Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Venue for 30th Birthday party.

Options
  • 10-08-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

I want to hold a really cool party for my husband's 30th next year. I was thinking of a Tarantino Themed Costume Party as he is a big fan. So now I am looking for a Tarantino Inspired venue for the party. Any ideas? Even just a kind of cool/retro style bar with a room for hire or an entire venue would be great. It is for about 60 people and I am hoping to have a band and some bites (burgers and that type of thing) I can get caterers in if needed though so food does not have to be served by the venue.

All of this sounds pretty extravagant but I am on a budget so the less pricey the better. Thanks everyone.

Forgot to say in DUBLIN, sorry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

I am throwing a Tarantino themed party for my husband who is a huge fan. It will be a costume party (dress as your fave Tarantino character obviously!) and I am thinking of having it in my home. I wanted to hire a venue that was bYOB but found it very difficult and the money spent on room hire could be spent on something way more fun, like beer.

So anyone any ideas on what else to do? Already have a projector that will play Tarantino films or clips. I am hiring a bar man and lounge boy/girl to make and serve cocktails. Will be serving American style grub; Big Kahuna Burgers, fries ( hate that word!) etc Will hang loads of Tarantino posters around and be playing a mix of songs from his flicks as well as music I think would have a tarantino feel about it. I just want something a bit "extra" to make it really memorable.

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

See if the barman/lounge staff would be willing to dress as 50s celebrities ala the staff at Jack Rabbit slims. Could also get a cheap trophy for a twist contest.

Depending on how accomodating your friends will be I'd try to encourage a variety of costumes otherwise you could just have everyone in suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Orim wrote: »
    See if the barman/lounge staff would be willing to dress as 50s celebrities ala the staff at Jack Rabbit slims. Could also get a cheap trophy for a twist contest.

Depending on how accomodating your friends will be I'd try to encourage a variety of costumes otherwise you could just have everyone in suits.

My friends are the biggest pile of geeks so they'll relish the opportunity to "out tarantino" one another. I'm sure there'll be more than a few suits too though but I won't hold it against them.

Twist competition is brilliant idea! Will get trophy too, thanks for that.

Advertisement