Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear to a festival?!

• 10-08-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Penney's had wellies today, they're usually very cheap. They also had nice light, patterned dresses that could be layered with cardigans or hoodies.

I recommend tights and shorts/dress. Bring a few pairs and just throw them out when they get wet or ripped. They dry pretty quickly while they're on you too. If jeans get wet they're a nightmare, so uncomfortable and you'd never get them dry. Shorts and dresses can be worn bare legged if we get the weather. Thick knee high socks are also a must for wellies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Penny's have €4 leggings which are a great basis for any festival outfit (i prefer them to tights i hate the tight book sock combo, can never get my toes feeling right) then layer, skirt or dress, tank top and t-shirt (long or short sleeved) and rain jacket and probably a scarf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Sounds trivial, but if you're wearing wellies, make sure your socks have a good tight elastic band because there is nothing worse than socks slipping down inside!

I'd reckon you'd get away without tights/leggings at that time of year. Once you have a nice warm jacket/jumper for the nightime, your legs probably wont get cold. Its much easier to wipe muck or rain off bare legs than it is to dry or clean fabric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Did you have a look on boohoo.com?
    They usually have good festival type clothes.
    Also, not wellies, but they have fake Doc Martens.
    I bought the whites ones and I LOVE THEM.
    A bit more stylish than wellies and they're patent, so essential work just as well as wellies.
    (I wore them to a festival type thing with mud and torrential rain and it just ran right off them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

A poncho!

I know they're not exactly stylish but you'll be glad of one if it rains. I had a light Dunnes 'waterproof' jacket for Oxegen a few years ago. It lashed rain all weekend and this little slip of a thing was soaked through. I got a plastic poncho from some stall or other and lived in it for the weekend.

As for clothes, I'd agree with all of the above. Shorts, dresses and skirts with tights or leggings, thick knee high socks, wellies or some other boots. Actually, bring plasters because wellies can rub your feet. Light vest tops, t-shirts, cardigans and zip-ups will also be handier than big jumpers or hoodies; you can put them on and take them off as you need and it won't be a bother carrying them.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement