Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone not functioning

• 10-08-2012 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭

I have an iphone 4s, was just using it for text messaging and skype today and put it down; I picked it up after lunch and it's not turning on or off.

The only screen that appears is the iphone screen that appears when you plug your iphone into itunes (the iphone is not attached to itunes, and hasn't been for at least a few days).

I turn it on and off, but this screen is all that ever appears.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

I'll take it to the store, of course, except that I live about 10 miles away and they're closed right now. Just wondering why this is happening? Phone hasn't been damaged physically or anything like that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's in recovery mode. To exit it download a program called tinyumbrella and with the iPhone connected to the pc a button should be visible that says exit recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Thank you gull

What's it... recovering from?

After I do this, should I take it back to the shop and ask them to do something, or leave it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I don't know how or why it went into recovery mode but i doubt it's anything to worry about and there's no need to bring it back to the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

If you have internet plug it into itunes and download the latest software onto it. Try holding down the power button and home button at the same time for 30 seconds first though.

Advertisement