Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barbeque - Anyone?

• 10-08-2012 7:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Today was the most glorious day of sunshine on what a delight to be alive, I can only imagine how good life would be if this wretched country had proper weather.

I just made a barbeque this evening for dinner and it was the most delicious food ever, barb'd burgers, sausages, rashers and chicken, then I had half a glass of ice cold beer and will sit back to enjoy the olympic boxing.

For everything that is wrong in this country if only there was enough sunshine it would make everything bearable. Imagine to think it will be P1ssing rain tomorrow evening :(

How did you spend our one day "summer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Indoors, windows closed, calling people gay on the internet.

Makes me feel like a big man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I thought I was getting an invitation :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Down in Kildare at a friend's house,went on up to the curragh,it was great and relaxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yeah sunshine cures everything. Those peeps in Africa don't know how good they have it. Moany bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I spent the day in a dark room, praying to god that my hangover wouldn't kill me!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

In the shade. It is just beautiful out right now. Last night was a cloying humid mess but worth it for the moment that's in it. I'm shunning a night out for a chilled out evening in the country. Going back outside to read a book and sit as the sun dips under the trees lining the far side of the fields. I'm broke and I'll get flack for not going out but I'm having my fun and that's all that matters. (-I might say this too much :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Have the patio doors open but no time for sun....Olympics are on!

Olympics only come round once every 4 years but we get 2 nice days a year so...... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Beer from a glass?

Well la-de-da, no recession in that house, you're lucky to have a job house running water.

You should be thankful instead of complaining all the time FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Conchir

I went out sailing to the Baily Lighthouse. Great weather and a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

Give the animals a break for f***ks sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Spent the day playing golf, face like a tomato but well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Give the animals a break for f***ks sake
    Me bollox!
    I'm going huntin now :D and il have a BBQ in pissin rain tomoro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

realies wrote: »
    Down in Kildare at a friend's house,went on up to the curragh,it was great and relaxing.

Should've dropped in to my gaff, few ice cold Cuban beers ready to be popped!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I went to IKEA to get some side plates and storage boxes for my nail polish

thug lyfe

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

:D
    Me bollox!
    I'm going huntin now :D and il have a BBQ in pissin rain tomoro

Oh good - maybe your hand will slip and I can give you a nice recipe for roast p**ck. I've heard from a cannibal that it tastes like rabbit

Ghandee wrote: »
    Should've dropped in to my gaff, few ice cold Cuban beers ready to be popped!:D

Next time Ghandee but be warned I only drink herbal teas ;):o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Stinicker wrote: »
    Today was the most glorious day of sunshine on what a delight to be alive, I can only imagine how good life would be if this wretched country had proper weather.

I just made a barbeque this evening for dinner and it was the most delicious food ever, barb'd burgers, sausages, rashers and chicken, then I had half a glass of ice cold beer and will sit back to enjoy the olympic boxing.

For everything that is wrong in this country if only there was enough sunshine it would make everything bearable. Imagine to think it will be P1ssing rain tomorrow evening :(

How did you spend our one day "summer?
    I spent the day exactly the same way as you, dont get the chance that often so grab it while you can..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

realies wrote: »
    Next time Ghandee but be warned I only drink herbal teas ;):o:)

Is that a 'herbal tea' wink wink, kind of herbal tea, or do you mean a peppermint/dewberry/strawberry and mango, kind of herbal tea?

(i ave both) :cool:

Ghandee wrote: »
    Is that a 'herbal tea' wink wink, kind of herbal tea, or do you mean a peppermint/dewberry/strawberry and mango, kind of herbal tea?

(i ave both) :cool:

Lemon & ginger please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I came home earlier and found my bedroom full of smoke. I'm in an apt over a duplex and the guy downstairs have a crappy little bbq that was just billowing out smoke. I'd left the window open because lets face it, that's what you do on days like this. It smelled like burnt wax so I think he must have thrown in a candle or some tea lights to get it going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement