Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS points with a laser card

Options
  • 10-08-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi All, Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but anyone know if there's anywhere I can get MS points online with a laser card. I know I can order them by post from gamestop, but is there anywhere I can get them emailed to me almost straight away at this hour?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If you have your laser set up with paypal you could use http://electronicfirst.com/cheap-microsoft-points/ .. Ive used them before with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I used my Laser card before on Gamesnash.ie with no problems. Pat is pretty cool and they have a forum here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1222

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hi All, Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but anyone know if there's anywhere I can get MS points online with a laser card. I know I can order them by post from gamestop, but is there anywhere I can get them emailed to me almost straight away at this hour?

Thanks!!

Thought a saw something on gamestops facebook a week or so ago saying they were now emailing codes too.

As an aside, I was in HMV yesterday they had 4200 for 39.99 which given exchange rates at the moment was no more than 2 or 3 euro more than what I paid from one of the sites during the week,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

You know BOI are now issuing Visa Debit cards as a replacement for Laser Cards? Ring them up and they should be able to sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

GBX wrote: »
    If you have your laser set up with paypal you could use http://electronicfirst.com/cheap-microsoft-points/ .. Ive used them before with no problems.

Wait, you can use laser cards with PayPal??? :eek:
    Holy crap I'm slow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

miralize wrote: »
    You know BOI are now issuing Visa Debit cards as a replacement for Laser Cards? Ring them up and they should be able to sort you out.

They are ment to have all Laser replaced by Visa Debit by the end of September. If you ask for a replacement early they charge you a €5 fee, but if you don't ask and just wait it's free. Laser is supposed to be deactivated completely by the years end.

Don't know why BOI are taking so long. TSB issued me with Visa Debit almost 2 yrs ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

They are ment to have all Laser replaced by Visa Debit by the end of September. If you ask for a replacement early they charge you a €5 fee, but if you don't ask and just wait it's free. Laser is supposed to be deactivated completely by the years end.

Don't know why BOI are taking so long. TSB issued me with Visa Debit almost 2 yrs ago now.

The BOI cards have NFC tech inside them , and they need to be produced for each customer in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got my visa debt card from BOI about 3 weeks ago , I didn't even ask for one so I assume they are in the process of rolling them out, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

calex71 wrote: »
    Got my visa debt card from BOI about 3 weeks ago , I didn't even ask for one so I assume they are in the process of rolling them out, very handy.

Is this the same with all irish banks, or just boi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

All banks are rolling them as a replacement to Laser. Depends on your bank as to when you get one.

As someone said above I got one off permanent TSB yonks ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement