Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Boards 5 a side soccer in mdl

Options
  • 10-08-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Mentioned in another thread and there was 1 or 2 people interested in playing 5 a side.
    Nothing to hectic, just something to get the waist down a bit and have a bit of craic,
    Who would be interested. if the numbers are there i'll look into a pitch.

Was thinking as a ballpark start 8pm on a Wednesday but thats open to change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Hi, yeah i'd be up for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Id be up for that aswell sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I'm in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Thats 4 so, if we get a few more i'll book the pitch for wed week and see if we can make it weekly

Probably need around 10 to make it viable, shall I ask mates?

• Advertisement

ye 10 is the magic number. ye ask anybody who's interested,

Even better if we got 12-14 names. No doubt there'll always be a few that won't turn up every week.

Yeah chewed agree 100% you'll always have no shows / or people who can't make it

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

I wouldn't mind. Might miss the odd day with work but would be interested in a kick about.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

I'd be up for a kick around too!

• Advertisement

Ok thats 7 so far, would anyone have any mates or that that would go, i'd have a few as back up that could call on if we were short.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 treefour

I'd be up for this as well.

ok i'd say that there's enough intrest to make this a go, i'll ring gerry in mdl tonight to see if there is pitches and if were short numbers hopefully people will know others to drag along.

If people can pm me there numbers or email so I can be in contact with details in case they don't check this forum

tuborg_man wrote: »
    ok i'd say that there's enough intrest to make this a go, i'll ring gerry in mdl tonight to see if there is pitches and if were short numbers hopefully people will know others to drag along.

If people can pm me there numbers or email so I can be in contact with details in case they don't check this forum
    Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Pm sent

Venue booked, had to change the day and time to half 8 on a thursday, hope this suits, i will get in touch wed evening to try and get numbers, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

tuborg_man wrote: »
    Venue booked, had to change the day and time to half 8 on a thursday, hope this suits, i will get in touch wed evening to try and get numbers, cheers

Where are the pitches located?

Hey tuborg man, yeah thats grand.

Where are the pitches located?

If your heading out of navan, passed balreask cross, its a turn off on the left hand side just before the road over the bridge over the M3.
    I'm certain its signposted there anyway.

ye it's signposted, we'll meet at 8.20 at the main changing room and head there, will pm everyone wed to get numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

I'll be there!!

I think I pm'd everyone there, If I missed anyone can you pm me If your going to be there tomorrow

Have 8 people going with a few more to get back to me, so if anyone wants to bring anyone then let me know, should be going ahead anyway

How did it go last night? I'll be there from next Thursday onwards. I'll ask a few of the neighbours if they're interested as well and will let you know.

Ye was a good game, nobody collapsed (except me when hit in the bollox with a ball) and everyone survived, Hopefully it'll keep going on through the winter.

Feeling a bit sore today! Was a good laugh alright good to be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

Im looking to get a bit of fitness back, wouldnt mind joining in with ya's im only bout 10 mins drive from the MDL so it would be handy, pm me n ill give you my phone number

no hassle, have your number there now, cheers

So mick, how many boardsies is that we have now?
    I know one lad who'd be a definite for this thursday night.

• Advertisement

think it's 7 if everyone from last week from boards is going, i'll send the pm's around tomorrow or else reply here if you (or others you know) are up for a game

Advertisement