Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ligue 1 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

New name for them: Banjaccio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Phiippe Auclair via Twitter:
    Back on twitter with not very good news for Gourcuff (knee sprain), out 'for 6 to 12 weeks'. A pity - started the reason really well.

Obviously that should say season and not reason. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gignac (:pac:) scored the winner for Marseille away to Montpeiller earlier.

Big game for PSG later on today, up against in form Bordeaux. Think it's on ESPN, KO 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just turning it on now, happy to see PSG are not winning this week either. Hopefully Bordeaux can hold out for at least a point.

Did someone die? The atmosphere is very bad.

The atmosphere at the Parc des Princes has notoriously been always terrible for as long as I remember anyway. If the owner wanted to buy a club with the best atmosphere, PSG would have been their last choice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It's pretty amusing how badly the whole PSG project is going so far. Really didn't expect such a mediocre start to the season from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

-Ade- wrote: »
    The atmosphere at the Parc des Princes has notoriously been always terrible for as long as I remember anyway. If the owner wanted to buy a club with the best atmosphere, PSG would have been their last choice.
    Paris as a city is hugely indifferent to soccer in general.

I think this shower might be the ultimate in plastic clubs. I wish them nothing but ill fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Don't usually watch much of ligue 1 but the atmosphere at tonights PSG game is really dull.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was there many moons ago, it was dead. Anelka and Laurent Robert scored the goals in a victory over Sedan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I was expecting it to pick up a bit considering the team that have and the possible success it could bring. Guess I was wrong :o.

3 games, 3 draws. Great start. @ Lille next week will be a good one.

Melion wrote: »
    I was there many moons ago, it was dead. Anelka and Laurent Robert scored the goals in a victory over Sedan.

Got to see them play Toulouse back in 2007 at the Parc de Princes, they lost 2-1 that day. Elmander scored a brace and Pauleta scored a consolation right at the death. Been to a lot of grounds but the atmosphere was arguably the worst of any home team I've witnessed live. Think it was in the opening few minutes, Pauleta miscontrolled the ball and it ran out for a throw in. The boos were something fierce :pac: , was like that throughout. The fan support (before the band wagoners) have always been fairly split too, and their Ultras there quite notorious in Europe at least.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I was expecting it to pick up a bit considering the team that have and the possible success it could bring. Guess I was wrong :o.

3 games, 3 draws. Great start. @ Lille next week will be a good one.

Yeah, that's no given that's for sure. Lille themselves have drawn their opening two games also. Though Champions League qualifiers will play it's part possibly with Lille needing to over turn a 1-0 deficit at home this Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

How long is this ?

Because before Colony came PSG always had an amazing atmosphere at games, their Ultras were easily up there with Marseille and St Etienne.

It's only been a few years like this, when all of them got banned after the death of a PSG fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Despite the poor start, i still can only see PSG winning the title. They'll soon click and run away with it. The only team i can really see challenging them is Lille. Montpellier won't be challenging imo. Last year was just a one off. I'd be surprised if they even finished in the Champions League placings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Got to see them play Toulouse back in 2007 at the Parc de Princes, they lost 2-1 that day. Elmander scored a brace and Pauleta scored a consolation right at the death. Been to a lot of grounds but the atmosphere was arguably the worst of any home team I've witnessed live. Think it was in the opening few minutes, Pauleta miscontrolled the ball and it ran out for a throw in. The boos were something fierce :pac: , was like that throughout. The fan support (before the band wagoners) have always been fairly split too, and their Ultras there quite notorious in Europe at least.

I forgot to mention their Ultras who did make quite a lot of noise. But they were behind the opposite goal to me so couldnt really appreciate it properly. Saying a lot that the week after that game i went to a CL qualifier in Munich, 1860 lost to Leeds and it was still one of the best atmospheres ive experienced.

• Advertisement

Another loss for the defending champions Montpeiller at home to leaders Marseille. Funny how Deschamps leaves, and they are doing well again ;) Still can't believe Gignac did something useful though.

Some great saves from Landreau for Lille. Save at 1.22 in particular.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    How long is this ?

Because before Colony came PSG always had an amazing atmosphere at games, their Ultras were easily up there with Marseille and St Etienne.

It's only been a few years like this, when all of them got banned after the death of a PSG fan.

Last decade or so. FFW (English Ligue 1 site) made mention of it in a piece I read last season. I'm sure their away support is alright like most clubs.

I know of Marseille and St. Etienne's supporters being great, Lille's was pretty good in their old ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Pierre Aubameyang looks a real prospect. He'll make a move to bigger club soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Last decade or so. FFW (English Ligue 1 site) made mention of it in a piece I read last season. I'm sure their away support is alright like most clubs.

I know of Marseille and St. Etienne's supporters being great, Lille's was pretty good in their old ground.

Weird, I've been a few times when their Ultras were still present and every time the atmosphere was cracking.

Attendances were not always that good, true, but still.

PSG get their first win of the season. A couple of nice goals from them from who else but Ibra against Lille.

Ditto Montpeiller. Belhanda returned finally after suspension and helped them to the win with a goal.

Gignac :eek: Showing signs of the player he was a few years ago for Toulouse.

Great seeing Giuly roll back the years :D Always liked him for Monaco and Barca. Alain Traore who I said was a great signing for Lorient :) is doing well there too. Really can see him being snapped up by a Lyon, Lille or Marseille in a year or two.

• Advertisement

Only just copped on that Montpellier lost again yesterday, not just lost but were beaten soundly by Reims!
    Shocking start to the season for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Am I the only one who has a skype number beside the title of this thread?

Am I the only one who has a skype number beside the title of this thread?

