Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most money you've ever spent on a game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I think I spent €180 on Guitar Hero World Tour. Not sure if that counts though because it's not the game that costs most of the money.

Probably €60 on FIFA back in the day. It's been a long time since I've spent that much money on a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

DJ Hero renegade edition it was around 180 euros when it came out, absolutely disgusted of myself everytime I'm seeing the 20 euros price tag of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The new Assassins creed is €100 as was the last one but due to credit on old and unused games/movies I will cost be €7. I paid €100 on the last assassins creed and yes I agree was not much in it hopefully as it is the last one (YA RIGHT) they will have something cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

The new Assassins creed is €100 as was the last one but due to credit on old and unused games/movies I will cost be €7. I paid €100 on the last assassins creed and yes I agree was not much in it hopefully as it is the last one (YA RIGHT) they will have something cool

Would you not just check the details of the special edition package online before paying double the price of the standard game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

C14N wrote: »
    Would you not just check the details of the special edition package online before paying double the price of the standard game?

I have and it looks cool just hope it is especially the statue bit. The previous one looked cool also just left me a bit disapointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Modern Warfare 2 Night Vision Set day one, €169.99.

Pokemon White and Black 15 times each over the course of the last 2 years have cost me €400. Each time I trade them in I rebuy them a few weeks later.

You'd think you'd learn after the first time... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Most I spent was €95 on the Japanese version of Initial D: Extreme Stage when it first came out. The Japanese version was more expensive, but the only one with online so I wanted that :o.

I still play it now sometimes, so i guess it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I guess the most money I paid for a game has to be Battlefield 3.

- Bought full price at release day (50 euro)
    - Bought 'premium' (which is just under 50 euro)

So the guts of 100 euro for one game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In the last few years, i've bought a few collectors editions, but for the bog standard game, it would have to be Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast. Paid €80 (ish) for it on ebay.

Totally worth it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Yeah probably WoW for me too.

A single released game? I suppose when I saved up all summer to buy Alien 3 on the SNES. Think it cost £60-65 irish punts in Smyth's.

Biggest waste of money ever. I felt sick as a dog when I realised how **** and repetitive it was. All the reviews were 90 percent plus. Definite case of Acclaim paying off the mags. Glad they went bust.

Converting to euro and adjusting for inflation that must have been well over €100 in today's money. Absolute garbage it was.

The SCII collector's edition cost me about 80e but it was worth it. Beautiful box, Jim Raynor dogtag usb drive with the original SC on it. in game WoW pet, artbook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RarestSolanum

I've spent about €150 on League of Legends.

Who knew free to play was so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Worst waste of money was £50 for Die Hard Trilogy on the PC.

God it was awful. Terrible terrible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fifa 11 and Fifa 12..
    Spent about another €150 on the bloody gold packs for Ultimate Team addon :(
    Prob do the same again for Fifa 13 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I've spent about €150 on League of Legends.

Who knew free to play was so expensive.

yep spent about the same on World Of Tanks

FTP me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 35 st3veebee

I thought I was doing really well until I remembered TF2.

Must have spent 80-100 euro on that game easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

jayteecork wrote: »
    Yeah probably WoW for me too.

A single released game? I suppose when I saved up all summer to buy Alien 3 on the SNES. Think it cost £60-65 irish punts in Smyth's.

Biggest waste of money ever. I felt sick as a dog when I realised how **** and repetitive it was. All the reviews were 90 percent plus. Definite case of Acclaim paying off the mags. Glad they went bust.

Converting to euro and adjusting for inflation that must have been well over €100 in today's money. Absolute garbage it was.
    wt6r5.jpg

Or maybe, I duno, you were wrong about it? :confused:

Most expensive CE for me was probably the God of War: Ultimate Edition for the PS3. That being said, I did get three games in that one so it worked out pretty well overall.

Most on a single game was probably back in the SNES days too. I seem to remember Buster Busts Loose being pretty expensive, as was Super Mario Kart, although that could be because they were some of the first games I ever bought with my own money. :o

Advertisement