Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is bb cream?

• 10-08-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I hear everyone talking about it but no idea what it is. Is it just tinted moisturiser? What does bb stand for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

It's a blemish balm style product originally used after people had laser skin surgery. It's huge in Korea...loads of info here:)

http://www.squidoo.com/b-b-cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    It's a blemish balm style product originally used after people had laser skin surgery. It's huge in Korea...loads of info here:)

http://www.squidoo.com/b-b-cream

Great link, lots of info on there, thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I heard they contain bleaching agents. That is why they seem to be popular in Asian countries apparently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Sudocreme is the original Bb cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

Can anyone recommend an affordable bb cream? Was thinking about trying it out but I've acne prone skin and I don't think they're will be enough coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

LisaRoy wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an affordable bb cream? Was thinking about trying it out but I've acne prone skin and I don't think they're will be enough coverage.

http://amzn.com/B002B9DWBC

This is quite cheap right now and the brand has got really good reviews

Skin79 Orange spf50 is more foundation-like than most BB's. However it's also drier and harder to blend than the normal ones which I love (going off reviews here as I haven't tried the orange yet)
    skin79_super_plus_orange_bb_cream__12381_zoom.jpg

However the gold and pink and buildable, you can slap as much on as you want and it won't look awful like when I slap too much foundation on! But medium coverage at most! Still looks very natural and if you use a decent concealer too you should be set!

I've ordered the MISSHA Signature Real Complete in their lightest shade to try out a different brand of BB Cream (although ordered my trusty Skin79 too which I'll never be parted from), out of MISSHA it seems to get the best reviews so hopefully will try that during next week and can let you know how I get on!
    new-missha-signature-complete-bb-cream-spf25-21-12pcs-04608.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Thanks for the replies. Don't think I'll be rushing out to buy it any time soon as I like plenty of coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Coverage isn't much from any BB cream and certainly not enough if you're wanting to cover up acne I wouldn't bother with it. I have the clinique one and it's a great base but you can see every spot and red mark straight through it. All it does really is to create a nice base for foundation with a heavier coverage and it helps that to last longer. I like it for that but not the coverage.

Well it depends, you should be using colour correcting concealer really to disguise acne and red areas as foundation can be clumpy on acne.

The Skin79 gold I use will cover my redness and look very natural at the same time so using a good concealer with this does the trick if my skin has a breakout!

I use this a colour corrector wheel from Facefx!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Just wondering how pale the skin79 is? Does it come in different shades?

Also What is the difference between the pink and gold one?

I really want to get one as an alternative to foundation. My skin isnt really bad and I don't need a lot of coverage. These sound great!

kate.m wrote: »
    Just wondering how pale the skin79 is? Does it come in different shades?

Also What is the difference between the pink and gold one?

I really want to get one as an alternative to foundation. My skin isnt really bad and I don't need a lot of coverage. These sound great!

Hey, photo here from my blog, gold pink and prestige all from Skin79
    dscn69371-400x300.jpg

They're all quite similar, pink is aimed at oilier skin and has a satin finish. It has quite grey tinge but after 5 mins on the skin this oxidises and should match well. I'm a little lighter than MAC's lightest shade and I can still wear this one happily just the gold is more neutral in tone so looks a teeny bit lighter on and is aimed at dry skin so I use that more often.

Both are amazing, the pink is the best all rounder if you want a start and also ebay sell mini kits with a few different ones in it so you could always try that!

If you want shades try MISSHA, I'm currently trying out one of theirs now!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Has anyone tried the new Body Shop BB cream? I love Body Shop but they're so expensive, it's not really the kind of stuff you can buy just to try out. :p

Just out of interest how much is the bodyshop BB cream?

I got a Ginvera BB cream lately - worked out at about E22 or thereabouts, found it fantastic and great value for money! The tube isn't very big at 25ml but a little seems to go a long way so i'm hoping it will prove good value for money :)

Just out of interest how much is the bodyshop BB cream?

I actually don't know, I haven't seen it in shops yet, but I'd say it's probably around €20.

I've heard so many good things about that pink Skin79 BB cream that I'm definitely ordering it when I get paid!

I got the Pink Skin79 BB Cream yesterday and the Gold VIP one too - I'm sooo looking forward to trying these out, they're supposed to be good for dry skinned gals like myself - will soon be putting to them test! :D

The packaging on the Skin79 creams is gorgeous! It looks like a premium, luxury product - really classy altogether!

I got the Pink Skin79 BB Cream yesterday and the Gold VIP one too - I'm sooo looking forward to trying these out, they're supposed to be good for dry skinned gals like myself - will soon be putting to them test! :D

The packaging on the Skin79 creams is gorgeous! It looks like a premium, luxury product - really classy altogether!

Oh cool, let us know what you think of them! :) I have dry skin too so I guess the Gold one would be better for me but I kind of prefer the way the pink one looks. :o

Yeah, it's not that I have awful dry skin, but in the past no matter what foundation I used (and believed me I searched high up and low down and spent a fortune on expensive brands in the process!) they would always cling to dry patches - and no amount of exfoliating and using primers ever really truly solved the problem.

I have high hopes for the Skin79 ones! :D

The pink label looks gorgeous alright! The Gold one is actually really nice too though - anyhoo, i'll definitely report back and let you know how I get on with both!

Might slap a bit on this evening, though it seems like such a waste of makeup seeing as I'll be indoors all night! Boo! It's in the name of research mind! ;)

Ha, that's what I always do whenever I buy new make up, I remove my make up and put on all the new stuff. I'm too impatient to wait til the next morning. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭loomk

Skin79 Orange spf50 is more foundation-like than most BB's. However it's also drier and harder to blend than the normal ones which I love (going off reviews here as I haven't tried the orange yet)
    skin79_super_plus_orange_bb_cream__12381_zoom.jpg

However the gold and pink and buildable, you can slap as much on as you want and it won't look awful like when I slap too much foundation on! But medium coverage at most! Still looks very natural and if you use a decent concealer too you should be set!

I've ordered the MISSHA Signature Real Complete in their lightest shade to try out a different brand of BB Cream (although ordered my trusty Skin79 too which I'll never be parted from), out of MISSHA it seems to get the best reviews so hopefully will try that during next week and can let you know how I get on!
    new-missha-signature-complete-bb-cream-spf25-21-12pcs-04608.jpg

Thinking of trying the Missha, what did you think?

• Advertisement

I didn't like it as much to be honest and ended up not using it!

I'm sticking to gold!

If you're pale I also just reviewed Skin79 green which is a great pale shade and is aimed at oily skin but offers a bit more moisture than Skin79 orange. Also have a review of Skin79 purple coming this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I love the garnier one.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭loomk

I didn't like it as much to be honest and ended up not using it!

I'm sticking to gold!

If you're pale I also just reviewed Skin79 green which is a great pale shade and is aimed at oily skin but offers a bit more moisture than Skin79 orange. Also have a review of Skin79 purple coming this week!

Where can I see your reviews?!?!

loomk wrote: »
    Where can I see your reviews?!?!

I can't post up my links here so I'll send you a pm!

Or you should be able to see it in my signature once you're logged in!:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement