Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless CCTV

Options
  • 10-08-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem I installed a new wireless Camera in my shed facing the back of my house it operates on 2.4 channel 4 and it seems to interfere with my wifi broadband. The signal goes down on my laptop when its on. I am using channels 1,2 & 3 for two video senders and another Camera without noticeable interference.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have seen it regularly. Thats why we don't use cheap wireless CCTV. Using it on different channels is the only solution .

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

haymur wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone else has had this problem I installed a new wireless Camera in my shed facing the back of my house it operates on 2.4 channel 4 and it seems to interfere with my wifi broadband. The signal goes down on my laptop when its on. I am using channels 1,2 & 3 for two video senders and another Camera without noticeable interference.

broadband uses 2.4 aswell ch 4 frequency must be closest to the 2.4 used by your b/b

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Adjacent wi-fi channels actually overlap - Use Channel 1, 6 or 13. They are the only channels that do not overlap each other.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

Adjacent wi-fi channels actually overlap - Use Channel 1, 6 or 13. They are the only channels that do not overlap each other.

Nate
    Do you mean 1,6 or 13 on the broadband WiFi signal or on the camera freqs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I'd need to see a diagram on how you have it set up to be certain. But Generally unless the cameras are using the same Wireless router that also supplies wireless the Laptop (ie all one the same network) they should be on channels as far apart as possible. This is because adjacent Wi-fi channels interfere with each other.

5ag951.jpg

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

The wireless camera's and senders I have are bog standard ones on the 2.4mhz band with only 4 channel selector switching on them. I intend to get a 5.8 TV sender soon as the older 2.4 ones are prone to interference from microwaves and internet signals. I presume all modems work on the same freq mine is a new vodafone one and seems to be the same as my old Zyxel modem.

Advertisement