Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boil notice on water???

• 10-08-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Just heard that our water had a boil-notice on it for the last 4 weeks. None of my neighbours nor myself knew about this. i only found out today by complete chance. I have being haveing stomach cramps for the last while and alot of the neighbors havent been well. I am really really really pissed off. Arnt we supposed to get notice or a letter in the door or something when this happens? They could have at least made some effort to say that drinking our ****ing tap water would make us sick. Stupid good for nothing council.

rant over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Where in the country are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

North of town is my bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No notice at all?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Where in the country are you?

Athlone Co. Roscommon. I know there is 2 different plants for water so i dont think the town is effected. Anyone know where you can find out for sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Have you considered ringing Roscommon County Council of a Monday ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Athlone Co. Roscommon. I know there is 2 different plants for water so i dont think the town is effected. Anyone know where you can find out for sure?

After Hours is always the best place to find out important stuff.

No notice at all?

None. I only found out today becouse a friend of a friend is a plumer or something for the councle and the friend rang me and said it. It not like i just missed the notice. Not one of my neighbours knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Just heard that our water had a boil-notice on it for the last 4 weeks. None of my neighbours nor myself knew about this. i only found out today by complete chance. I have being haveing stomach cramps for the last while and alot of the neighbors havent been well. I am really really really pissed off. Arnt we supposed to get notice or a letter in the door or something when this happens? They could have at least made some effort to say that drinking our ****ing tap water would make us sick. Stupid good for nothing council.

rant over

You must not have paid your household charge.
    Everyone else that paid it get volvic from their taps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

None. I only found out today becouse a friend of a friend is a plumer or something for the councle and the friend rang me and said it. It not like i just missed the notice. Not one of my neighbours knew.

:pac: no answer needed.AH broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thats just crazy, cabbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Happened me a few years ago. Sick as a dog for a week so I went to the doctor. I had the privilage of shyting into a small cup for a sample to be sent off. Doctor rang me two days later to ask was the water ok, I showed signs of some bovIne contracted thing for cow crap.
    A week, a full week, later from the docs phone call we get a notice in the door.
    And people wonder why we sank our own well & refuse to pay the household charge.
    Outer Mongolia is probably better sanitised than a lot of schemes in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I had the privilage of shyting into a small cup for a sample to be sent off.

Is your doctor female?

I'm thinking 2 girls one cup

Is your doctor female?

I'm thinking 2 girls one cup

Stop it :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I had the privilage of shyting into a small cup for a sample to be sent off.

Is your doctor female?

[COLOR="Wheat"]I'm thinking 2 girls one cup[/COLOR]
    Male.
    Sorry to disappoint. Good doctor too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

roscommon forum (if something as boring exists)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

After Hours is always the best place to find out important stuff.

Thats the motto - "We're hear to listen and help".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Shur, there's always a boil notice on water in Roscommon

Nodin wrote: »
    Thats the motto - "We're hear to listen and help".

Oh, I thought it was "we're here to judge" ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Chucken wrote: »
    Oh, I thought it was "we're here to judge" ? :confused:

Now where did ye get that mad idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I didn't know athlone was in 2 counties? You learn something new everyday. Or not as the case may be for the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

OP, I assume you're typing all this on your smartphone on the jacks?

Nodin wrote: »
    Now where did ye get that mad idea?

I read it on the back of a buggy at a bus stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

What colour is your poo OP?

Where To wrote: »
    What colour is your poo OP?

It is rainbow coloured with red polka dots.

Should i be worried?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It is rainbow coloured with red polka dots.

Should i be worried?

:pac:
    I'm afraid it's too late to be worried :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Don't wimp out now OP, just keep drinking the stuff. You will either develope an immunity to all bugs, or die. Post back with the results, no, no that won't work. Get your oh to take photos and post them daily. If we see you going downhill, we'll call for help to go to you. This being AH, a Gay Juggler with a dildo will probably turn up at your doorstep offering to teach you how to snort coke, but it's the best plan I could come up with. That or don't drink the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

From my experience of Roscommons drinking water you always had to boil it.

Most of the time it looked like milk.

Oh yeah Roscommon forum is thataway>>http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=953

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement