Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web email extractor

Options
  • 10-08-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

Hope this is the right place to post this?

I want to get a list of companies from various sites so that I can email them to try and get a job.

I have tried a few but they pull a lot of irrevelant stuff and have no useful filter.

Can anyone reccommend a free one, safe and filters as well

Thanks
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

blonde36 wrote: »
    Hi

Hope this is the right place to post this?

I want to get a list of companies from various sites so that I can email them to try and get a job.

I have tried a few but they pull a lot of irrevelant stuff and have no useful filter.

Can anyone reccommend a free one, safe and filters as well

Thanks
    T

It's kind of unclear what you're asking. You want a site crawler that will find e-mail addresses for you, so you can mail them about a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You're looking for an email scraper. A Google throws up plenty of options.

However, this is the wrong approach if you are trying to get a job. It's not much good just throwing shedloads of applications at a mailing list. You are much better off researching each and every company you apply to with a tailored CV and cover letter. Classic quality over quantity.

Advertisement