Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Boards 5 a side soccer in mdl

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I'll be coming along tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I'll be there - just waiting on my mate to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

cheers sofireland, received your message, Have sent pm's so if you haven't let me know here or give me a pm or a text, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stek1980

Alright lads,

Only seen this post now but would definitely be interested in joining ya for a kick about if there is spaces left??? Would be there most weeks, so if any spaces there from next week please keep me in mind. Always wanted to get a game going down here but never knew enough ppl in Navan to get one going.

stek1980 wrote: »
    Alright lads,

Only seen this post now but would definitely be interested in joining ya for a kick about if there is spaces left??? Would be there most weeks, so if any spaces there from next week please keep me in mind. Always wanted to get a game going down here but never knew enough ppl in Navan to get one going.

ye no prob, If you could send me a pm of your number that'd be great, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

Sorry lads for the blatant advertising, but there is an annual 5 a side charity tournament on in the MDL on 15th September. 5 Euro a head with all proceeds going to Alzheimers Navan. Would be great if the Boardsies on here could enter a team.

Just an idea, if not that's perfectly ok.

https://www.facebook.com/events/436796419706086/

More info there.

cheers for mentioning that,

If people are up for it i'd be up for playing in that, bit of craic for a charity, hopefully we'll get thursday going again this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

is the footie on this Thursday? Was it cancelled last Thurs?

football is on thursday, was cancelled last thursday due to a few people dropping out,

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

Just noticed this thread. Not sure if you have enough numbers for your own game but i play with a regular bunch of lads at 9pm on a Thursday at the MDL. We've lost a few players due to injuries, etc and could do with a couple more players if anybody is interested in joining us. maybe merge the teams? Nothing too serious either, just a kick about to keep the fitness up. You're welcome to pm me if there's interest.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

id be interested in this if its still going??:p

ye it's being going well, you should get a text tomorrow about it murf. cheers gunner, will keep you in mind but we have being getting 10 and above fairly regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

tuborg_man wrote: »
    ye it's being going well, you should get a text tomorrow about it murf. cheers gunner, will keep you in mind but we have being getting 10 and above fairly regularly
    cool, let me know sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

tuborg_man wrote: »

No worries, ideally we need another 2 or 3 regulars to get things back on track. If there's an oversupply on your side you can direct them our way :D

we play at 9pm on a thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

i'll be sending the texts in the morning lads
    been going quite well good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dodliv

Any room left

dodliv send me your number in pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Any chance this is up and running.....?

we hasd it going for a few months but numbers started to tail off about a month ago, i'll give it a break for a while but if we get the numbers again we might start it up again

Ideal time to get it going now with the summer kicking in, I used to play out in summerhill but that fell away too. Itching to start playing again....if you even hear of a game going drop us a pm mate and I jump in goal for a few weeks till I get the fitness back slowly.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Id be up for this so give me a shout if ya need numbers.

Good stuff...looks like we might be able to get the interest going again.

well we have a pitch booked on a thursday at half 8 in mdl but if there was intrest we could prob change the time, I will be taking a break from organising it but if someone else will step up i'd help them out at the start, I think we have about 5-6 lads that would play and then the new lads as well,

So this is a go'er for tonite or next week?

Dont want to miss it after getting it sorted......

no i'm to busy to organize it at the moment but if someone else wants to then we could get it going, have a few numbers from the last few months if anyone wants a go at organizing

Can you get it going again m8 for a few weeks and I will take over organising it and see how we go?

Advertisement