No idea why it shows up on this thread. Might have to look at my Skype settings later.

____

Alain Traore has scored two fantastic goals in the Brittany derby on atm between Lorient and Rennes. Said a couple times here and on Twitter, he'll be playing for a big club soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Only just copped on that Montpellier lost again yesterday, not just lost but were beaten soundly by Reims!
    Shocking start to the season for them.

It is not just the fact they are losing, it is the manner at which they seem to be accepting the losses.

The fight and teamwork of last season seems to be forgotten, and they are playing like a team that is expecting to go behind. French media seems to have rumours of some serious divides in the dressing room, and so far this season it has really looked that way on the pitch. Might not be a good time for them to come up against a confident Arsenal team.

Surprised by Rennes start to the season as well. Expected them to be in the top half by this stage.

Lorient have looked like the team Montpelier were last season and look nothing like the team that avoided relegation by a point last season. Very early doors of course but they do seem to have a team ethic to them so far this season, and they are closing down teams very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Traore's two goals were incredible :eek:

€5m for him seems like a steel so far this season.

Gotta love a keeper scoring in the dying seconds :) Toulouse keeper Ahamada scores to draw the game 2-2 in the 94 minute of the match. Fine header must be said.

Montpellier couldn't really be more different this season. Watching their game with Evian at the moment and they look very poor altogether.

Beaten 3-2 at home, they had so many chances to win it. Really missing Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Nobody televising Marseille v PSG tomorrow? Pity, I'd love to see it.

There are some huge games on tomorrow though all over europe, including Milan derby and El Classico that are always going to be shown, so not surprising I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If anyone does get a stream for OM/PSG recipe for Parisian omelettes, can you PM it over?

I'll PM a recipe in a bit.

d9153be7aa7e9facdce58c2634afe14f.png

Ibra :)

I can't believe I've just seen Gignac score a good goal.

and 2 goals! :D

What a game!!

Also can't believe my stream is three goals behind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Bit of a dull second half after the entertaining first half. A good point for PSG it must be said. The first Ibra golazo was :eek:

• Advertisement

How long before Zlatan gets bored of being light years ahead of the rest of the league? He was not impressed with Pastore the last day.

Marseille (and Montpellier)Emoticon-Facepalm.gif Actually caught the last ten minutes of the Marseille game. Dominating but so wasteful and Troyes took their chance. Basically saying to PSG, we've kept the top spot warm for you lot. Here have it now..

Gomis goal for Lyon was fantastic, both the finish from him and the assist from Malbranque.

Toulouse keep chugging along too. Good seeing them do well.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Marseille (and Montpellier)Emoticon-Facepalm.gif Actually caught the last ten minutes of the Marseille game. Dominating but so wasteful and Troyes took their chance. Basically saying to PSG, we've kept the top spot warm for you lot. Here have it now..

Gomis goal for Lyon was fantastic, both the finish from him and the assist from Malbranque.

Toulouse keep chugging along too. Good seeing them do well.

Think I may have said it earlier in this thread but Toulouse, for me anyway, seem to have really grown a collective spirit similar to what Montpellier had last season.

They really seem to be fighting for each other and I have to say that Sissoko has been very impressive with his attitude despite the fact he can sign a pre contract in January with any club that wants him. He has been a real pro in his performances and I also love the way he has been protecting Yedder in games.

Montpellier on the other hand seem to have lost their stomach for a fight and they seem to be a team made up of seperate factions now rather than one group. I can see them losing a few players in January if it continues and not just the likely suspect in Yanga-Mbiwa given his contract ends in June.

How long before Zlatan gets bored of being light years ahead of the rest of the league? He was not impressed with Pastore the last day.

As long as his wages keep rolling into his bank account I reckon he will be happy.:)

Normality restored at l'OM after the freakish events of the first couple of months, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Normality restored at l'OM after the freakish events of the first couple of months, then.

Big blow for them to have lost Gignac so early. He's been in great form so far. His replacement, Remy, had a mare i'm led to believe. He'll need to improve if Marseille aren't to be also-rans by the time Gignac returns.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think I may have said it earlier in this thread but Toulouse, for me anyway, seem to have really grown a collective spirit similar to what Montpellier had last season.

They really seem to be fighting for each other and I have to say that Sissoko has been very impressive with his attitude despite the fact he can sign a pre contract in January with any club that wants him. He has been a real pro in his performances and I also love the way he has been protecting Yedder in games.

Montpellier on the other hand seem to have lost their stomach for a fight and they seem to be a team made up of seperate factions now rather than one group. I can see them losing a few players in January if it continues and not just the likely suspect in Yanga-Mbiwa given his contract ends in June.

How are we going to fit Sissoko and Belhanda into our midfield Kess? :pac: :P

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    How are we going to fit Sissoko and Belhanda into our midfield Kess? :pac: :P

Very easily :D

Don't forget about slotting Yanga-Mbiwa into the back four. ;)

PSG off of the top spot. :D

Zlatan sent off. Was a "challenge" on the keeper that brought to mind what De Jong did to Alonso. But what a result for Saint Etienne.

Pity Toulouse lost the chance of being level on points with PSG and Marseille. Fourth game in a row that they have conceded a goal in the last couple of minutes so it was bound to cost them at some point. Defo will sting their supporters that the loss came to their big rival though.

Montpellier's up and down season continues with second from botton Troyes getting a point against them. There is really something rotton within that Montpellier team. Just looks like a bunch of strangers rather than the tight team they were last season.

League table is still pretty tight. 11 games gone for most teams and there is only four points seperating the top seven teams.

Hatrick for Ibra tonight. PSG looking good, 3 up against Valenciennes.

He's been sensational so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement