206924

(Hope I haven't quoted too much of the article...)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The prices for alcoholic drinks are sky high in Norway, can't really blame the lad ;)

But I could be worse, like causing a riot or getting sick in the middle of the airport :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I've never wanted to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,874 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Good job it wasn't Ryanair...they'd have charged him a tenner for not booking it online...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The x-ray pic should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Maybe he couldn't a-fjord the fare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I bloody well have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

News just in. Man travels 50m on a luggage carousel. Spread the word everybody. The world will never be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Yes you have, everyone has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Knex. wrote: »
    I bloody well have.

Sure beats sleeping on those damned airport chairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I really don't think this is a laughing matter! Imagine how embarrassing this is for the man: his name dragged through the media, and people all over the world laughing at him.

He's going to be left with some serious baggage after this.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

At least he wasn't in the fecal position.
    The sh!t would hit the fan then. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The younger myself once to a ferry to France from Dover rather 'merry' - we decided it would be great laugh to surf the luggage belt as there was no-one around.

We walked round through into security and they asked to see the soles of our feet, and told us they knew we had been surfing the belt as we had 'stains' on them. Confused the fck out of us. The penny dropped when we sobered up and realised they had seen us on CCTV.

Well played lads, well played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

He was loaded.

Thankfully he wasnt loaded onto the plane

Lucky I wasn't there collecting my bags. My luggage bag looks uncannily like a sleeping Norwegian drunk and chance are I would have picked him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Well it's definitely the worst thing to happen to a norwegian in the last year anyway. Definitely news worthy too.

MadsL wrote: »
    The younger myself once to a ferry to France from Dover rather 'merry' - we decided it would be great laugh to surf the luggage belt as there was no-one around.

Where you still merry when you wrote this part? :pac:

Well it's definitely the worst thing to happen to a norwegian in the last year anyway. Definitely news worthy too.

Well you've enlightened this thread no end...

Knex. wrote: »
    Well you've enlightened this thread no end...

Read his username.:D

Goro wrote: »
    Read his username.:D

Touché. :D

Advertisement